PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Invisibility + fight order

Thanos92
2017-12-17, 02:16 PM
Hi all!

The situation: some players decide to attack a group of goblins (surprising them). One of the players is invisible (before the fight) and decides to wait before doing something.

During the first round the invisible player decides to wait, doing nothing and staying invisible. During the second round he decides to attack.

The question: does he can attack whenever he wants, during that round, and then, for the third round, I'll make him roll initiative or should I make him roll initiative as all the others since the first round, and he wait/attack only when it's his turn?

Thanks a lot.

Crake
2017-12-17, 02:24 PM
Hi all!

The situation: some players decide to attack a group of goblins (surprising them). One of the players is invisible (before the fight) and decides to wait before doing something.

During the first round the invisible player decides to wait, doing nothing and staying invisible. During the second round he decides to attack.

The question: does he can attack whenever he wants, during that round, and then, for the third round, I'll make him roll initiative or should I make him roll initiative as all the others since the first round, and he wait/attack only when it's his turn?

Thanks a lot.

He rolls initiative during the surprise round, and can ready an attack, or simply delay. If his ready or delay doesn't trigger before his initiative comes up again, then he can just continue to delay until he wishes to act. Keep in mind, that if he's delaying, he cannot interrupt an enemy's turn, he has to act either before or after them. If he readies, he can interrupt a turn, but he must clearly define his trigger.