PDA

View Full Version : online character sheet

imtodd
2017-12-13, 11:16 AM
With the demise of OrcPub what does everyone use for a character sheet? I thought I saw some links to various ones before but I couldn't find the post.

Thanks.

Lord8Ball
2017-12-13, 11:25 AM
The website I use for character sheets is Roll20.

mister__joshua
2017-12-13, 11:32 AM
I like Mythweavers. I also play games over there :)

Sigreid
2017-12-13, 11:46 AM
I use fantasy grounds. Before we were using that, I used Excel.

Foxhound438
2017-12-13, 05:40 PM
I used to use Microsoft excel 2003 before I got my new computer. Now i'm on excel '16.

Requilac
2017-12-13, 05:54 PM
I was never a big fan of this one, but I know that a lot of the people I DM PbP games for like to use mythweavers. I always preferred to use the downloadable, form-fillable ones from WotC which are identical to physical character sheets. You have to save the document to google drive or some other similar online drive system to create the link to them though. Here is a link (http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/character_sheets) to where you can find them. Just access this link then scroll down a little until you find the giant “button” that looks like the cover to the PHB and has “fifth edition character sheets” written under it and then download it. You will get several character sheets when you do this so make sure to use the one that says form-fillable on it when you make them. Hope I have helped.

sithlordnergal
2017-12-13, 05:55 PM
Wait, what happened to Orcpub? Also, I tend to use Roll20

greenstone
2017-12-13, 07:12 PM
I use Word Online and OneNote Online. A few people in groups I'm in use Mythweaver and speak highly of it.

My tuesday game is in a location with no Internet access, so no-one uses online sheets.

Asmotherion
2017-12-13, 07:38 PM
I use a nice custom made sheet I found on the internet. I won't say more, as I think it would be considered advertising. More than that, I use the full version of a smartphone app.

Btw, I checked Orcpub and it appears to be working just fine for me... would you please elaborate on what appears to be the problem for you?

enginesoul
2017-12-13, 08:09 PM
Orcpub still works, but it no longer has non-SRD content, not even UA. Though you can enter custom races, etc.

Drayrs
2017-12-14, 03:37 AM
Plain text; notepad, pastebin, etc..

Its surprisingly little information to write up a character. I tend to keep my inventory and other details separately written out for when I play in-person sessions. My character's background and personality are mapped out in my head.

I have tried a lot of avenues and I like the minimalist approach best; 5ed is simple mechanically, and I have fun playing outside my character sheet, so to speak.

othaero
2017-12-14, 04:29 AM
MorePurpleMoreBetter has a good one if you can find it. I believe the creator got in some legal trouble for it due to copyright infringement so take that as you will.