PDA

View Full Version : The final climax (?)

rgoodfellow
2007-08-21, 10:57 AM
This spoiler contains information about the climax of the story line as well as info from the book "on the origin of PC's". Careful about reading it.

Based on what the oracle said last to Greenhilt, the next gate Xykon is going to is Girard's gate. However, he will probably fail at this gate as well, which means the final gate is Kraagor's gate. Now Kraagor's gate is located deep in the northern region. Who else is from the northern region? Durkon. Why was Durkon sent away from his homeland? Because upon his return he would bring about the end of his people. Thus, I suppose that Durkon will be killed before this story ends and his body will be sent/taken back to his homeland, where Xykon will also be going for Kraagor's gate (another dwarf) and thus cause the end of Durkon's people. The final showdown.

Other thoughts?

LM TR
2007-08-21, 12:29 PM
according to the tempo of updates and Richīs condition we might never see the actual end :smalleek: :smallfrown:

GSFB
2007-08-21, 01:30 PM
I think the final climax will be a forced conversion from 3.5 to 4.0, in which Belkar's daggers become pairing knives.

As for the final gate: that is where we will see MitD revealed, as his purpose will be to wipe out a civilization without destroying the gate ("Gate? What gate?").

MitD = Instant Tarrasque: just add plot. Makes perfect sense.

yoshi927
2007-08-21, 01:43 PM
Actually, it's sort of off-topic, but it'd be funny to see the MiTD actually KO the tarrasque at Kraagor's gate. :smallbiggrin:

the300
2007-08-21, 01:45 PM
according to the tempo of updates and Richīs condition we might never see the actual end :smalleek: :smallfrown:

yea, i'm giving him a month or so to live, poor guy

LM TR
2007-08-21, 05:32 PM
yea, i'm giving him a month or so to live, poor guy

you serious?

Chronos
2007-08-21, 06:48 PM
yea, i'm giving him a month or so to live, poor guyUnless you're one of Rich's doctors, all we know about what he has is what he's told us, and one of the few things he's told us is that it's nonfatal. He might get hit by a bus or something in the next month, but then again, so might any of us.

Back to the OP, I've seen that speculation before, around here. It's about as good a guess as any, but there's really not enough evidence yet to say. Though I do like the idea of the Tarrasque being one of the monsters Serini stocked the tomb with; I don't think I'd seen that before.

Yoritomo Himeko
2007-08-21, 07:09 PM
Unless you're one of Rich's doctors, all we know about what he has is what he's told us, and one of the few things he's told us is that it's nonfatal. He might get hit by a bus or something in the next month, but then again, so might any of us.

While Rich isn't going to die from whatever he has, there is the very real possibility that it could make him end it early. We were still supposed to get three comics a week, but now we are down to one.

Back to the OP, I've seen that speculation before, around here. It's about as good a guess as any, but there's really not enough evidence yet to say. Though I do like the idea of the Tarrasque being one of the monsters Serini stocked the tomb with; I don't think I'd seen that before.

And I'm pretty positive that the final gate will be Kraggor's gate.

Unless Rich decides to swerve us all and save Girrards's gate for last.

SteveMB
2007-08-21, 07:21 PM
And I'm pretty positive that the final gate will be Kraggor's gate.

Unless Rich decides to swerve us all and save Girrards's gate for last.

Hmmm...

Perhaps the 1000-foot thing will posthumously bite Roy in the butt, and Xykon will pass by Girard's gate but actually go after Kraagor's gate first.

the300
2007-08-21, 07:32 PM
Hmmm...

Perhaps the 1000-foot thing will posthumously bite Roy in the butt, and Xykon will pass by Girard's gate but actually go after Kraagor's gate first.

yea, isn't giard gate the hidden one he could pass by it and not even see it :-)

kabbor
2007-08-21, 07:41 PM
Unless you're one of Rich's doctors, all we know about what he has is what he's told us, and one of the few things he's told us is that it's nonfatal.

If I have made my knowledge(Gross human ailments) check, things are unlikely to get any worse, but it is going to remain a thorn in his (under)side for the forseeable future.
(My father has a problem with similar symptoms to those that Rich described.)

Yoritomo Himeko
2007-08-21, 07:48 PM
If I have made my knowledge(Gross human ailments) check, things are unlikely to get any worse, but it is going to remain a thorn in his (under)side for the forseeable future.
(My father has a problem with similar symptoms to those that Rich described.)

according to the tempo of updates and Richīs condition we might never see the actual end

Rich is very sick. Nobody knows what he has because he doesn't want to talk about it. All we know is that it isn't fatal. :smallfrown:

Just consider the comic a weekly one for now. It will be at least a couple of weeks before things get back to normal.

LM TR
2007-08-22, 05:25 AM
think about why he doesnīt want to reveal the truth about his illness
must be something disgusting or humiliating or something...

stoffe
2007-08-22, 05:38 AM
think about why he doesnīt want to reveal the truth about his illness
must be something disgusting or humiliating or something...

Because it's none of our business? He's entitled to privacy as much as anyone else. He not a public person whose ever step has to be broadcasted across the world as front page news. :smallsmile:

I doubt speculating about it and spreading rumors will do any good.

LM TR
2007-08-22, 05:40 AM
yeah and itīs none of our business... because of what I said

Spiryt
2007-08-22, 06:05 AM
yeah and itīs none of our business... because of what I said

Nope. Beacuse it's not.Your.bussiness.
It's simple and sufficent explanation. Strange that you are taking it that way.

If so, please reveal us your height, weight, photo, orientation and your personal health issues.

If you wouldn't do that, would it mean that those details are disgusting/humilating? Nope. Those are your private details.

Rich illness is also his private thing.

So let's drop it already.

Apollo1564
2007-08-22, 06:26 AM
As much as it pains me to think it, I'm thinking Durkon may die and be animated by Reddy or one of the other goblin clerics. And will be in the march in the dwarven lands toward's Kraagor's Tomb (it's technically Serini's gate, she just dedicated it to him).

the300
2007-08-22, 12:46 PM
you serious?

hes -9 and bleeding

tanis
2007-08-23, 03:37 AM
Rich is very sick. Nobody knows what he has because he doesn't want to talk about it. All we know is that it isn't fatal. :smallfrown:

I just hope he gets better any soon, whatever illness he has. Glad to hear it's not fatal, but even not-fatal illness can mean really pain, so I feel sorry for him. Such a clever and funny and deep person (at least this is what transpires from his art) doesn't deserve to suffer.