PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed 3.5 Dragonwrought Kobold Sorcerer Question

Khalikryst
2017-12-18, 06:08 PM
So it says when you take Dragonwrought to choose a dragon on pg 103 of Dragon Magic to be your heritage, there's a list of spells for each dragon there as well. Being a sorcerer, does that mean you automatically gain those spells at level 1 Dragonwrought Kobold Sorcerer or are they automatically added once you hit the requisite level of spell casting? A friend was asking me this and I have no idea really so I figured I would ask the Giants and get a good answer.

Malimar
2017-12-18, 06:21 PM
Dragonwrought doesn't say you gain any spells, so you don't. The Spells Known in the list on page 103 is for other purposes (specifically the Draconic Legacy feat).

Fouredged Sword
2017-12-18, 09:50 PM
You are mostly just picking a color for your pretty scales. There is some interaction if you are something like a bard with dfa, but mostly just a color.

Darrin
2017-12-19, 02:09 PM
Dragonwrought doesn't say you gain any spells, so you don't. The Spells Known in the list on page 103 is for other purposes (specifically the Draconic Legacy feat).

You get those spells when you take the Draconic Legacy feat. However, since it requires four other draconic feats, you have to waste 70% of your feat slots just to get those three spells.

It just baffles me how the designers approach sorcerers:

Designer: "Here's some cool new options just for sorcerers!"

Player: "Uh... these are all feats. If I'm forced to take these, it actually makes my character worse at what he does. We don't get bonus feats like wizards, you know!"

Designer: "Oh... huh. We should have fixed that ages ago..."