PDA

View Full Version : Character Creation Help

Galgano
2017-12-15, 07:29 PM
Hi guys. I'm in need of some help creating a character. The DM's ruling on what can be used is anything that Wizards has released/put out (so Unearthed Arcana is allowed to be used). I'm looking to create a ninja type character and was wondering if y'all could help me with that. Specifically, I'm looking for weapons. Are there any ninja weapons that wizards released?

Chugger
2017-12-15, 07:38 PM
You can equate almost all DnD weapons to many of the traditional list of ninja weapons - a throwing star could be a dart - a katana could be a long sword - a numchuk could be a flail - and so on.

It's color not substance, so knock yourself out!

You can be Shadow Monk and be very ninja-like. That's what I'd think about. I bet others have better ideas, though. Maybe someone has links to older threads on this topic.

Asmotherion
2017-12-15, 08:04 PM
Hi guys. I'm in need of some help creating a character. The DM's ruling on what can be used is anything that Wizards has released/put out (so Unearthed Arcana is allowed to be used). I'm looking to create a ninja type character and was wondering if y'all could help me with that. Specifically, I'm looking for weapons. Are there any ninja weapons that wizards released?

Well, the closest thing you got is a re-skinned Scimitar or Rapier as a Katana/Ninjato (altered visual).

Now, what you can really work with is Ninja abilities;

-The most vanilla ninja is the Shadow Monk.
-If you want something that focuses on weapon use, you may enjoy a lot the Way of the Kensei; it seems flavorful for your Character.
-If you're thinking something more Naruto-like, Way of the Elements might be just what you need. You may also want to multiclass a bit into a caster-class, depending on which concept you're working on.

If you wish to elaborate a bit on the character concept-idea, I might be able to give you more information, and perhaps a proposed build, for you to adjust to your likeing.