PDA

View Full Version : Player Help New cleric player needing help 3.5.

Swomp Fox
2017-12-19, 01:11 AM
Hello!
So I'm trying to build a dwarf cleric and I'm not really.... ok so I'm basically clueless with casters. I have played a D&D a handful of times as some form of melee class and the party of players(the people not the characters) seem to pick classes that have the ability to do support functions/roles however they seem to use it to support only themselves or throw out minor heals or buffs but use the majority of their abilities/spells to increase their own damaging abilities and we have no true support for the party. example we have a druid but he is wild shaping, moving earth and bringing floods.

I plan to play as a more of a combat medic heal/buff/counter as needed and if something breaks through go into melee, but I'm kind of stuck on what I need and how to play the roll... I have found plenty of options and information but not a 'playing cleric for dummies' with kind of a here just follow this and adjust as needed, like a fighter is about what weapon and armor you want then how you fight with them and upgrade them for more or different damage or survivability.

(also the DM is pretty much ok with almost anything including homebrew but I mostly prefer stuff from the books)

Thanks for any help I get!

ATHATH
2017-12-19, 01:41 AM
Ahem: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?59-D-amp-D-3e-3-5e-d20

ATHATH
2017-12-19, 01:57 AM
This should help you, as most of the recommended spells are buff spells: http://minmaxforum.com/index.php?topic=1238.0

Unfortunately, that was the best spell-recommendation list in a handbook that I could find- normally, they have descriptions and ratings for dozens of spells, but I guess that handbook writer (and the other writers of Cleric handbooks) wanted to focus on other things.

Swomp Fox
2017-12-19, 01:12 PM
Thanks that does help a lot! I don't know why I can never find things like that:smallsigh:

LibraryOgre
2017-12-19, 01:15 PM
The Mod Wonder: If you need more info, reopen in the 3.x subforum linked above.