PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Science Fantasy RPG Design

Devonkm
2017-12-19, 10:17 AM
Hello everyone! I am nervous to post this, because it has been my brainchild for about 1 year now. I wanted to create my own world using the 5e system, outside of the standard D&D universe.

The concept is actually based on earth, but 10's of thousands of years in the future. Picture steam-punk meets Dune, meets Genetic Engineering.

The world has nearly been destroyed multiple times due to human arrogance, wars, etc. Because of this, there are laws preventing any technology that pollutes, and any technology that has even a modicum of AI. There is Technology, but it is clean.

Additionally, there is no magic... per say. Through years of understanding and Genetic engineering, certain individuals can see dark matter and energy, and manipulate it. Through this, certain "magics" are available, though not as robust as D&D. There is no resurrections, no gods or demons, etc.

The world has been dramatically reformed, and after the last most prominent war, the people have been scattered. There are various races of human on Earth now because of Genetic Engineering, and there are various legends behind their origins.

I have taken a lot of the classes from d&d though modified, and I also changed how Damage is done in this. A hero has a certain amount of Stamina that they can use to dodge hits that they would normally have taken, and that way, injury narration makes so much more sense.

https://1drv.ms/b/s!AulWIrQW1T65zUgp1fz2eelZ4Xxq

Here is the link to my word doc. I really would like some feedback on the classes/Races. I don't want them to be unbalanced or to OP either, and because a lot of them are tweaked its hard to say. I have been playtesting with my Group IRL, and they all love it so far, but I have already seen some problems.