PDA

View Full Version : What spells are eligible for the Eldritch Theurge's special blasts?

weckar
2017-12-13, 08:45 AM
So the Eldritch Theurge gets Spellblast to piggyback area spells onto his Eldritch Blast, and Greatreach Blast to do so for touch spells. Clear enough.

however, there are spells that have a target of the form
One creature/level, no two of which can be more than 30 ft. apartAre these spells, for the purposes of Spellblast, spells that "affect an area"?

If not, can the ET do... anything... with spells that target this way?

Telonius
2017-12-13, 09:12 AM
"Target or Targets" is separate from "Area" under Aiming a Spell (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicOverview/spellDescriptions.htm#aimingASpell), so "two targets ..." does not count as an area. I don't think Spellblast does anything to that kind of spell.

You can use Eldritch Spellweave to attach an Essence invocation to spells that affect "two targets..."

weckar
2017-12-13, 09:19 AM
Hmmm... Darn... And unlike most other targeting spells there's not a good way to transform away from a target type such as this.

Eldritch Spellweave is a thing, yeah, but I was hoping to extend the reach of a spell through Eldritch Spear, which Spellblast could have done nicely.

Psyren
2017-12-13, 10:55 AM
Which spell exactly? There might be another way of doing what you're trying to do.

weckar
2017-12-13, 11:00 AM
Well, through a rather roundabout method I got ALL the cures/inflicts as arcane spells on a bard list. I wanted to put my mass cures onto an Eldritch Spear so I could do minor damage (EB damage - cure) while healing my nearby allies. Action economy, and all that.