PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Magus List & Spell Compendium

Palanan
2017-12-15, 06:19 PM
Are there any spells in the 3.5 Spell Compendium which would be good additions to the magus spell list?

One of my players is running a magus, and I’d like for him to find a spell or two which he wouldn’t be expecting. The magus is second level right now. Are there any low-level spells in the SC which would be appropriate for a magus?

Kurald Galain
2017-12-16, 02:40 AM
Check the Magus guide (www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?423754-Myrrh-Frankincense-and-Steel-Kurald-Galain-s-Guide-to-the-Magus). The Magus's spell list is much broader than many people think.

Palanan
2017-12-16, 09:31 AM
Thanks, but I’m asking specifically about spells from the Spell Compendium which could be included in the magus list.

I assume some of the entries in the SC have been replicated into Pathfinder in one form or another, so I’m asking about any others that didn’t make the transition, but which would be valid additions to the magus list.

Powerdork
2017-12-16, 10:17 AM
Amanuensis is always nice. Orbs of energy and lesser orbs, usually appreciated. Earthbind. Ghost touch armor. Heroics. Amorphous form. Those are the ones I'd grab. Mass snake's swiftness, at a certain point.

Elder_Basilisk
2017-12-16, 12:01 PM
Whirling blade and thunderlance seem like good candidates