PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Persist Cleric trying to maximize turns Question

flippedjr
2017-12-13, 08:04 PM
Ok I am trying to maximize my persistence ability. I am trying to see if this build works...
8 LVL Cleric:Rebuke Dragon
1 LVL Sacred Exorcist: Turn Undead
1 LVL Dealth Deliver: Rebuke Undead
Now starting off with the cleric I would get 3+ Charisma for Rebuke Dragon (7) as pool One and as Dealth Delver 3 +Charisma for Rebuke Undead (7)
now reading the description of Sacred Exorcist is gives Turn Undead as a cleric...now does this mean at LVL1..like 3 +charisma?

Anthrowhale
2017-12-13, 09:21 PM
I believe the answer is 'yes', but losing a level of spell access doesn't seem worth it.

heavyfuel
2017-12-13, 11:00 PM
"Rebuke Dragon" and similar abilities don't work.

the force that powers a divine feat is the ability to channel positive or negative energy to turn or rebuke undead. Each use of a divine feat costs a character a minimum of one turn or rebuke attempt from her number of attempts each day.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2017-12-13, 11:03 PM
"Rebuke Dragon" and similar abilities don't work.

Rebuke Dragons says otherwise:

An attempt to rebuke dragons counts as an attempt to turn
or rebuke undead for the purpose of qualifying for or activating
divine feats, or for using other abilities that require you
to expend a use of your turn or rebuke ability.

heavyfuel
2017-12-14, 06:32 AM
Rebuke Dragons says otherwise:

Huh, I stand corrected then

flippedjr
2017-12-14, 10:40 AM
Follow up question: so if i took rebuke dragon as cleric and then as sacrade exorcist I get turn undead as a cleric...does this qualify for the Starting pool of 3+ charisma bonus?

Anthrowhale
2017-12-14, 08:29 PM
Follow up question: so if i took rebuke dragon as cleric and then as sacrade exorcist I get turn undead as a cleric...does this qualify for the Starting pool of 3+ charisma bonus?

Rebuke Dragons ACF Cleric taking Sacred Exorcist has two pools each of size 3+charisma bonus which can power DMM[Persist].

Rijan_Sai
2017-12-15, 01:14 PM
Rebuke Dragons ACF Cleric taking Sacred Exorcist has two pools each of size 3+charisma bonus which can power DMM[Persist].

Yep! And like the OP said, you can take Death Delver to get Rebuke Undead, as another separate pool! (Also, all three would each be affected by any Extra Turning feats you have, so that could add up quickly!)

Arael666
2017-12-15, 01:23 PM
Yep! And like the OP said, you can take Death Delver to get Rebuke Undead, as another separate pool! (Also, all three would each be affected by any Extra Turning feats you have, so that could add up quickly!)

also, if your dm rules the nightstick does not stack and just gives you the extra turning feat, it would also give you +4 for each separate pool of turning

Rijan_Sai
2017-12-15, 01:40 PM
also, if your dm rules the nightstick does not stack and just gives you the extra turning feat, it would also give you +4 for each separate pool of turning

That's true, but only for the Turn/Rebuke Undead; they would not affect Rebuke Dragons, unfortunately...

Hecuba
2017-12-15, 03:09 PM

Even if they don't, you can probably swing a nightstick + a reliquary holy symbol.