PDA

View Full Version : Converting my Pathfinder character (Mystic Build)

Drache64
2017-12-13, 05:11 PM
You guys were AWESOME helping with my Psion Elan. This one has given me greater difficulty. I try to stay away from homebrew and if I'm forced to I use Unearthed Arcana or Critical Role...

In Pathfinder I played an Archetype of a Soul Knife called a Soul Gun. It was a ranged version of a Soul Knife and then I took Amateur Gunslinger feat to give him grit without being a Gunslinger class and then could take Gunslinger feats.

He was very unique and fun to play.

I've realized I'll need to use heavy homebrew for this but I want to keep it as "official" as possible, so I'd like to personally create nothing of my own...

Not sure if I should go 5 levels of Mystic Nomad (taking psionic weapon, mastery of fire and nomadic arrow) and then go Gunslinger.

Or do I just go Nomad with Psionic weapon and a bunch of other very powerful abilities but no grit...

The problem I'm having is using this system to gain grit and powers that worked so well in Pathfinder. My character always had heavy powers and very little grit, using it only for clutch moments. Maybe just a dip then into Gunslinger??

Lastly, yes I do see the glaring flaw that mystics aren't supposed to multiclass, that's one other thing I'll have to have my DM ignore...

Drache64
2017-12-13, 08:26 PM
Here's what I have so far:

Gaunt is a high elf who travels the multiverse as a Mystic Nomad. He got his start as a Sheriff of a small Western town on another plane of existence when a Mystic Nomad came to his town searching for a renegade Mystic and inducting the Sheriff into his mystical order.

Kind of Dark Tower meets Planes Walkers.

Rolls: 11,12,13,14,14,15

Name: Gaunt.
Race: High Elf
AC: 16
HP: 25

Str: 11+0
Dex: 18+4
Con: 13+1
Int: 16+3
Wis: 14+2
Cha: 12+1

Racial Cantrip: True Strike

Level: 5
Gunslinger 1
Mystic Nomad 4

Fighting style:
Crack shot +2 atk

Grit: 2
DC: 13
Deeds:
Dead eye
Gunslinger's Dodge
Parting shot

PP: 17
DC: 14
Bonus Disciplines:
Nomad Step
Nomad Arrow

Disciplines:
Mastery of Fire
Celerity

Ventruenox
2017-12-13, 08:39 PM
You are well into third party and homebrew territory with this one.

Mystic multiclassing is highly discouraged for a number of reasons. Given how insanely front loaded the class is, mixing even a one level dip creates a build with major power inequities compared to single classed characters.

My advise? Refluff a Warlock for your gunslinger. Eldritch Blast is perfect. Use a gun shaped arcane focus.

Drache64
2017-12-13, 09:00 PM
Well, if I forgo Gunslinger for a dip, Nomad can replicate the effects of grit and then some, dare I say he's even more powerful without Gunslinger dip. He'll gain an extra Discipline for being a level higher and can dump wisdom at that point for higher con.

Then it's no homebrew or third party, just Unearthed Arcana, which is made by Wizards of the Coast so I'd call in unofficial-brew lol

(Correct me if I'm wrong)

Drache64
2017-12-13, 09:50 PM
Dead eye: resolve attack vs touch AC
Vs
Ethereal Weapon (1 psi). Target makes Dex save instead of you rolling attack. Half damage on successful save.

Gunslingers Dodge: +4 AC and move 5 feet to avoid attack
Vs
Defensive step: 4 AC and teleport 10 feet to avoid attack

Parting shot: take a free shot after disengage
Vs
Surge of speed: don't provoke attack of opportunity as a bonus action, so now you can move full distance and attack as your action

Telwar
2017-12-13, 10:23 PM
I would stick with the Mystic, personally, not having even heard of any 5e gunslinger stuff.