PDA

View Full Version : Eldaritch knight feats?

Shadowbane13
2017-12-20, 10:33 PM
My group just hit 4th level and I'm a fighter gone EK. I was thinking of doing an abil point in STR and INT but I know Xanathar's guide has some new feasts and stuff. Any good ones in there?

I'm using a great sword and acting off tank for the group.
Stats:

Just looking for a second opinion. Thanks guys

Nargrakhan
2017-12-20, 10:49 PM
Are you bound by the PHB +1 rule? What's your race?

Far as feats go, you'll probably want to get War Caster and Great Weapon Master.

At some point you'll want to +1 Strength and Intelligence as well (standard making odd values even routine).

Sentinel is the "tank feat" of choice for many builds.

I believe the common line of thought is at least 16 Con is required for tanking, to have an HP cushion in case you suffer a bad roll or two. Personally I've gotten away 14 Con if I pick up Tough at 8th or 12th level. Some people are just lucky (or unlucky) with dice rolls. YMMV.

ImproperJustice
2017-12-21, 12:50 AM
Well, attribute increases are always a solid choice.

Ritual Caster can provide you with a lot of utility if there is no Wizard in your party.

Warcaster has already been mentioned.

All the feats in Xanathar’s are racial so it would help to know what you are playing.

Resilience (Wisdom) is a solid choice for any martial character.

Specter
2017-12-21, 07:20 AM
+1STR and INT is safely your best bet for now. The benefits are too many not to take it.

At 6th level, you might want Sentinel, Resilient (WIS) or even Tough to fill the tank role better.

The guide in my signature might help.

Shadowbane13
2017-12-21, 10:32 AM
Sorry for being vague before.
I am a dragonborn
And as far as books so far anything is allowed minus homebrew stuff.

Blas_de_Lezo
2017-12-21, 07:56 PM
Sorry for being vague before.
I am a dragonborn
And as far as books so far anything is allowed minus homebrew stuff.

Then take Dragon Fear from Xanathar's Guide. It will give you more options. Fear Breath with no concentracion for a whole minute is just killer, and it also increases 1 point your Strenght, to 18.