PDA

View Full Version : Rogue/Ranger what level next?

Lughaidh
2017-12-13, 09:02 PM
I’ve been playing a Rogue Inqusitive and I’m almost at level 5. He’s a ranged attacker using crossbows and has the crossbow expert feat. Because of reasons and the fact the campaign deals mostly with vampires and fiends... I’ve been thinking about multiclassing into Ranger (Monster Slayer).

My question is this: Should I start Ranger right away next level and maybe mix Rogue levels in or should I wait until after I have 7 levels of Rogue in first before going Ranger?

Lughaidh
2017-12-16, 11:46 AM
From guides I’ve read seven levels of Rogue is where you want to stop if you multiclass. You still get most of the decent abilities and you stop at an echelon of sneak attack. Just wondering whats the best way to blend with Ranger (revised).

Khrysaes
2017-12-16, 12:17 PM
From guides I’ve read seven levels of Rogue is where you want to stop if you multiclass. You still get most of the decent abilities and you stop at an echelon of sneak attack. Just wondering whats the best way to blend with Ranger (revised).

I agree with 7, 9, or 11. depending on what rogue abilities you want (Evasion, archetype, reliable talent).

At any of these points you could take a single level whenever you want to get an ASI.