PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Natural Weapons Build

torrasque666
2017-12-23, 01:16 AM
Looking for advice on building a natural weapon using character (specifically a Fanglord Skinwalker for the 2 claws), how exactly can I make it viable without pigeonholing myself? Preferably wearing light/no armor. 25 point buy. Our table uses Paizo, DSP and Drop Dead Studios material. Currently 4th level.

Right now I'm leaning towards Path of War's Stalker. Taking the Deadly Ambush and Rogue Talent (Lethal Acrobatics [DDS]) for stalker arts and of course taking Weapon Finesse and Deadly Agility (to be retrained after 7th level and I take Killer's Implements). How does this sound for a start and how can I improve it?

Baroncognito
2017-12-23, 07:02 AM
There are a couple of ways to go with natural attacks.

I went Halfling Ranger with Natural Weapon Combat Style to get the Aspect of the Beast claws, Ring of Rat Fangs got me a bite attack, and Helm of the Mammoth Lord got me a gore.

Now... blood of the coven gets you non-human changelings. They keep form based racial traits but lose socialization racial traits. Toothy is a Half-orc trait that replaces Orc Ferocity, but you can keep it when you go Half-orc Changeling. So, being a half-orc Changeling gets you two claws and a bite.

Tiefling has a racial trait "Maw or Claw" you can get a bite or you can get claws. There is a Tiefling feat Deadly Horns that gets you horns for a gore attack.

So, at Forth level, you could be a Tiefling, do two levels of Ranger or Slayer, get Natural Combat Style and Aspect of the Beast, and then do two levels of Sylvan Trickster Rogue to get two minutes a day of Prehensile hair.

That would give you Primary: Claw, Claw, Bite, Gore, Secondary: Slam

If I were going this route, I'd probably continue going on as a Rogue.

Alternatively, you can also qualify for Aspect of the Beast with four levels of Druid. So Tiefling Druid would get you
Primary: Claw, Claw, Bite, and Gore.

Of course, the problem with Druid is that, if you wild shape, you lose all your Tiefling natural attacks.

Baroncognito
2017-12-23, 07:33 AM
If you don't mind having claws as a secondary attack, you could just make a Tiefling Rogue (Sylvan Trickster) 4.

Racial Trait: Maw
Two Hexes: Nails and Prehensile Hair
Two Feats: Deadly Horns and Multi-attack.

That gets you, at level 4, Primary Bite and Gore, Secondary (at -2 instead of -5) claw, claw, slam.

Necroticplague
2017-12-23, 11:57 AM
Or you can go for a Ragebred Skinwalker (the one based on pigs). If you pick up Extra Feature, they have a gore and two hooves. Then, going Alchemist, you can use Feral Mutagen for claws and bite. Add in Unarmed strike, and you have 7 natural weapons at level 2. I’d recommend going for a dex-based Beastmorph Vivisector for the build. Simply get into a flanking position, then let the SA dice do the talking.

torrasque666
2017-12-23, 12:00 PM
I'm not looking for the typical "all the natural attacks" build. That's relatively simple. I'm looking for advice on a build that uses 2 claws only, which is why I asked as that is a much more difficult task. Probably going to use PoW as that will let me stay relatively relevant with either standard actions or buffing my limited full attack. Might make use of the IUS advice, but that would relegate my claws to secondary.

phlidwsn
2017-12-23, 09:37 PM
If you're using DSP material, you also have the option of going for Feral Heart Soulknife (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/classes/soulknife/archetypes/dreamscarred-press/feral-heart/), or Psychic Warrior.