PDA

View Full Version : Shortening sleep time

Pscionide
2017-12-20, 11:45 PM
So I got a very powerful weapon but came with a curse that forces me to rest 10 hrs for a full rest are there any items that can shorten the amount of time I need sleep for

Mjolnirbear
2017-12-21, 12:18 AM
So I got a very powerful weapon but came with a curse that forces me to rest 10 hrs for a full rest are there any items that can shorten the amount of time I need sleep for

As curses go, that's weak. Which is fortunate, as there is no way to cut a long rest down.

Not sleep? Sure, elves and warforged and a warlock invocation.

But there is no way to gain the benefits of a long rest without resting for at least 8 (or in your case, 10) hours.

Slipperychicken
2017-12-21, 10:55 AM
Coffee?

If the rest time ever matters, you can just have someone cast remove curse so you can get up earlier.

Tanarii
2017-12-21, 11:14 AM
But there is no way to gain the benefits of a long rest without resting for at least 8 (or in your case, 10) hours.
Elves only need to Long Rest for four hours. They changed the SA (in the official compendium) on this from the opposite ruling originally.

nickl_2000
2017-12-21, 11:16 AM
Elves only need to Long Rest for four hours. They changed the SA (in the official compendium) on this from the opposite ruling originally.

I think the only way to turn yourself into an Elf would be a True Polymorph or be killed and Reincarnated and get lucky on the roll.

Mjolnirbear
2017-12-21, 11:39 AM

I stand corrected. Thanks for the heads up

Mjolnirbear
2017-12-21, 11:40 AM
I think the only way to turn yourself into an Elf would be a True Polymorph or be killed and Reincarnated and get lucky on the roll.

Long lengths to go to to avoid being forced to sleep in. Oh, the horrors!

Tanarii
2017-12-21, 11:42 AM
I think the only way to turn yourself into an Elf would be a True Polymorph or be killed and Reincarnated and get lucky on the roll.Agreed. I was merely pointing out an SA ruling change.

I stand corrected. Thanks for the heads upnp. I was shocked when I saw that change, months after the fact. I'd been ruling based on the old SA for months after the change. I'd just told a player exactly what you said less than a weeks before I found out.