PDA

View Full Version : level 20 one shot wrighters block

Jgosse
2017-12-16, 10:06 PM
My Dm died a few months ago and tomorrow would have been his birthday. So the best way I could think to spend his birthday was to run a game with our old group.

I am being generous with rolling rules and magic items.

so I am running a level 20 one shot I have about 4 hours of playtime . the story hook is a powerful king has asked the players to collect the ingredients to cure his son of a curse. (remove curse dose not seem to work) the ingredients are Vampire ash, the Acid of an ancient black dragon, and the tears of a Solar. The kings magus has gathered information where each may be found and prepared a rune carved cube that will teleport them to where each ingredient may be found.

Am I biting off more then I can chew with this?

lianightdemon
2017-12-16, 10:10 PM
Nah sounds like a fun game

Whats important is having a good time for you and your players. Awesome thing to do in memory of your DM.

Just work out each of the creatures lairs, and remember as level 20 chars they should handle the challenges fine. Hopefully 4 hours will be enough time.

Kane0
2017-12-17, 02:00 AM
I wager taking out the vampire and dragon will take an hour, getting an angel to cry will take three.
Or vice versa, depending on the players.

Falcon X
2017-12-17, 02:52 AM
My gaming group would not make it through 3 minor dungeons and a capstone in 4 hours.
Maybe if you do each in 1-2 rooms. Nothing exploratory. You warp to the entrance, go in, and deal with the threat.

If you are looking for ideas for each location, I’ve got a few.
Solar: The 3.5 adventure “Bastion of Broken Souls” has you travel to the plan of Pandemonium where a Solar is guarding the entrance to a dungeon where a demigod sleeps. The thing is, your players don’t have to go into that dungeon, they just have to take out the Solar.
Black Dragon: My favorite one is right in the middle of the Sword Coast. Check out Voaraghamanthar.
http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/wn/20040310a

Jgosse
2017-12-17, 08:17 AM
Thanks for the tip guys. I originally had trouble with the 3rd ingredient but came up with it as a I wrote the original post. That's why the headline doesn't match the post.