PDA

View Full Version : Storing weapons

MaxMAnAtArms
2017-12-16, 05:37 PM
I know there is the Glove of Storing to hide a weapon. I was wondering if anyone recalls or can inform me of other items that did it similarly. I remember reading something about a cloak that was made from a blink dog that allowed you to stash multiple items including weapons as it ignores sharp point tips and ends.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

~MaxManAtArms

tstewt1921
2017-12-16, 06:00 PM
The only one I know of is the cloak of Weaponry which stores 1 medium weapons for 2k on pg. 89 of the MIC.

Inevitability
2017-12-16, 06:11 PM
Glove of the Master Strategist is basically Glove of Storing but better, if I remember correctly.

MaxMAnAtArms
2017-12-16, 06:18 PM
I know there is a charm bracelet that lets you store items that are less then 3 pounds what was nicknamed assassins bracelet due to dagger and such.

So we have a glove of storing/Bracelet thing/ cloak of weaponry/ and a kimono from the Oriental book which is like 2 storing gloves.

Mhh..

Bronk
2017-12-16, 06:19 PM
There's the Ring of Arming from the MIC that swaps a full set of armor and weapons (or whatever you happen to be wearing and using at the time) with another set (5000g).

Crake
2017-12-17, 05:16 AM
There's the Ring of Arming from the MIC that swaps a full set of armor and weapons (or whatever you happen to be wearing and using at the time) with another set (5000g).

my favourite thing to do is stack multiple ring of arming effects onto one ring, allowing one ring to store a whole armory worth of different weapons and armors.

Celestia
2017-12-17, 06:16 AM
I can now fulfil my life goal of being a magical girl.

MaxiDuRaritry
2017-12-18, 12:21 AM
The MIC has rules for combining item effects for a +50% surcharge for all but the most expensive effects on an item (along with extra costs incurred for turning an item from slotted to slotless), so one thing you could do is combine a glove of the master strategist (or glove of storing), a possum pouch, and a Heward's handy haversack. The gloves are of a set with the pouch, which has the abilities of the haversack. Anything of 20 lbs or below that you hold in your hand can be shrunk and stored in your pouch's extradimensional space, which you can then bring back to hand as a free action. Or you could just reach into your pouch as a move action to put in or pull out what you want if it's bigger than 20 lbs (though you can't shrink it if you do it that way). If you further combine your pouch with an enveloping pit, suddenly the extradimensional space in your pouch becomes a 50' x 10' x 10' hexahedron, vastly increasing potential storage space.

[edit] Even better, add the possum pouch and glove combo's functionality to a humanoid skin illithid graft and have them be part of your own actual body. Snap your fingers and BAMF! Instant longsword (or club, or crossbow, or harpoon, or whatever).