PDA

View Full Version : Player Help What are the best spells cavaliers want on them?

sflame56
2017-12-19, 11:20 PM
So with find steed it allows you and your steed to gain the same buff up if the spell only targets you. I am wondering which spells could maximize how amazing you and your steed are at the same time.

polymphus
2017-12-19, 11:29 PM
I guess is depends how you're getting those spells. Obviously you're multiclassing into something and whatever that something is modifies your list.

sflame56
2017-12-20, 12:07 AM
I guess is depends how you're getting those spells. Obviously you're multiclassing into something and whatever that something is modifies your list.

I would be going into bard and either having 10 or 14 lvls in that.

Vaz
2017-12-20, 04:27 AM
Crown of Stars. You probably need to have a have a homebrew 'cloak/caparison of Charisma' setting it to 19 and/or give it a better chance of hitting though.

Armour of Agathys: 25 bonus HP, deals additional damage to enemies attempting to hit your mount. Use Mounted Combatant to force an attack to hit you instead while it is low, and use Blade Ward to keep it in play longer (absorb 100hp damage, deal 100back for free).

Rogerdodger557
2017-12-20, 10:10 AM
Take Find Greater Steed as one of your magical secrets.

sflame56
2017-12-20, 04:40 PM
Take Find Greater Steed as one of your magical secrets.

Don't worry this and find steed are big priories. Just trying to find other spells that would really help me and my mount.

RickAsWritten
2017-12-20, 05:17 PM
Sanctuary is a nice low level one that I like on a Cavalier. Non-concentration, bonus action cast, and it adds more tankiness to your tankiness.

polymphus
2017-12-21, 03:49 AM
I would be going into bard and either having 10 or 14 lvls in that.
Well I mean, you need to be more specific so we can tell you what spells to pick. You're not really giving us a lot to go on.

To clarify, do you mean Cavalier, the Fighter archetype? Or just a general horseguy? What sorta bard would you invest in? Valor seems redundant if you're taking fighter levels.

sflame56
2017-12-24, 04:17 AM
Well I mean, you need to be more specific so we can tell you what spells to pick. You're not really giving us a lot to go on.

To clarify, do you mean Cavalier, the Fighter archetype? Or just a general horseguy? What sorta bard would you invest in? Valor seems redundant if you're taking fighter levels.

I would be going Lore bard about 10-14 lvls into it for Find steed and find greater steed. Maybe grabbing awaken for more fun. I would then go 6-10 lvls into fighter cavalier and be a v-human for mounted combat. Essentially I want to know what spells would be best to affect me and my mount at once. So haste would be top choice but I was wondering what others would help.

Specter
2017-12-24, 04:05 PM
Haste seems like an obvious pick.

furby076
2017-12-24, 09:54 PM
Misty step. Last game my paladin and his tiger misty stepped into the uruk hai shaman. The shaman didnt survive the round. The tiger hit once (small damage), and the paladin hit 2x, with one of those being a crit. Used 2 lvl 2 smites.....so yea....shaman got splattered into paste

Khrysaes
2017-12-25, 08:04 AM
I would be going Lore bard about 10-14 lvls into it for Find steed and find greater steed. Maybe grabbing awaken for more fun. I would then go 6-10 lvls into fighter cavalier and be a v-human for mounted combat. Essentially I want to know what spells would be best to affect me and my mount at once. So haste would be top choice but I was wondering what others would help.

You dont need find steed. Just greater. Since at 10 bards get access to 5th level slots, they can take Greater right away.

10 Cavalier is a pretty nice feature too, since with it and pole arm mastery, you can opportunity attack anyone that enters, leaves, or moves through your threatened area. With Tunnel Fighter fighting style, if allowed, you get a more expensive version of the Cavalier 18 ability.

Haste would be a great spell for your level 6 extra spell. as would... hmm.. Enlarge maybe? Pass without trace is a good one. Aura of Vitality isnt bad. Crusaders mantle maybe. Mirror image, if bards don't naturally get it.