PDA

View Full Version : Negrans [race]

DraPrime
2007-08-21, 08:10 PM
534 years ago a halfling wizard called Revlan was leading the study of the Negative Plane. He spent more time on that plane than any other known person in history. After he died it was believed that he spent a total of 30 years in the Negative plane. His 4 children noticed that they were beginning to change. They developed strange abilities and their skin grew darker. They realized that when their father had spent so much time in the Negative energy plane he too must have changed. These changes were passed on to them. Over time their descendants mixed with other halflings until they formed a small yet distinct subrace.

Negran Racial Traits

* +2 Dexterity, -2 Strength.
* Small.
* Darkvision 30 ft.
* Negran base land speed is 20 feet.
* Negative Touch: Unlike most living creatures Negrans are healed by negative energy, not positive energy. So inflict light wounds will heal them, but cure light wounds will hurt them.
* Negative Casting: The save DC for all necromancy spells cast by a Negrans is increased by 1.
* +2 racial bonus on Listen checks.
* Spell Like Ability: 1/day-Touch of Fatigue DC 14.
* Favored Class: Necromancer

RAGE KING!
2007-08-21, 09:19 PM
no alignment mentioned?

also, what does you mean negative casting is the save dc for all their necromantic spells?

DraPrime
2007-08-21, 09:38 PM
Negative casting is just the name of the racial ability.

The Demented One
2007-08-21, 09:46 PM
What would their favored class be?

DraPrime
2007-08-22, 12:25 AM
necromancer. I'll add that at the top.

Finerty
2007-08-22, 02:50 AM
Racial spell-like abilities have a preset dc - although I was just going to suggest that they lose efficacy really, really quickly, so perhaps a racial save bonus against [good] descriptor spells might be a nice substitute? Or perhaps a save against mind-affecting spells, like those popular negative energy creatures, the undead? Or even cold resistance 5? While I do think touch of fatigue matches the race really well, a once-per-day low-level low-dc sp-like ability is just kind of a turnoff for me.

Vhaidara
2007-08-22, 07:57 AM
I like it. A necromantic halfling. Needs more fluff, though.