PDA

View Full Version : Dwarven Court

Josato
2017-12-16, 11:33 AM
Is there amy information on how dwarven court is conducted?

Heres my situation. My character is a dwarven Woman Noble that went into the dwarven mines to find the necromancer and kill him. What we learned was the necromancer was a ghost that tried posessing people. Whem we found a human who we persumed to be the necromancer. We killed him. Aftwards i got possessed. Influenced me to go outside followed by the dragon who was disguised as a dwarf and a party member named Mar who was a flying bird man who met with the dragon and led him to our party.
After i got outside the dragon revealed himself and Mar aimed his bow at me, Koragar (Dragon) told me to stay where i was ( after making a save to realize im possesed and was gaining back control.) I begged the dragon for my life but Koragar said the easiest way would be to burn me to death. But with my successful charisma check, Koragar asked Mar from 1 to 10 how important is this person to you. Mar replied "3" with that response the Dragon breathed fire upon me as i took the damage i was left to an inch of my life. The spirit was still in me and breathed again, that time i rolled a critical success the spirit left me but was caught in the fire. Mar used means to heal me. Later that day when the dragon returned to its home. I decided to seize my moment and provoke him into pulling his weapon on me (for the 3rd time in this adventure) thus having the guards sieze him and imprison him until the court date.
Another question. How should i go about my case? I am the charismatic one of the party and this is a court within a dwarven city.

Bohandas
2017-12-17, 11:23 PM
What campaign setting?

Josato
2017-12-17, 11:41 PM
What campaign setting?

Legends of Shaintar
Savage worlds system.

Adeon Hawkwood
2017-12-19, 03:21 PM
So I'm not familiar with the specific setting but given that Dwarves are generally portrayed as lawful with a strong respect for tradition and ancestors I would expect their legal system to be based on Common Law. In a Common Law system judicial precedent is paramount, so if two cases are substantially the same then they must have the same verdict. This means that a lot of the time proving the case is really a question of proving similarity to a previous case.

Given that the logical preparation would be to review the city archives for a previous case that could be cited as binding precedent.

Josato
2017-12-21, 02:44 PM
So I'm not familiar with the specific setting but given that Dwarves are generally portrayed as lawful with a strong respect for tradition and ancestors I would expect their legal system to be based on Common Law. In a Common Law system judicial precedent is paramount, so if two cases are substantially the same then they must have the same verdict. This means that a lot of the time proving the case is really a question of proving similarity to a previous case.

Given that the logical preparation would be to review the city archives for a previous case that could be cited as binding precedent.

That makes the most sense to me. Thank you for the great info!