PDA

View Full Version : Custom Barding for Steed ideas

Vaz
2017-12-14, 02:24 PM
My DM has allowed me to commision some Magic Mithril Halfplate for a my mount, through Find Steed. What sort of ideas do you have for creating a suit of Very Rare equivalent armour?

I have considered 1 long rest Warding Bond between mount and rider. What else please?

iTreeby
2017-12-14, 02:47 PM
Mail of spell storing is what I'd push for.

Unoriginal
2017-12-14, 02:49 PM
My DM has allowed me to commision some Magic Mithril Halfplate for a my mount, through Find Steed. What sort of ideas do you have for creating a suit of Very Rare equivalent armour?

I have considered 1 long rest Warding Bond between mount and rider. What else please?

Something made out of Flail Snail's shell could be great.

Vaz
2017-12-15, 02:59 AM
The Spellstoring is a really neat idea. We have an Eldritch Knight, Evoker Wizard, Lore Bard, and a Conquest Pal 5/Hexblade 13.

I have Crown of Stars, and share it with the mount. The DM has approved me using my Prof for the mounts, and has a approved a 'Cloak of Charisma' to give it 19 Cha, so it has recalced the DC's and bonuses.

The Flail Snail Shell seems awesome, but we've not encountered one, and I think the DM would go with an antimagic shell not being particularly emnable to further magical enhancement. Plus I have already commissioned the Mithril Armour for it (using Mithril we looted from a Mithril Rock Golem) : i may be able to squeeze some exotic skin or leather for it, was originally just going to be a snow leopard pelt, but an enchanted water proof lining of some exotica would be pretty fitting.

Unoriginal
2017-12-15, 04:24 AM
Well the Flail Snail entry mentions how the Shell can be used for magic shields, once the natural magic fade away, but fair enough.

Also, a Mithril Rock Domain sounds awesome. Was it guarding a Mithril mine or something?

Zanthy1
2017-12-15, 07:37 AM
Spellstoring would be fantastic, maybe something that can allow for concentration free flying? (that is, if you're mount isn't already winged)

Unoriginal
2017-12-15, 09:11 AM
There are horseshoes that make the mount fly.

PopeLinus1
2017-12-15, 09:15 AM
Not exactly barding, but what if you made saddle bags out of a robe of useful items?