PDA

View Full Version : Let's create our favorite super heroes

Throne12
2017-12-14, 09:44 AM
One of my favorite tv show to date is agents of s.h.i.e.l.d. my favorite character is Daisy Johnson aka Quake. She's has the power to control Vibrations. She is also well Adept in martial arts and spy craft. Is is also a good leader and Charismatic. Soo.

Daisy Johnson or Quake
Half elf
Class: 2lv monk, 2lv warlock, 16 storm sorcerer
Background: faction agent from scag
Str:8
Dex:15+1=16
Con:13
Wis:12+1=13
Int:10
Cha:14+2=16

The 2 levels in monk for martial arts and some Ki points.
The 2 levels in warlock just for Eldritch blast with the invocations to add cha to damage and pushing back.
Then the 16 levels in storm sorcerer because of spells like earthquake, earth tremor, shatter, thunderwave and shield.

So what are some of your favorite superheroes made into d&d characters. Also do you have a better build for Marvel's hero Quake?

Throne12
2017-12-14, 10:00 AM
Let's create are favorite super hero's

Let's learn basic words: (Were you using voice to text?):smallbiggrin:
Our is the possessive pronoun you were looking for. Are is a conjugation of the verb to be indicating a state of being.

Examples:
We live in our house.
We are happy to see you.

Also, the plural of hero is heroes. Hero's would point to something possessed by a hero.
Example:
The hero's armor was covered with the demon's ichor at the end of the battle.

Here ends the grammar lesson.

We now return you to the topic of the thread, which is creating our favorite super heroes.

Thanks for the catch. I try to type as fast as I think but that creates problems. Add in auto Correcting in guessing program in smartphones. You get Weird mess up.

The_Jette
2017-12-14, 10:34 AM
Conversation topics like this tend to devolve into "...but a level 20 Wizard could kill <superhero>, so they can't be nearly as powerful as your build indicates." You may want to reconsider this thread.

the_brazenburn
2017-12-14, 10:40 AM
Conversation topics like this tend to devolve into "...but a level 20 Wizard could kill <superhero>, so they can't be nearly as powerful as your build indicates." You may want to reconsider this thread.

Ignore Jette, he's sore because everybody saw through his troll post on "the unbeatable villain".

On the topic of statting superheroes, Zonugal had a great thread on the topic about a month ago. Start there.

KorvinStarmast
2017-12-14, 10:55 AM
Thanks for the catch. I try to type as fast as I think but that creates problems. Add in auto Correcting in guessing program in smartphones. You get Weird mess up. Yeah, auto correct is a weird thing. I learned that I have to proof read it or my wife replies to my texts, sometimes, with "uh, what?"

The_Jette
2017-12-14, 11:24 AM
Ignore Jette, he's sore because everybody saw through his troll post on "the unbeatable villain".

Are you talking about the thread where he was posted, or something else? Because I didn't create him, and pointed out a lot of flaws in the build. After that, I've made a few jokes about it when someone mentions something similar. And, that's about it.

Caelic
2017-12-14, 04:23 PM
Nightcrawler's pretty easy:

Tiefling Shadow Monk 6/Swashbuckler Rogue 14

JackPhoenix
2017-12-14, 04:54 PM
Batman is easy too: Rogue (thief) (for BA use object)/monk (I'm gonna say shadow, for unarmed strike and the tendency to disappear or appear from nowhere. But open hand works too). Ton of magic items. Regardless of what some people say, batman is *not* a wizard.

GlenSmash!
2017-12-14, 05:16 PM
Batman is easy too: Rogue (thief) (for BA use object)/monk (I'm gonna say shadow, for unarmed strike and the tendency to disappear or appear from nowhere. But open hand works too). Ton of magic items. Regardless of what some people say, batman is *not* a wizard.

I always thought the "Batman Wizard" was just a Wizard that was good at everything, like Batman is good at everything, not an attempt to recreate the DC comics character with a Robe wearing Spellslinger.

Anyway, I like your Batman idea. It can punch, throw batarangs, pick locks, use gadgets, and disappear into the night.

How about a Protector Aasimar Zealot for Wonder Woman?

MxKit
2017-12-14, 06:29 PM
My favorite superhero has to be Pieter Cross, aka Doctor Mid-Nite. He's a doctor first and foremost, even as a superhero; he's blind but can see in darkness, and has special glasses & goggles that allow him to see in the light as well (as if using Darkvision to see in the light, in game terms). He's charismatic and kind, a mentor but not usually acting as a leader, helps people when he can, avoids hurting them when he can. He has a pet owl that he can sometimes "see through" (in the form of a camera around its neck that it broadcasts directly to a display in his goggles). He also uses "blackout bombs" that release pitch-black gas to blind his enemies while allowing himself vision.

So I think the build would be...

Pieter Cross, aka Doctor Mid-Nite
Drow (Dark Elf)
Alignment: Either Neutral Good or Chaotic Good, given the "back-alley free clinic after getting his medical license revoked" thing and the "saving gangster kids' lives and offering them jobs" thing (and, honestly, the "vigilante" thing). Then again, he is happy to see his enemies go to jail and definitely wants to trust that system to some degree, even if not completely...
Background: Probably reworking the Hermit background into some sort of Doctor background. Replacing Discovery with something like Guild Membership, maybe, only to a group of healers, and seeing if I can switch Religion out for Insight or Persuasion.
Class: Lv8 Warlock, Lv8 Paladin, Lv4 Fighter

STR: 10 [8+2]
DEX: 16 [14+2]
CON: 12 [10+2]
INT: 14 [12+2]
WIS: 14 [13+1]
CHA: 16 [15+1]

Specifically, Pieter would be a Pact of the Chain Warlock with the Undying Patron and an owl familiar; either an Oath of Devotion Paladin or an Oath of Redemption Paladin; and a Battle Master Fighter.

The 8 levels of Chain Undying Warlock to get the owl familiar (Charlie!), the spare the dying cantrip and the Defy Death benefits for it, two ASIs, and some invocations to play with (particularly the ability to play with the Devil's Sight/darkness spell combo).
The 8 levels of Paladin to get Lay on Hands, two ASIs, Aura of Protection, the sanctuary spell, and either Aura of Devotion or Aura of the Guardian depending on the Oath chosen.
The 4 levels of Fighter are to get Battle Master maneuvers and a final ASI.

Two feats taken: War Caster and Resilient (Wis). That frees him up to grab a shield and take the Protection fighting style, as well as Defense.

Four invocations taken: Devil's Sight, Voice of the Chain Master, and both Repelling Blast and Grasp of Hadar for battlefield control.

Three maneuvers taken: Disarming Attack, Rally, Trip Attack.

Strictly speaking, he could also be Lv9 Warlock and Lv3 Fighter, leaving either Int or Str lower and taking Lance of Lethargy for more battlefield control. Since Pieter wouldn't be trying to hit super hard himself with this build, it might make sense to go this route and dump Strength. That said, he does occasionally try to grapple an enemy, so it wouldn't be bad to have that option, even if Str 10 wouldn't make it much of an option.

I'd also probably ask the DM to work with me to fluff the character some. Say he's blind but has a minor magic item, his glasses, that allow him to see in the light; his Devil's Sight nixes his blindness in the dark. He still has Sunlight Sensitivity in the light, but doesn't count as Blinded unless his glasses are somehow taken out of the equation.