PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Magic Item creation (artefact)

Jaxxen
2017-12-14, 10:56 AM
So need a little help creating a magic item my DM has tasked me to make for my character. Background is its a War Spear (reskinned long sword so 1d8 weapon piercing instead of slashing) and is currently in the possession of a poacher. It was his mercenary captains spear lost when the unit was wiped out after being left to die by the noble house that had hired them to kill off an orc horde. The captain that owned the spear was a paladin and it was gifted to him originally by an elven faction after his adventuring party slew a marauding green dragon.

The DM wanted it to be a weapon that unlocks power as we grow as characters (currently level 6) My character is currently a level 6 battle master going into paladin of the crown at level 7 since we are currently working for a king against a maralith. So I was thinking of slowly turning it into a holy avenger weapon with maybe some kind of flavor to the ghosts of the mercenary unit like in the horn of vallhalla weapon except like maybe 1 time per long rest allowing the party to mitigate 1 hit as like the spirits would take the hit and dissipate.

Character
Level 6 V. Human
18 str
10 dex
14 con
10 int
10 wis
14 cha
Feats: Sentinel Shield master
Fighting style: duelist
Manuevers: Rally Riposte Disarm

Anyhow any help would be greatly appreciated and a little overpowered is OK even by the GM since we frequently fight things far above us ie 2 behirs when we were level 5.

Afrodactyl
2017-12-14, 04:18 PM
How about;

Levels 1-6: +1 magic weapon
Levels 7-13: cast mirror image a number of times per long rest equal to charisma mod to a minimum of one (spectral knights throwing off attacks towards the user)
Levels 14+: cast spirit guardians a number of times per long rest equal to charisma mod to a minimum of one (spectral knights defending the user)

:Edit:
Because short rest resources can be silly.