PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Momentum System

demonslayerelf
2017-12-23, 03:20 AM
A while back, I posted a thought for replacing normal attacks and the like with momentum. It did just about nothing, but this revolves around it, so the summation of it is; Extra Attack becomes Additional Momentum, Monk's Martial Arts and FoB grant +1 and +2 momentum, respectively. Otherwise, every character has 1 momentum.

I mentioned that there were going to be a lot of special maneuvers one could perform, but didn't have any actually written up. Now I do.

Here is a sampling of what I've made so far. (http://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/SkmvyWqjfG)

Feedback is always appreciated.

(Unmentioned on that page is that, for the Block technique, Monks use their Martial Arts damage die, rather than a d4. That would be a change in the class ability, so I didn't put it with the technique itself.

Likewise for the Rogue with the Defer technique. Rogues spend their one momentum point, and they get half of their proficiency modifier, rounding up, additional reactions. For the purposes of multiclassing, it would be treated as though their proficiency was ONLY from rogue levels, so a Rogue 1, Paladin 7, would only get the one extra reaction. Rogues actually get a nice handful of little tricks, since this "Half-proficiency" bonus applies to Disengage, Dash, and Dodge, as well.)