PDA

View Full Version : Unique Idea for all those people asking what class they should be to fill out a party

hellgrammite
2017-12-14, 10:40 PM
These are for the guys (and gals) that join a game and find themselves with a Paladin, barbarian, wizard and a Druid...ect. Plenty of sword and magic.

If the game though is believed to have even a moderate amount of roleplaying and interaction with NPCs, may I suggest a creative option.

Go 180degrees, and go for Glamour Bard (XGTE).

Don't worry about playing an instrument, as we always think with Bards. Instead interpret the character as somebody who has a cult of personality. You walk into a room and start speaking. Nobody seems to notice your words. After a few seconds, the room begins to quiet down, and everyone is locked on your gaze. The largest orcs approach you, and you ask them to drop their weapons. They look at each other, and suddenly think its a good idea. Then you command them to flee. They run away. You pick up the weapons and exchange them for free beverages, which the bartender easily was convinced to accept.

At higher levels, the drow would jump out of the darkness to attack you, and then hesitate as they look upon you...attacking your meatshield feet away.

Its a character that can be a face, but also a really fun way to avoid or creatively manipulate conflicts.

Zanthy1
2017-12-15, 08:51 AM
I'll be honest, I do not fully understand the purpose of this post. It sounds like you just like the idea of Glamour Bard, but then you said something about filling out a party?

Aett_Thorn
2017-12-15, 08:56 AM
Isn't the default answer for those types of threads usually "play a Bard"? How is "play a Glamour Bard" unique?

PopeLinus1
2017-12-15, 09:08 AM
well... I don’t r3ally know why you posted this but...

That sounds awesome! I am a massive bard fan, and that’s sounds like a great playstyle! I have no idea what this posts purpose is but Bards! Bards are awesome!

*In smaller voice* Bards are awesome.