PDA

View Full Version : Stronghold Builder's Guide in 5E?

Graysire
2017-12-18, 02:57 PM
Recently my players have gotten a lot more interested in building a stronghold of some kind, could 3.0's Stronghold Builder's Guide be used for this keeping GP costs mostly the same?

Or does anyone know of any other custom stronghold builders that either are built for 5E or are easy to convert to it?

Biggstick
2017-12-18, 03:12 PM
While it's homebrew, it does take it's base content from the DMG in regards to building something.

http://walrock-homebrew.blogspot.com/

You're looking for specifically the Strongholds: Core Rules v0.4 on the right hand side of the page. It's a pretty amazing rule-set that's been adapted well to 5E.

One of the bits I like best about it is I now have something that can be a tangible goal for someone who wants to have something built, a Cleric who wants to build a church, a Bard who wants to run a college, a Wizard who wants a tower, etc. They can actually do something with the huge amounts of gold they're collecting by getting something built that has both the benefit of being a home-base and tangible mechanical benefits.

I'd also highly recommend their Traders and Merchants stuff as well, as it plays very nicely with the Strongholds content.

Unoriginal
2017-12-18, 06:33 PM
Recently my players have gotten a lot more interested in building a stronghold of some kind, could 3.0's Stronghold Builder's Guide be used for this keeping GP costs mostly the same?

Or does anyone know of any other custom stronghold builders that either are built for 5E or are easy to convert to it?

The 5e prices aren't the same as in 3.X.