PDA

View Full Version : Are there spells in pathfinder that strengthen stoneworks?

MonkeySage
2017-12-21, 05:21 PM
I'm looking for a spell that would lend supernatural stability to architectural works that would otherwise be impossible to build with medieval tech, mostly for flavor purposes. A palace that no human could build, for example. My intention is to fully convey the kind of resources that the character has access to: dwarven engineers, elven architects, etc. And I don't want to take the lazy way of "because the gm said so"...

Silva Stormrage
2017-12-21, 06:22 PM
It's not pathfinder but there is a 3.5 spell earthfast (Spell compendium) which does what you are looking for.

In pathfinder and 3.5 there is the spell hardening (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/h/hardening/) But it's pretty high level and not very useful for spamming on structures. It could be used in particularly important areas though, support pillars, etc.

Coidzor
2017-12-23, 05:59 PM
Using magic you can build things in places and ways that would not have been practical for medieval or even early modern building techniques.

Stone Shape and Shrink Item, for instance, let you move around stone like it weighs nothing and mold it like clay. Also, Transmute Rock to Mud and vice versa let you have other people shape it like clay for you and is still easier to haul than stone.