PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Lightfoot Halfling's Naturally Stealthy

lall
2017-12-14, 08:38 PM

PopeLinus1
2017-12-15, 09:41 AM
Well if those 5 foot meatsheilds ever become 5 foot pincushions, than its definitely not your fault if the TPKers miss a spot.

Dalebert
2017-12-15, 11:11 AM
I was in a game with a lightfoot assassin who used it all the time. Then the creature would move. That's the thing. Creature's tend to move. If you do it, at least pick someone who doesn't particularly need to move like the wizard or ranged fighter as opposed to the tank or the moon druid.

mephnick
2017-12-15, 11:15 AM
Let's be honest, it's a racial ability to encourage halfling rogues. Outside of vary rare uses in narrative scenes "I duck behind a dude to avoid the guards walking through the market", it's basically just there to give halfling rogues another way to hide in combat.

lunaticfringe
2017-12-15, 11:50 AM
I was in a game with a lightfoot assassin who used it all the time. Then the creature would move. That's the thing. Creature's tend to move. If you do it, at least pick someone who doesn't particularly need to move like the wizard or ranged fighter as opposed to the tank or the moon druid.

Yup. I used most often when I brought out my archery options. I usually ducked behind our Sorceress or Light Cleric when it appeared they weren't going to need to reposition.

My favorite all time use was shadowing the Paladin as she marched to meet a guy in single combat (I Nat 20ed my hide check). I flew out from between her legs and Assassinated that fool while they were blathering on about honor. It was great.