PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next 5e Ruleset Change 9 (Tim Burton Tabletop)

Noved7
2017-12-12, 09:56 PM
So I was recently watching the animated Tim Burton film 9 an I couldn't help but realize(since I've been playing D&D so often) that the world of 9 would be perfect for a D&D campaign and its world is rich with playable world scenarios, enemies, deep and intriguing environment and opportunity in general for a great tabletop game
Me and a friend have been contemplating how to edit the D&D 5e ruleset to be more accommodating to a world akin to that of 9 adding greater stress on things like a crafting and scavenging system, implementing a more strict and limiting carry capacity system. we'd also like to play a system similar to the point buy in system to provide some selected individuality that also keeps any one player character from being more/less powerful than the rest because we'd like the playing field to feel level at the start of the game.
Additionally we've been thinking of adding a system that provides both feat selection and ability score improvement to characters rather than an either/or option in exchange for lowering the base buy in points given to a character meaning characters will feel more frail at start with lower stats but also have a more player directed development path.
Finally we've decided to completely remake the feat system to make the added traits and abilities more applicable and an idea that I've contemplated is giving the DM some slight choice over feat selection as these feats would be a representation of an increase in skill in the way you've played your character (example: your character has placed some serious focus on scavenging for necessary crafting materials for the party, so on level___ being reached the DM gives u an appropriate feat allowing you to be more effective at scavenging)

I'm looking for help and suggestions on any aspect of the project from suggested enemy and player stats to rule changes to new feat suggestions so please feel free to comment and give your input. I'd really enjoy some community input so please don't be shy!