PDA

View Full Version : A couple feats

RAGE KING!
2007-08-21, 07:04 PM
Be nice to me, its my first time homebrewing, so I started with something simple (I still want real feedback though).

Feat:

Improved Dodge

Requirements:

Dodge, Mobility, Dex 13.

Benefits:

This feat functions exactly like the dodge feat, except you substitute your dexterity modifier for the +1 bonus. (you gain +dex mod to a.c. against an opponent of your choice during your action)

Unlike most dodge bonuses, the bonus granted by this feat does not stack with the bonus granted by the dodge feat. However, it still stacks with all other dodge bonuses.

Also, please tell me if this is already a feat, and the exact description of that feat, or where i can find it.

DraPrime
2007-08-21, 07:27 PM
I don't know if it's already a feat, but it looks pretty solid.

Icewalker
2007-08-21, 08:01 PM
Well I've always loathed the dodge feat, because the declaring thing sucks. I just house-rule it's a +1 dodge bonus to AC period.

This is a cool idea, looks good to me.

RAGE KING!
2007-08-21, 08:19 PM
thanks, i got the idea when i was making a rogue, but i think ill mention that +1 ac overall idea to my d.m. see if he'll let me do that.

F.H. Zebedee
2007-08-21, 08:32 PM
Solid feat. Nothing major, but I believe it's fully workable, and quite useful and balanced. I wouldn't mind putting this on one of my chars.

Durin_Deathless
2007-08-21, 08:50 PM
I don't know how you would personally handle it but i think that using a stat like WIS or INT would be alittle more balance. particuarly seeing as how low the perecs are.

RAGE KING!
2007-08-21, 08:55 PM
true, but i considered that having higher prerequisites would mean that its like an automatic +3. so i decided against that. Using an ability like int or wis wouldnt really make sense, 'cuz its supposed to be an improvement on dodge, and its a very dex-class-like feat.

Also, here are two other feats:

Improved toughness:

Prerequisites:

Con 16, toughness.

Benefits:

You gain 1 hp per Hit Die (Racial hit dice not included.)

Supreme Cleave:

Prerequisites:

str 19, power attack, cleave, great cleave.

Benefits:

This feat works exactly like great cleave, but you can take 5 foot steps between attacks. (I think there should be a limit to this, like your base attack bonus or hit dice or something).

Goober4473
2007-08-22, 02:03 PM
Improved toughness is already a feat, and supreme cleave is a class ability, and probably too powerful for a feat, unless you require like Fighter level 18 or something.

And Improved Toughness applies like Con, to all hit dice, even racial.

RAGE KING!
2007-08-23, 08:27 PM
really?

I probably read those a long time ago, and forgot, and remembered them now, as feat ideas.

Where can i find those?

jindra34
2007-08-23, 08:40 PM
Improved toughness is already a feat, and supreme cleave is a class ability, and probably too powerful for a feat, unless you require like Fighter level 18 or something.

And Improved Toughness applies like Con, to all hit dice, even racial.

Supreme Cleave is an epic feat. it even has the exact same name and effect.

starwoof
2007-08-23, 08:41 PM
Improved toughness is in complete warrior. Supreme cleave is also in complete warrior on the Frenzied Berserker class.
EDIT: Nvm thats supreme power attack.

Reinboom
2007-08-23, 08:41 PM
http://wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/lists/feats

Complete Warrior for Improved Toughness - and the requirements aren't as harsh. (only requires a base fort of +2, nothing else)

For the first feat:
A bit too powerful.
Lets take someone dex focused... 18 +6 from items and... +2 from tomes or level or whatever. 26 - not too outrageous really. +8 modifier.
This feat gives +7 over dodge then, Even starting from lower levels. 16 dex, +4 from items. This gives a +4 over dodge.

Duke of URL
2007-08-24, 10:46 AM
For the first feat:
A bit too powerful.
Lets take someone dex focused... 18 +6 from items and... +2 from tomes or level or whatever. 26 - not too outrageous really. +8 modifier.
This feat gives +7 over dodge then, Even starting from lower levels. 16 dex, +4 from items. This gives a +4 over dodge.

But it requires taking three feats in total (Dodge, Mobility, Improved Dodge) to get. And it's only good against one opponent (barring house rules) at a time. And it's lost if you're denied DEX to AC for any reason.

I think it's balanced just fine.

UserClone
2007-08-24, 11:32 AM
My HR'd Dodge reads: For the purposes of AC, your Dex score is treated as being 2 points higher. That way, it always applies when dodge otherwise would, and it also doesn't require you to declare a Dodge Buddy.