PDA

View Full Version : Journies on the TARDIS (WW Based Game, In Process of Role handouts)

Korias
2007-08-21, 10:59 PM
http://www.zetacity.com/insidethetardis/tardis-large.jpg
http://www.relativedimensions.co.uk/inside.jpg
Welcome to the TARDIS, the Time And Relative Dimensions In Space. As The Doctor, I've felt that I should take upon some new companions! 25, to be exact! So All aboard, and get ready for the trip of a lifetime!

*Of Course, little did the Doctor know that he had unwittingly let some nasty little aliens onboard...*

Read this thread if you have never played a Werewolf game. Ever. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36074)
All rules are in spoiler tags.

Ok. So your probably wondering, what are the new little quirks this has to offer? Well, many, actualy. First of all, there are a few things you should know.

There are 3 Werewolf Groups, all viving for controll of the TARDIS. Each acts as a seperate group, and will work against the others.
There are two new Roles for Villagers to help them out: The Time Lord in disguse and Capitan Jack
Agitators can now Invade and Recruit villagers to their side.

Alright. Now that thats overwith, lets begin the describing of the Roles.
The following are rules, which broken, are penalised by ejection from the game.

You may not join an Agitator group, only to then rat them all out in the game thread. A Villager Spy can side with the villagers at his own cost, but his side will lose. Its in your best intrest to follow the side your on to victory. If there is evidence that you sent mass PMs telling everybody who the Agitator group was, You will be evicted from the game.

Villager Roles

Villagers win by eliminating all Agitators.

Human: These guys are pure flesh and blood humans. They have no special abilities. Scries as a Human
Capitan Jack (NEW!): Capitan Jack has this little ability that prevents him from dying. As such, Capitan Jack is immune to Night Assassinations from any ONE Agitator group, chosen at random. He may still be lynched or killed by other groups. Scries as Human
Time Lord in Disguise (NEW!): This person has chosen to hide by re-writing his biology. However, the TARDIS recognizes him as a Time Lord and will help him evict who he wants gone. His vote counts for double. Scries as Human
XenoBiologist (Seer): The XenoBiologist can determine who is an alien by switching on a little device that was picked up during an invasion. Scries as Human
Alien Fanboy (Fool): Thinks he knows everything about aliens, but is deep down, really crazy. Is told that he is the Xenobiologist, but whenever he scries, he is given random Role and Race. Scries as Meatbag-er, Human
Gallifreyan (Baner): The Gallifreyan, while not a Time Lord, does know where eveything in the Tardis is. He knows a special hiding spot, and every night he may take somebody there to it to keep them hidden from the aliens.
Crewmates (Masons): Crewmates are just two guys that know that the other isnt the Agitator. They know the Doctor through various ways, and even though the doctor may not recognize them, they owe him big.

Agitator Rules and Roles

First of all, Agitators work a bit differently. Agitator Lords (The Alpha Wolves) Will be PM'd their role as an Agitator Lord. However, they get to pick what race they play as. Each race has a unique quirk, but all have the same basic roles: Alpha, Devil, and Werewolf.

Their are five Agitator Races.

Daleks
Daleks are the most horrible race alive. Sworn enemies of the Time Lords, they live to do one thing: Exterminate. They are incased in shells of metal that protect them, but they can be killed. Out of their shell, they are tentacled masses of bio-matter, without the ability to survive without the shell.

The Cult of Skarro is a group of Daleks that have free will. It is their job to think of knew ways to insure Dalek Purity.

Dalek Sec (Alpha Wolf): This Dalek is after the Doctor to release his bretheren. He has camoflagued himself and his fellow Daleks as Humans to overpower the Doctor. Scries as Human
Dalek Khan (Devil): Dalek Khan has been fitted with a new lens to see past all camoflague. He scries as Dalek
Cult of Skarro follower (Werewolf): This Dalek is an avid believer in Dalek Purity. Scries as a Dalek

Special Bonus: Daleks can Perform two kills in a single night, but they may only do this once.

Cybermen
Cybermen were originaly created to become an upgrade patch for humanity. Unofrtunetly, they began to "Upgrade" without discretion, and the whole operation spiraled out of control. Now, a band of them have come to use the TARDIS as a base of operations to upgrade the entirety of time.

Alpha Leader (Alpha Wolf): This is the leader of all Cybermen. He scries as a Human
CyberWoman (Devil): This evil half-cyborg can surgically examine the brain of a fellow travler to determine their allegiance. Scries as Cyberman
Cyberman (Werwolf): This is a programmed bot of Cybernetic proportions. Scries as Cyberman.
Special Bonus: If the Alpha Leader dies, The Cyberwoman takes his place, and a basic Cyberman takes her place.

Family of Blood
The Family of Blood is a group of parasitic organisms that have the greatest tracking abilities in the universe. They hunt through time and space to abosrob life force and live longer than their life span, which is 3 Months.

Father of Mine (Alpha Wolf): This is the leader of the family, a group of hunters that sniffs down prey and devours it, consuming their life force. Scries as Human
Mother of Mine (Devil): This member of the family can posess whomever she wishes to find out their roles, but cannot stay for long. Scries as Family Member
Sibling of Mine (Werewolf): The Siblings help the parents hunt their prey. Scries as a Family Member.
Special Bonus: The Family may preform two Scry Actions per night, but only once.

Meddling Time Lords
While the doctor Claims to be the last Time Lord in exsistance, he has been proven wrong multiple times. These are the last survivors, banded together to take out the Doctor and use the Tardis themselves.

The Master (Alpha Male): This Time Lord has been one of the ones that survives till the end, just like the Daleks do. He has been a constant thorn in the Doctor's side, and is making his move once again. Scries as a Human.
Valeyard (Devil): Valeyard is the Time Lord Judge, Jury and Executioner. While on his 13th regeneration, Valeyard can peer into the Time Vortex and see somebody for what they truly are. Scries as a Time Lord
Other Time Lord (Werewolf): A These surviving Time Lords have joined with the Master to rebuild the empire. Scries as a Time Lord.
Special Bonus: Time Lords may perform an Invasion more than once.

Torchwood Operation
Torchwood was made by Queen Victoria I when the Doctor visited her. Torchwood captures aliens and disects them for science, similar to the US's Area 51. They have no relation to the Torchwood that Capitan Jack heads.

Head Inquisitor (Alpha Male): The head of Torchwood, responsible for capturing the Doctor. Scries as Human
Torchwood Tech Opperative (Devil): This operative knows all about alien technology, and can use it against them to determine whether they are human or not. Scries as Torchwood
Operative (Werewolf): Your Standard issue cockney Torchwood operative, trained in combating the outsiders. Scries as Torchwood
Special Bonus:Torchwood Operation may Recruit more than once.

Rules on Invading and Recruiting.

Recruiting
At anypoint in the game, an Agitator may wish to recruit a villager to their side to even the odds. What happens is is that I recieve a PM from the Agitators (Or Vespe Recieves it), saying "We wish to recruit X", I send a Recruiting PM to X. X then sends a PM Back to me, saying Yes or No. This can only work on a villager. If another agitator is selected, it counts as being denied. Otherwise, if I recieve a PM from The Agitators and a PM from the Recruited saying yes, I add that person to the agitators side as a werewolf-type role. From there, they know everything that the Agitator group knows.

Torchwood can recruit as many times as they please, but other races can do it only once. They can try multiple times untill they get a Positve response, though.

Invading
An Invasion occurs whenever an agitator wishes to incrue mass killings. Essentialy, its starting a Revolution, like that in the Revolution games. What happens is that The Agitator Alpha says he is starting an Invasion. I post that their is an invasion occuring, and you must decide whether to fight the invasion (Oppose), Hide (Stay out of it), or Join up with the invasion force. Players send me PMs with their choice, and after I tally up the votes, I detail in a post what happened. If their are enough opposers to outnumber the Invading force, then the Invaders are killed, and all that Hide are slaughtered in the aftermath. If The Invaders win, than the opposing force is decimated and hiding places bombed. If the Hiders win, then there isnt enough force on either side to incur enough death. One person from the Opposing side and Invading side dies. Your side wins if they outnumber the enemy sides. Hiding side wins if they outnumber both sides.

Time Lords can invade more than once, but the other groups may only do it once.

List of Players

TOTAL PLAYER COUNT: 24
REMAINING SPACES: 1
Khaldan
Case
Bookboy
Calamity
Evnafets
EvilDMMk3
Raiser B1ade
Haruki-Kun
CurlyKitGirl
Rejakor- Annoying Fish and Chips man.
Joosbawx
Atreyu the Masked Llama
onasuma
Castaras
Moon_Called
EmeraldRose
Helgraf
Kyrace
North
Fleeing Coward
Draken
DarkLightDragon
Korith
Banjo1985

Application closes August 28th, or if we get 25 Players, whichever comes sooner.

Vespe Ratavo has accepted the offer to be Co-Narrarator. PMs should be adressed to me and Vespe for Scries and Kills.

Khaldan
2007-08-21, 11:14 PM
Kewl, a new WW game. In. ((you might want to PM alarra to get it moved))

Korias
2007-08-21, 11:17 PM
Already PMed Allara.

You have been added to the list.

Case
2007-08-21, 11:21 PM
Sweet Dr. Who. Totally completely in.

*Squeezes his little stuffed Dalek doll for good luck*

What?

*Mumble* Daleks are cool.*Mumble*

Korias
2007-08-21, 11:43 PM
I didnt know they made Dalek plushies. Either way, your on the list now.

Haruki-kun
2007-08-21, 11:57 PM
OK, I wanna play! Count me in!
But I should warn you that I've never played a structured game before, though I've played a similiar game outside forums.

Raiser Blade
2007-08-22, 12:37 AM
im in:smallbiggrin:

Evil DM Mark3
2007-08-22, 01:35 AM
Would like to be in, but this is my first one.

Go gentle.:smallwink:

evnafets
2007-08-22, 02:23 AM
EXTERMINATE! errr, I mean I'll join (how can I resist a Dr Who game?)

Calamity
2007-08-22, 05:19 AM
Definetly in.

Vhaidara
2007-08-22, 07:44 AM
Why not? I'm only in three others.

Korias
2007-08-22, 09:49 AM
You have all been added to the list, bringing the player total to 8/25.

Vespe Ratavo
2007-08-22, 10:53 AM
Hmm....sounds interesting, and I'm pretty sure I'm about to get killed off in Camp Sleeps-A-Lot, so I might sign up. Not right now though.

One question, how do you know that someone won't just join an agitator team then rat them out to everyone else? :smallconfused: Is that why there's five "werewolf" teams?

CurlyKitGirl
2007-08-22, 11:01 AM
Methinks one more won't hurt.

Might want to PM some of the people who normally plays these games too.

Korias
2007-08-22, 11:15 AM
Hmm....sounds interesting, and I'm pretty sure I'm about to get killed off in Camp Sleeps-A-Lot, so I might sign up. Not right now though.

One question, how do you know that someone won't just join an agitator team then rat them out to everyone else? :smallconfused: Is that why there's five "werewolf" teams?

Are you talking about a Villager Kamikaze? Well, that would cause you to lose, and I dont think that anybody would do that explicitly, but It would also cause you to lose. Ive seen questions about the "Werewolf on the villager side", and there is nothing to stop that. Its just that if your a werewolf, dont go and shout out "THESE GUYS ARE DALEK!" Or something similar, cause that ruins the game.

And there are actually only 3 Werewolf teams. There are 5 different groups that the werewolves can be, but you wont know. As soon as we get 25 people, I select 3 Agitator Lords. These guys get to pick what group they want to be and then they select their team. So Agitator Lord A Picks the Dalek Race, then selects 3 People to join him, one of which becomes Khan, or the Devil.

Vespe Ratavo
2007-08-22, 11:27 AM
Hmm...okay. Sounds fun. Sign me up please.

Although I will admit I have never seen Doctor Who. Feel free to throw stones at me, but forgive me if I mess up or something, okay?

Edit: Yay! I'm the co-narrator! :smallbiggrin:

Korias
2007-08-22, 11:35 AM
Vespe Ratavo is the new Co-Narrarator. Hes going to be playing the proverbial role of the Main Side Kick (AkA: Rose Tyler, Martha Jones, ect.) and will help me keep track of everything. Send all PMs to me and Vespe, for your Scries, Kills, and questions. One of us will get back to you.

Rejakor
2007-08-22, 11:49 AM
I'll be joining the phonebooth tardis.

Put me down as the annoying fish and chip shop owner.

Joosbawx
2007-08-22, 11:58 AM
So totally IN!

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-08-22, 12:00 PM
I know nothing of Dr. Who, but I know you'll need a lot of people to pull this off and I like to help a man in need.

Sign me up.

Korias
2007-08-22, 12:01 PM
Joosbawx, Curly, Atreyu, and Rejakor have been added to the list of people.

onasuma
2007-08-22, 01:43 PM
Im in, i love doctor who.

Korias
2007-08-22, 02:07 PM
The 13th Passenger is aboard! Weve still got room for 12 more!

Castaras
2007-08-22, 02:47 PM
Should be active by 28th, so in.

Korias
2007-08-22, 03:03 PM
And with the Joining of Castaras, we end up with 11 spots left.

Call your compatriots. The TARDIS Can lift off soon enough if the final spots are filled!

Evil DM Mark3
2007-08-22, 04:20 PM
Can I just say one thing? Your description of the master is an insult to one of the greatest villains of all time! The Doctor's equal in almost every way, his superior in some, not just a "man who creates paradoxes within time and space." His stated aim is total and utter domination of all matter through all time!

Korias
2007-08-22, 04:46 PM
Can I just say one thing? Your description of the master is an insult to one of the greatest villains of all time! The Doctor's equal in almost every way, his superior in some, not just a "man who creates paradoxes within time and space." His stated aim is total and utter domination of all matter through all time!

Then again, not everybody has seen the complete season 3, as it hasnt come out yet in North America. I was trying to avoid spoilers of season three, but it seems unavoidable.

Mr. Moon
2007-08-22, 08:43 PM
Hmmm... I haven't played a WW style game for a while... I'm in.

Maybe I'll actualy remember this one this time. :smallwink:

Korias
2007-08-22, 08:52 PM
Ten More, and we can begin.

Just ten more...

Moon Called has been added to the list.

Vespe Ratavo
2007-08-22, 08:57 PM
Oooh! This is gonna be awesome! Let's see, what does one pack for a trip through time and space?
*taps Korias The Doctor on the shoulder*
Hey Doctor, what should I take? I've got some clothes, some weapons (self defense only, of course), a DS, about $3000 in assorted currencies, and my Handy Haversack.

EmeraldRose
2007-08-22, 09:01 PM
I'm in.

*puts on a multi-colored scarf and tan trenchcoat*

:smallbiggrin:

Korias
2007-08-22, 09:02 PM
Oooh! This is gonna be awesome! Let's see, what does one pack for a trip through time and space?
*taps Korias The Doctor on the shoulder*
Hey Doctor, what should I take? I've got some clothes, some weapons (self defense only, of course), a DS, about $3000 in assorted currencies, and my Handy Haversack.

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee221/Kyace/doctor-2.png

Well Ratavo, Here. The Doctor tosses a cellphone to Vespe. Thats got universal minutes. You can call anywhere, anytime, all the time. Oh, and hold out your DS. As you hold out the Nintendo Handheld, the Doctor points his Sonic Scewdriver. It flashes, and a beam connects the two devices. After a few secconds, the beam brakes, and the doctor pockets the universal item. Your DS has all the powers of the Sonic Screwdriver. Arent I clever? He cracks a smile. This was certainly going to be interesting. With all these people, its going to be a blast!

EmeraldRose has been added to the list of people coming. Now only 9 are needed to start the game.

Vespe Ratavo
2007-08-22, 09:05 PM
Ooooh. Can I prank call the President? Or all of them? Hee hee.
Vespe notices EmeraldRose.
Of course! Welcome aboard! :smallbiggrin:

Korias
2007-08-22, 09:06 PM
I'm in.

*puts on a multi-colored scarf and tan trenchcoat*

:smallbiggrin:

I know you. Your one of the original Doctors, arent you? The one played by Tom Baker?

EmeraldRose
2007-08-22, 09:08 PM
I know you. Your one of the original Doctors, arent you? The one played by Tom Baker?

Why yes! I do believe that was the chap's name. It was a lovely time!

Helgraf
2007-08-22, 09:38 PM
Sounds all twisty and complex. I'm in.

Korias
2007-08-22, 09:51 PM
And As the Tardis fills up, the Doctor makes some fine tuning to the TARDIS controls. Helgraf is In, reducing our remaining spots to 8. At this rate, we can possibly get started much sooner than the 28th. Possibly tomorrow.

Kyace
2007-08-22, 10:48 PM
I'd like to play. One question: Under villager roles it says:

Capitan Jack (NEW!): Capitan Jack has this little ability that prevents him from dying. As such, Capitan Jack is immune to Night Assassinations from any ONE Agitator group, chosen at random. He may still be lynched or killed by other groups. Scries as Human
however I didn't see any rules for what Night Assassinations are.

North
2007-08-22, 10:50 PM
North grabs his time-underwear and a towel and humps into the game

Korias
2007-08-22, 10:50 PM
I'd like to play. One question: Under villager roles it says:

however I didn't see any rules for what Night Assassinations are.

Night Assassinations are covered under the Werewolf rules. Every night sequence, The Wolves get to pick one person to "Kill", removing them from the game. Capitan Jack gets to be immune to a kill from any one of the three Wolf Groups.

North and Kyrace have been added, lowering our remaining spots to SIX At this rate, We could be starting tomorrow morning.

Fleeing Coward
2007-08-22, 11:14 PM
Sure, I'm in.

Draken
2007-08-22, 11:16 PM
In, this sounds cool after all.

Korias
2007-08-22, 11:16 PM
FOUR SPOTS REMAINING.

Wow. Who knew it'd be this popular?

Fleeing Coward is now a Moraliser Spy! on the list.
Draken is also added to the list.

evnafets
2007-08-22, 11:52 PM
Wow. Who knew it'd be this popular?

Dude, you posted a Dr Who game on an RPG board full of D&D geeks.
What did you expect? There is a huge correlation between the two groups of fans.

I expect Monty Python would also do well (hmmmmm - Monty Python and the HolyGrail werewolf.....)

Korias
2007-08-22, 11:54 PM
Dude, you posted a Dr Who game on an RPG board full of D&D geeks.
What did you expect? There is a huge correlation between the two groups of fans.

I expect Monty Python would also do well (hmmmmm - Monty Python and the HolyGrail werewolf.....)

Slightly Less Buzz at this time of night, but not the game almost filling up within 2 days of being posted.

DarkLightDragon
2007-08-23, 12:55 AM
((I'll try this out. And I know what Doctor Who is, so it shouldn't be too confusing...))

*DLD lands in front of the TARDIS and shifts into her human form-without the collar, armour and greatsword, of course*

Greetings, Doctor. May I also accompany you on this journey?

Evil DM Mark3
2007-08-23, 05:24 AM
Then again, not everybody has seen the complete season 3, as it hasnt come out yet in North America. I was trying to avoid spoilers of season three, but it seems unavoidable.

Not to be picky here, but your version contains more spoilers, my version refers to the master as he was in the era of the THIRD Doctor, I mean there has to be a statute of limitations on that sort of thing. Like when they redid King Kong, everyone knew how it ended.

If it had been me I would have given him Roma as the Devil and Mesmerised Minion as wolves. Old school and poiler free.

Korias
2007-08-23, 07:54 AM
Not to be picky here, but your version contains more spoilers, my version refers to the master as he was in the era of the THIRD Doctor, I mean there has to be a statute of limitations on that sort of thing. Like when they redid King Kong, everyone knew how it ended.

If it had been me I would have given him Roma as the Devil and Mesmerised Minion as wolves. Old school and poiler free.

Third Doctor? You mean the one with the Jelly Beans? I'm watching the old ones, but I can only go back so far. I havent gotten to any other "Master", so if you can point out the episode, I'll be glad to figure out whats going on.

Dark Light, welcome to the crew. This reduces it to... three more spots.

By this rate, the game could start very soon.

Korith
2007-08-23, 08:07 AM
I offer my services to The Good Doctor and prepare to defend the TARDIS (signed up)

Uthrac
2007-08-23, 08:13 AM
Tom Baker (with the Jelly-Babies) was the fourth Doctor Who.

Korias
2007-08-23, 08:18 AM
Tom Baker (with the Jelly-Babies) was the fourth Doctor Who.

Then who was the third?

Also, Korith You now reduce the final spots to two. Welcome aboard!

Evil DM Mark3
2007-08-23, 08:28 AM
Pertwee, with Bessie (his car) and UNIT.

The Master is a REALLY old villain, not as old as the Autons, Daleks or Cybermen but close. He is also the most enduring of the six Time Lords the Doctor has had as foes.

IIRC they are:
Omega, Rani, The Master, The Valeyard (Well, sort of, this guy is very very wierd), The Corrupt president from the Six Doctors and The Medling Monk (The first)

The Doctors in order:

William Hartnell : Grumpy old wierd edwardian man.
Patrick Troughton : Space Hobo with a flute.
Jon Pertwee : Dandy gentleman, stuck on Earth for much of his time.
Tom Baker : Cruls, Teeth, Scarf. You know.
Peter Davison : Cricket whites and celery.
Colin Baker : Loudly dressed looney.
Sylvester McCoy : "Once round the galazy and back in time for tea!"
Paul McGann : Film Fop.
Christopher Eccleston : Bitter and angry in a leather jacket.
David Tennant : The current one.

Vespe Ratavo
2007-08-23, 08:38 AM
((Pssst. I'm going to be gone most of the day, at least twelve hours-ish. I'll probably be back by later afternoon my time, feel free to start without me if you like.))

banjo1985
2007-08-23, 08:46 AM
As I've just died in RAF I can join here without getting too confused! Count me in if you have any spaces left!

Korias
2007-08-23, 08:56 AM
Enlightening.

Anyhows, the Paradoxes are no more. They have been replaced with the "Meddling Time Lords", and have the same special ability as the Paradoxes.

Evil DM Mark3
2007-08-23, 09:05 AM
:smallbiggrin: And why can they invade more than once? Because they get to go back and try all over again.

Korias
2007-08-23, 09:06 AM
So Evil, can I put you down as "In"?

Evil DM Mark3
2007-08-23, 09:10 AM
Ithought I was allready in....

Korias
2007-08-23, 09:16 AM
Ithought I was allready in....

You are, hence the reason why I keep lists. My memory is incredibly crappy now that school is starting again.

banjo1985
2007-08-23, 09:31 AM
Just checked the first post...two spaces left *phew!* I think I got in just in time!

Korias
2007-08-23, 09:32 AM
And then there was ONE...

Banjoy1985 has joined up.

There is one space remaining. If it fills up before noon, I will commence the Role Selection.
Expect day one to start soon.

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee221/Kyace/dalek.png The Dalek commands you to find a final member!

Fualkner Asiniti
2007-08-23, 12:12 PM
I want to join, hopefully there is still space!

Korias
2007-08-23, 12:30 PM
REGISTRATION CLOSED

============================

Now, I will begin handing out roles. First, I will randomly determine the 3 Agitator Lords. These guys then pick a race and 3 other people to join them. Then I hand out roles for villagers, and then werewolves.

============================

Calamity
2007-08-23, 12:48 PM
Hold on, 3? Unless my maths has took a considerable plunge, I coutned 5 agigtator groups.

Korias
2007-08-23, 12:51 PM
Hold on, 3? Unless my maths has took a considerable plunge, I coutned 5 agigtator groups.

Ah. I thought I answered this question.

There are 3 Agitator Groups. There are 5 different groups to chose from.

Every Agitator Lord gets to pick his race. That way, you dont REALLY know who your up against. Mysterious little buggers, these aliens. It IS possible to have two of the same race, or even 3 of the same race. You could have 3 groups of Daleks running around the Tardis if thats what everybody picks.

Calamity
2007-08-23, 12:53 PM
Oddly, that scenario is more likely than it sounds. :smallwink: 'Cos Daleks are cool.

Korith
2007-08-23, 01:02 PM
Yes, which means that 3 will be in play, and 2 won't be.

Besides, given 25 members:

3 agitator groups x (leader + 3 members) = 12 agitators.
Time Lord in Disguise + Captain Jack + Xenobiologist + Alien Fanboy = 4 special roles
That leaves 9 to split between crewmate and human.

The Agitator informational advantage is largely fractured compared to a traditional Werewolf game (wherein 5-6 wolves would be an appropriate challenge among a group of 25). Further to the villager advantage is the fact that invasions have a strong "backfire" mechanic, thus the three agitator groups will have to depend on votes to push the invasion to an advantageous position, where the likely attrition model will prove more advantageous than detrimental.

One thing to watch out for, however, is that the "false seer" strategy has more merit in this variation than traditional werewolf. Agitators have plenty to gain by reporting on any other factions they discover and watching them collapse, while the true seer (ie, Xenobiologist) will have to run through more hoops to convince is he/she can be trusted.

I'd like to see something clarified in the main rules, though. How is a "turn" laid out? Do we have day/night phases with their respective killings? Do we just have a vote->lynch->vote->lynch->...->vote->lynch->someone calls "INVASION!"->resolve invasion->vote->lynch type structure?

Korias
2007-08-23, 01:02 PM
The Agitator Lord PMs have been sent. I'm awaiting replies from them, before I can start the process of getting to the rest of you.

Evil DM Mark3
2007-08-23, 01:07 PM
Do you roleplay in this or not? Do we just say stuff or do we roleplay too? Like do I RP being a person with the unlikely name of EvilDMMk3?

Cause I can see a future where DMing is a job. With menacing voice implants and book library. Plus that would tie in with the Mark 3.

Korias
2007-08-23, 01:08 PM
Yes, which means that 3 will be in play, and 2 won't be.

Besides, given 25 members:

3 agitator groups x (leader + 3 members) = 12 agitators.
Time Lord in Disguise + Captain Jack + Xenobiologist + Alien Fanboy = 4 special roles
That leaves 9 to split between crewmate and human.

The Agitator informational advantage is largely fractured compared to a traditional Werewolf game (wherein 5-6 wolves would be an appropriate challenge among a group of 25). Further to the villager advantage is the fact that invasions have a strong "backfire" mechanic, thus the three agitator groups will have to depend on votes to push the invasion to an advantageous position, where the likely attrition model will prove more advantageous than detrimental.

One thing to watch out for, however, is that the "false seer" strategy has more merit in this variation than traditional werewolf. Agitators have plenty to gain by reporting on any other factions they discover and watching them collapse, while the true seer (ie, Xenobiologist) will have to run through more hoops to convince is he/she can be trusted.

I'd like to see something clarified in the main rules, though. How is a "turn" laid out? Do we have day/night phases with their respective killings? Do we just have a vote->lynch->vote->lynch->...->vote->lynch->someone calls "INVASION!"->resolve invasion->vote->lynch type structure?

Heres the Structure

Day- Vote and Lynch. Then we go to Night, where theirs 4 Scries and 3 Kills. Then, we go back to day, and so forth.

When somebody wants to start an invasion, it starts on a day. I get PMed and then the Invasion process begins.

North
2007-08-23, 01:09 PM
Ah. I thought I answered this question.

There are 3 Agitator Groups. There are 5 different groups to chose from.

Every Agitator Lord gets to pick his race. That way, you dont REALLY know who your up against. Mysterious little buggers, these aliens. It IS possible to have two of the same race, or even 3 of the same race. You could have 3 groups of Daleks running around the Tardis if thats what everybody picks.

12daleks!!!!! oh goodness.... maybe this was nae such a good idea after all:smalleek:

Evil DM Mark3
2007-08-23, 01:14 PM
It could be worse. I could be 12 Timelords. Damned Egomaniacs...

Korias
2007-08-23, 01:16 PM
Do you roleplay in this or not? Do we just say stuff or do we roleplay too? Like do I RP being a person with the unlikely name of EvilDMMk3?

Cause I can see a future where DMing is a job. With menacing voice implants and book library. Plus that would tie in with the Mark 3.

You dont HAVE to RP, but it is useful. Otherwise, you can be lynched for simply staying silent during night sequences.

Evil DM Mark3
2007-08-23, 01:18 PM
I just love the idea of a cyber-punk DM.

Evil DM Mark 3

AKA The Heir of Gygax, DM Vetinari, Make The PC Killing Stop!!!

DM Registry number:37641

Cunning rate:89%

Implants: Artificial Menacing vocal cords, Rules Matrix type 8 and internal auto-roller.

Korias
2007-08-23, 01:42 PM
I just love the idea of a cyber-punk DM.

Evil DM Mark 3

AKA The Heir of Gygax, DM Vetinari, Make The PC Killing Stop!!!

DM Registry number:37641

Cunning rate:89%

Implants: Artificial Menacing vocal cords, Rules Matrix type 8 and internal auto-roller.

Thats really scary. Remind me to NEVER play any of your games. EVER.

Evil DM Mark3
2007-08-23, 01:51 PM
Its not so bad. I am a sporting Evil DM. There is always a sporting chance. The villains are clever, cunning and devious (if appropriate) and can come from any angle. Running is sometimes the only sensible choice. But there is always a chance.

I have won awards at the university society for "Best DM", "Kickass DM" (same award, name changed) and "Most memorable character" (the first time it was ever given to an NPC)

Korias
2007-08-23, 01:52 PM
More importantly, how are you the Heir of Gygax? The final boss of Mother?

Evil DM Mark3
2007-08-23, 01:55 PM
Gygax, co-inventor of DnD, from whom we get the term Gygaxian adventures, prime example of which is the Tomb of Horrors.

Korias
2007-08-23, 03:09 PM
Ah. Him.

Anyway, I'm still waiting on two agitator lords. Once I get their PMs back telling me who they want and what they want to be, I'll send the rest of you your powers and roles.

Korias
2007-08-23, 07:34 PM
Alright. One Agitator Lord remains before I can finish handing out roles.

Mr. Moon
2007-08-23, 07:41 PM
Moon Called leans against a wall, observing the technology around her smugly. Magtok would be sooo jellous!

((Yup. You guys are dealing with AMEN Moon Called. Toned down a little, but still... Have fun. :smallamused:))

Korias
2007-08-23, 07:43 PM
I have now recieved all 3 Agitator PMs.

Those of you who are Agitators have recieved PMs. You know who your fellow are, but not the other groups.

The Process of civilians will now begin.

Korias
2007-08-23, 08:12 PM
====Roles Have Been Assigned. Game Thread Will Be Up Soon.====

Ahh, there we go! Its still in SMBG, but it'll do. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3082935#post3082935)