PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Help finishing gestalt character build.

kulosle
2017-12-23, 02:33 PM
I'm building for a gestalt campaign (never played gestalt before). We start at level one with no items and we are evil. The character concept is set in stone, everything else is changeable but i'd like to be done soon. The character concept is this old angry woman that no one pays any attention to. She gives horrible advice and everyone just accepts it as old timey wisdom. She was thrown in jail for cavorting with devils to curse her kids who never visit her.

The build i have so far is human Spellthief//Bloodrager
spell thief is a rogue archetype and I added on the arcane charlatan. on the bloodrager side it's primalist, and metamagic rager. Also exchanging first bloodline power (arcana) for a bloodline familiar.

Things that haven't been decided yet feats, familiar, race and attributes aren't set in stone. it's a 30 pb and i currently have str 14, dex 14, con 14, int 11, wis 8, cha 20 (that includes being middle age 50). we have one trait and one bonus feat.

The main issue is the build doesn't really start working till level 3 or 5. and it means i don't really do much right now. and i'm torn between grabbing feats that are good for it right now or just biting the bullet and grabbing things that would be great later. I also just haven't decided exactly how i'm fighting. my flanking buddy familiar won't come online till level 3. I could change around my points to go two weapons, i could go ranged, maybe shurikens. I'm just not sure yet. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated it.

thecrimsondawn
2017-12-23, 11:49 PM
I'm building for a gestalt campaign (never played gestalt before). We start at level one with no items and we are evil. The character concept is set in stone, everything else is changeable but i'd like to be done soon. The character concept is this old angry woman that no one pays any attention to. She gives horrible advice and everyone just accepts it as old timey wisdom. She was thrown in jail for cavorting with devils to curse her kids who never visit her.

The build i have so far is human Spellthief//Bloodrager
spell thief is a rogue archetype and I added on the arcane charlatan. on the bloodrager side it's primalist, and metamagic rager. Also exchanging first bloodline power (arcana) for a bloodline familiar.

Things that haven't been decided yet feats, familiar, race and attributes aren't set in stone. it's a 30 pb and i currently have str 14, dex 14, con 14, int 11, wis 8, cha 20 (that includes being middle age 50). we have one trait and one bonus feat.

The main issue is the build doesn't really start working till level 3 or 5. and it means i don't really do much right now. and i'm torn between grabbing feats that are good for it right now or just biting the bullet and grabbing things that would be great later. I also just haven't decided exactly how i'm fighting. my flanking buddy familiar won't come online till level 3. I could change around my points to go two weapons, i could go ranged, maybe shurikens. I'm just not sure yet. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated it.

First impression I got from your concept is a witch from reading it, lol.

Im just stopping by to point out that if you do decide on taking feats now, with only a little gold and a little downtime, you can retrain them later. There is almost always downtime in most settings so this would allow you to focus on feats to be more fun and effective now and then retrain them for optimization later.

Is 3pp allowed? There is a DSP book called bloodforged that has some nice racial feats you may or may not be interested in. I bring this up since with the mixed blood feat, you can count as both a dwarf and an orc for all the crazy cleave feats if you want to be a player that can end armies alone.

Depending on what you want your bloodrager to do, there is also a Kineticist archetype for them in either Legendary Kineticists 1 or 2, forgot what one, but it would offer some ranged ability while raging.

There are some new feats that allow you to get one set of totems - namely the one you most likely want is the dragon totems to boost your DR through the roof, but this is kinda feat intensive. Still never hurts to point em out. These new feats all seem to have ended up under General on the pfsrd.

That is all I have for now. Im sure others will give some advice too :)