PDA

View Full Version : Magic item creation + use magic device question

Crow_Nightfeath
2017-12-14, 10:04 AM
So a while back I was sure I had seen somewhere that you could speed up magic item creation by increasing the use magic device check, but I cannot find it anywhere.

Boggartbae
2017-12-14, 09:06 PM
I don't think that you can do this in 3.5, but From the Pathfinder SRD:
"This process can be accelerated to 4 hours of work per 1,000 gp in the item's base price (or fraction thereof) by increasing the DC to create the item by +5."

Here's some advice you didn't ask for: This is a guide (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?527645-Creating-the-Ultimate-Crafter-in-Pathfinder-A-Guide) to speeding up magic item creation in Pathfinder.

If you're stuck in 3.5, then there are the artisan feats from Eberron that make crafting better.

EDIT: I may be wrong about this, but isn't it normally a spellcraft check to make a magic item?

Menzath
2017-12-14, 09:28 PM
EDIT: I may be wrong about this, but isn't it normally a spellcraft check to make a magic item?

Not sure about Pathfinder but magic item crafting in 3.5 normally doesn't require checks. That is of course unless you are an artificer or warlock, then it is a UMD check.

Boggartbae
2017-12-14, 10:29 PM
Not sure about Pathfinder but magic item crafting in 3.5 normally doesn't require checks. That is of course unless you are an artificer or warlock, then it is a UMD check.

But isn't that the whole reason people didn't like exceptional artisan (25% faster crafting), because you have to make a check every day, and if you have fewer days than you have fewer chances to succeed?

Is it only artificers that need to make UMD checks every day?