PDA

View Full Version : Custom Background for Lovers

Easy_Lee
2017-12-21, 10:06 AM
My girlfriend and I will soon be taking the Lovers I previously posted about to AL.

The Lovers
Forbidden drow lovers who made a pact with a celestial for the power to escape their homeland, so they could be together. In exchange, they made an oath to the celestial.

The final decision was to keep them pure warlocks, celestial patron, Elven Accuracy, Devil's Sight + Imp Pact Weapon + Thirsting Blade + Eldritch Smite. Mechanically, the idea is to fire arrows from Darkness and use spells like Thunder Step to maintain range, while supporting each other and the party with the bonus action heals and Revify. We'll be coming in at level 7.

Custom backgrounds are allowed in AL. As a result, we can make ones based on Drow heritage, having escaped from Menzoberranzan, and our pact with a celestial.

We still haven't chosen a celestial. Custom backgrounds allow two skills, two languages or tools, and one feature from another background. The campaign is SKT.

We'll take Stealth and the Celestial language to fit our backstories, and it would probably be wise for one of us to be proficient with a Disguise Kit. Does anyone have other recommendations for skills, tools, languages, or a background feature? And does anyone know of a good celestial patron for this concept?

mgshamster
2017-12-21, 10:19 AM
For SKT, I recommend giant language or at least a surface language like dwarven or elven. How that fits into your background is up to you.

For the feature, having the sage feature would be helpful - and it works rather well with your theme (knowledge granted by the celestial).

Also having ties to either the Lord's Alliance or Emerald Enclave factions would be helpful, so taking the Faction Agent background feature from SCAG could help.

Easy_Lee
2017-12-21, 11:01 AM
For SKT, I recommend giant language or at least a surface language like dwarven or elven. How that fits into your background is up to you.

For the feature, having the sage feature would be helpful - and it works rather well with your theme (knowledge granted by the celestial).

Also having ties to either the Lord's Alliance or Emerald Enclave factions would be helpful, so taking the Faction Agent background feature from SCAG could help.

Thank you. I'll look into those things.