PDA

View Full Version : Best place to go with my Satyr, Weird ideas welcome [3.PF, no restrictions]

Sheogoroth
2017-12-14, 04:30 PM
I've recently been playing a Fey racial class from Dreamscarred Press, a class that is 8 levels long with bard spell progression, a lot of charisma(32-ish) and some neat AOE SLAs from flute playing(mass charm, fear, suggestion, etc.) but that level 8 is coming fast in my current game and I'm looking for the next step.

So I see sort of 3 ways I could go with it
1. Spell progression - just keep plugging along in the bard spell progresssion, most boring and least interesting.
2. Something to boost the DC of his existing flute effects, either through SLA DC buffs or increases to Charisma
3. Something Weird. I was thinking Thrall of Demogorgon from BOVD since the abilities scale off of charisma but I'm open to suggestions, the weirder the better, to make use of that obscenely high Cha

Ideally I'd find something that boasted all three, but I'm open to suggestions, thanks!

Vizzerdrix
2017-12-14, 04:47 PM
32 cha is huge. What about battledancer 1 for cha to ac, and pally of freedom 2 for cha to saves?

EldritchWeaver
2017-12-15, 07:22 AM
Considering the current build, I would stay with casting. I'm not sure if the actual bard class stacks with satyr racial casting, but if it does, I would go for it (simplest option after all). Or maybe use some prestige class? Huge Charisma makes me go for casting in general, but not having your racial class stacking makes for a sucky second fiddle, if you take a full-caster class at this point.

The fact you allow 3PP makes me think of another option. Switch your racial spellcasting to Spheres of Power. As I haven't seen the satyr class, I can't say which route would be better, but one would be to simply replace the bardic spellcasting with the SoP conversion (http://spheresofpower.wikidot.com/sphere-bard), which would be a Mid-Caster, and keep the SLAs. Or turn him into a Full-Caster with using e.g. Mind talents instead of SLAs. Then since spellcasting stacks similarly to BAB, you can simply take any spellcasting class you like. But going with the theme of mind controlling, I would recommend instead the Eliciter (http://spheresofpower.wikidot.com/eliciter) class.