PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Pathfinder: I want to build a decent spellcaster with a gun

Nosta
2017-12-25, 08:31 PM
The Game starts At level (7) Will be Medium progression and end likely Around level 15 or 16

The Plan so Far is to start as a Wizard with the spellslinger Archetype for my first level and then go in to Blood Arcainst

My idea is to take the orc Blood line and take Blood havoc (GM Rules that any class with a Bloodline feature can take Blood Mutations)

for my one Arcanist exploit i'll start with i plan to take School under standing Admixtures cause well its just great for a Blaster like me.

For feats i am with stuff like spell focus and mages Tattoo for Evo and Empower spell

Since i'll start with third level spells

I am planning on taking Two Traits to help with my meta-magic feats

though im not sure if i should use it battering blast or lighting bolt.

I could also use help placing stats. the game is 20 point buy and i like to have a good set of stats.

quark12000
2017-12-25, 08:36 PM
The Game starts At level (7) Will be Medium progression and end likely Around level 15 or 16

The Plan so Far is to start as a Wizard with the spellslinger Archetype for my first level and then go in to Blood Arcainst

My idea is to take the orc Blood line and take Blood havoc (GM Rules that any class with a Bloodline feature can take Blood Mutations)

for my one Arcanist exploit i'll start with i plan to take School under standing Admixtures cause well its just great for a Blaster like me.

For feats i am with stuff like spell focus and mages Tattoo for Evo and Empower spell

Since i'll start with third level spells

I am planning on taking Two Traits to help with my meta-magic feats

though im not sure if i should use it battering blast or lighting bolt.

I could also use help placing stats. the game is 20 point buy and i like to have a good set of stats.

Am I missing something? Where's the gun? Not that I like firearms in fantasy roleplaying, but I know Pathfinder has them in at least the 'Skull and Shackles' path.

Nosta
2017-12-25, 08:54 PM
Am I missing something? Where's the gun? Not that I like firearms in fantasy roleplaying, but I know Pathfinder has them in at least the 'Skull and Shackles' path.

The gun i get from the wizard as the Archetype i am taking lets me shoot spells from my gun. Adding the weapon bonus to the Dc of my spells

i can also empower my gun by expending my spells

the game is a Homebrew game (my group always dose homebrew games lol)

quark12000
2017-12-25, 09:07 PM
The gun i get from the wizard as the Archetype i am taking lets me shoot spells from my gun. Adding the weapon bonus to the Dc of my spells

i can also empower my gun by expending my spells

the game is a Homebrew game (my group always dose homebrew games lol)

So the gun is basically a multi-purpose wand that you can recharge? That is cool!

Ellrin
2017-12-26, 03:13 AM
So the gun is basically a multi-purpose wand that you can recharge? That is cool!

That can explode in your face and cost you the spell slot, to be fair.

Florian
2017-12-26, 04:25 AM
As your gm seems to be willing to be a bit lenient with the rules, why don't you try a more Arcane Archer focused build?

ArendK
2017-12-26, 09:32 AM
Eldritch Archer Magus with a few levels of gunslinger? Makes you a heck of a combat monkey, but kinda MAD (Dex, Con, Int, and Wis for Grit).

Spellslinger always seemed like it was giving up too many schools to really be worth it to me. Personal preference.

7th level pure magus (eldritch archer) might look something like this with feat progression

1st- Exotic Weapon Prof (Firearms)
3rd- Rapid Reload
5th- Amateur Gunslinger (for grit if you want it), Improved Initiative, Rapid Reload, or Deadly Aim
7th- One of the above feats.

Should get you able to mix guns and spells fairly easily.

Crake
2017-12-26, 09:41 AM
That can explode in your face and cost you the spell slot, to be fair.

It only explodes in your face if you roll a natural 1 on your attack roll with a ray, or an opponent rolls a natural 20 on a save and the gun is already broken from that happening earlier. And even then, you don't lose the spell, it still happens, though if it was a ray, you missed anyway thanks to the natural one.

Picking up the ameture gunslinger feat for quick clear so you can fix your gun as a standard action is definitely worth the option.

Additionally, I've always liked the idea of trying out spellslinger wizard 1/cleric 19. The spellslinger archetype doesn't specify that you need to use wizard spell slots, and cleric gets a far better chassis for spellslinging, domains that you can use to grab bonus feats, medium bab, good fort/will, and a decent spell list to boot.