PDA

View Full Version : MS Paint Adventures (Homestuck) stuff

Sniccups
2017-12-25, 09:49 PM
So there isn't a thread for MSPA. Well, there is now. Hopefully there are other MSPA readers here.

I mainly posted this because there's so much stuff to compare to tabletop RPGs, which is something basically everyone here knows about. For example, what alignment would each of the kids be? John's NG and Dave is CN, but beyond that I don't really know. (This might be a bad example of things that we could do with this.)

(By the way, I'm not quite done with reading Homestuck. I've gotten to A6I3 so far.)

enderlord99
2017-12-25, 11:14 PM
(By the way, I'm not quite even two thirds of the way done with reading Homestuck. I've gotten to A6I3 so far.)

Fixed it for you!

Lord Raziere
2017-12-25, 11:36 PM
no Dave's CG. I'm pretty sure both Dave and Rose are CG, and Jade and John are NG.

Its the trolls that are CN for the most part. except Equius, he is LN. I can see an argument for Tavros and Kanaya being good though, and maybe Karkat being true neutral.

Sniccups
2017-12-26, 07:47 AM
Rose is in no way CG. I see her as more neutral. I agree about the trolls, though. Except maybe Gamzee. Gamzee varies between CN and CE over the course of the story. Also, would his obsession with the blood castes qualify Equius as more lawful than the others?

Edit: Enderlord, well, I guess that's true. But at least I know who Calliope & Caliborn are. Also, I took the time to read Problem Sleuth before beginning Homestuck. So, I'm about 5/8 of the way through Homestuck, but more like 7/10 of the way through MSPA as a whole. (And yes, I did read all of Jailbreak and Bard Quest. They were very short and not very good.)

Edit, again: Just reached A6I4. A6A3 was just one Flash. It's weird that the intermissions are sometimes longer than the acts.

Rater202
2017-12-26, 11:33 AM
It's not so much that Gamzee fluctuates between CN and CE as much as he has two personalities that are both unstable and prone to violent, CE behavior unless they're intergrated, which only happens when he's high off his ass on Sopor Slime.

He ran out of slime, his personalities unsynched and went psycho, and when Karkitty calmed him down his dominant personality decided that he didn't need to medicate anymore.

enderlord99
2017-12-26, 05:33 PM
They're all in depth characters for whom assigning a specific alignment label is overly-reductionist. Even Caliborn. Possibly even Equius, though he's pretty much LN.

BTW, how much have you thought about the name Eridan Ampora? It's roughly equivalent to a human having the last name Aidoion, which is the Ancient Greek word for... well...

"Ampora" is a word for something used to carry liquids in Ancient Greece. So y'know.

Lord Raziere
2017-12-26, 05:36 PM
They're all in depth characters for whom assigning a specific alignment label is overly-reductionist. Even Caliborn.

Well yeah, there is arguments to be made for all three evil alignments.

enderlord99
2017-12-26, 05:44 PM
Well yeah, there is arguments to be made for all three evil alignments.

Indeed. Also for the Pandemonium variety of Chaotic Neutral, though that's a bit of a stretch.

Rater202
2017-12-26, 05:49 PM
They're all in depth characters for whom assigning a specific alignment label is overly-reductionist. Even Caliborn. Possibly even Equius, though he's pretty much LN.

BTW, how much have you thought of the name Eridan Ampora? It's roughly equivalent to a human having the last name Aidoion, which is the Ancient Greek word for... well...

"Ampora" is a word for something used to carry liquids in Ancient Greece. So y'know.

The troll version of Photobucket must be completely differant from the human one.

Eriden's sign is Aquarius, right? The Water bringer?(Ironically not a Water sign that one)

He's also the one most obsessed with finding a matesprit and kismesis

Sniccups
2017-12-26, 08:21 PM
BTW, how much have you thought about the name Eridan Ampora? It's roughly equivalent to a human having the last name Aidoion, which is the Ancient Greek word for... well...

I had actually forgotten about the bucket thing. From a purely human perspective, trolls are so weird.
Edit:They have equivalents to human movies, so do they have the same for literature? Because I just remembered that the protagonist of Roald Dahl's Charlie and the Chocolate Factory is named Charlie Bucket.

Eridan used to be one of my favorite characters before he started trying to murder a bunch of people. Which I guess was not very long after he was introduced. For some reason, it took me a while to realize that.

Also, I spent quite a bit of today reading Homestuck. Just reached ARquiusprite's creation. Gamzee, what have you done? What with Tavrisprite, Erisolsprite, and ARquiusprite.. Gamzee is so weird. How did he even get to the post-scratch session, anyway? How did he get to Caliborn's session?! Don't tell me. I have a feeling that it will be revealed later. Or maybe I just missed it.

Also also, I just can't get over the line "You were human borth". Probably the funniest thing that Caliborn has said, and maybe ever will.
Edit: Never mind, he just said "borthright"

Sniccups
2017-12-26, 09:03 PM
Sorry about the double post, but... WHAT JUST HAPPENED?

So this is Trickster Mode. Jane got a completely silly outfit and started to make everything overly happy and silly, set to silly and yet also incredibly creepy music.

I have no idea what's going on anymore.

enderlord99
2017-12-26, 09:24 PM
Sorry about the double post, but... WHAT JUST HAPPENED?
How far along have you gotten?

So this is Trickster Mode. Jane got a completely silly outfit and started to make everything overly happy and silly, set to silly and yet also incredibly creepy music.
Well, that answers both of our questions!
EDIT: Trickster Mode is basically just supernatural drugs.

I have no idea what's going on anymore.
You lasted longer than most people do. Much longer, in fact!

Rater202
2017-12-26, 10:54 PM
Basically Trickster Mode is something that Cherups can use their Jujus to activate that literally forces them to get over their teenaged angst and emotional baggage.

Caliper and Caliborn, for their own reasons, gave their Jujus to the post Scratch kids... But Human Teenagers are not built psychologically the same way that Cherubs are, so trying to force themselves to get over their baggage doesn't work out as well as it does for Cherubs.

(I mean, Cherubs are a species that's concept of romance and reproduction is based entirely on pseudo-incestuous hatred and the subjugation of one's counterpart. By human standards they're more screwed up than the trolls.)

Lord Raziere
2017-12-26, 10:54 PM

worry not, its perfectly normal. If you did understand sniccups, we'd have to start suspecting you were a hyper-intelligent alien and kidnap you to interrogate you about how hyperdrives work and whatnot to advanced the technology of our civilization, because that is the only way anyone knows what going on in Homestuck on the first time around. :smalltongue:

Yuki Akuma
2017-12-26, 10:56 PM
Trickster Mode is a reference to a silly thing from way, way back in the story. Some of the early interactive pages had a secret mode that did... weird ****.

Also I didn't notice it the first time but... that shockwave causing half of her planet to be covered with plants probably has something to do with Jane's element being Life, doesn't it?

Sniccups
2017-12-27, 09:12 AM

I have had to use the MSPA wiki to explain some stuff. There are a few things that I'm still not clear on, like how the exiles (WV, PM, AR, and WQ) got to Earth in the first place.

Rater202
2017-12-27, 01:20 PM
I have had to use the MSPA wiki to explain some stuff. There are a few things that I'm still not clear on, like how the exiles (WV, PM, AR, and WQ) got to Earth in the first place.

The same portals to earth that the Kids went through, just set for the post-Sbrub Earth instead of various points in the past.

Sniccups
2017-12-28, 10:04 AM
Okay, the next link says [S] GAME OVER. Let's see what that's about.

WHOA.

The Condesce just smashed some planets together, and also killed half of the main cast, including Dave, who will not be coming back. All while John has a fistfight with Caliborn.

I can see why Hussie called it Game Over.

enderlord99
2017-12-28, 11:34 PM
Does anyone here play Darkest Dungeon with class-mods? I'm asking this thread because I ship Lamia <3< Shieldbreaker and I wanted to share that fact. I specified the "with class-mods" part because the Lamia is a mod-only class.

Sniccups
2018-01-02, 05:06 PM
So it turns out that over my holiday break, I spent literally 85-90% of my free time reading Homestuck. Therefore, I have finished it. [S] Collide was incredible.

enderlord99
2018-01-02, 05:15 PM
This is your periodicsporadic reminder that BOTH "destroyer" classes are involved in the conglomerate that is Lord English.

Ibrinar
2018-01-02, 05:34 PM
So there was a long hiatus at some point and afterwards I never bothered to catch up. Anyone remember at what point that was so I don't have to do binary search?

Rater202
2018-01-02, 06:51 PM
Uh, I think there were two or three of those. You should be more specific.

Also, I think in the previous MSPA thread we came to the conclusion that Lord English was the Sburb equivalent of Pun-Pun.

enderlord99
2018-01-02, 07:35 PM
Also, I think in the previous MSPA thread we came to the conclusion that Lord English was the Sburb equivalent of Pun-Pun.

That's an over-simplification, but in terms of power...

Rater202
2018-01-02, 08:16 PM
That's an over-simplification, but in terms of power...

He's a nigh-omnipotent being born from a combination of technically legal but horrifically unfair rules exploits who could only be beaten by a specific, differant combination of rules exploits.

Exactly like Punpun.

enderlord99
2018-01-03, 01:27 AM
He's a nigh-omnipotent being born from a combination of technically legal but horrifically unfair rules exploits who could only be beaten by a specific, differant combination of rules exploits.

Exactly like Punpun.

...Wait, there's a "specific, different combination of rules exploits" that can beat Pun-pun?

tonberrian
2018-01-03, 02:05 AM
...Wait, there's a "specific, different combination of rules exploits" that can beat Pun-pun?

There was a level 4 infinite build that could gank Pun-Pun before he got to level 5 and thus apotheosis, IIRC.

But that was before Pun-Pun was a level 1 Paladin with a Candle of Invocation.

Sniccups
2018-01-04, 05:24 PM
Thing I just thought of: if the kids & trolls played D&D, whose character would be most optimized?

Lord Raziere
2018-01-04, 05:25 PM
Thing I just thought of: if the kids & trolls played D&D, whose character would be most optimized?

/automatically: Vriska.

enderlord99
2018-01-06, 12:41 AM

Absolutely.

Also, assuming this takes place after the main story in Universe C, the DM would probably be...
DavepetaSprite^2Unless Lord English killed them in Collide; it wasn't clear.

Rater202
2018-01-06, 03:20 AM
So... Shipping!

I ship Davekat. Who agrees with me and who do I need to beat the stupid out of?

Lord Raziere
2018-01-06, 03:52 AM
So... Shipping!

I'd rather ship KarkatxNepeta and DavexTerezi

FOIT ME I SWEAR ON ME MUM, MOM EVEREST.

I GOT MY CHAINSWORDKIND ABSTRACTUS, COME AT ME YA GROT.

:smallfurious::smalltongue:

enderlord99
2018-01-06, 03:57 AM
So... Shipping!

I'd rather ship KarkatxNepeta and DavexTerezi

FOIT ME I SWEAR ON ME MUM, MOM EVEREST.

I GOT MY CHAINSWORDKIND ABSTRACTUS, COME AT ME YA GROT.

:smallfurious::smalltongue:

Rater's ship and Raziere's first ship are both stupid. Assuming "x" means "<3" that last one is almost canon, and I certainly agree with it.

EDIT: I also have a Leprechaun romance (https://www.reddit.com/r/homestuck/comments/2nlz70/leprechaun_culture_and_romance_theory_you_asked/) ship between a Carapacian and a Cherub, even though they've canonically never met. I'm not joking.

Specifically, it's Calliope's Mother clover-gold-balloon PM.

Rater202
2018-01-06, 04:07 AM
Actually no, DavexTerezi basically didn't happen in the post John Retcon timeline and it imploded to Dave not being able to handle Terezi's abusive Kissmessitude with Gamzee. Was teased, butnot canon.

Meanwhile, in the post-retcon timeline, we have implications that Dave ht be gay, claims by a third party(IIRC Rose) that claims that either Dave or Karkat are already in a relationship with someone(Forget which one) and the montage that catches us up on the Retcon timeline shows Dave and Karkat hanging out and being besties up to and including cuddling on a couch.

enderlord99
2018-01-06, 04:14 AM
Actually no, DavexTerezi basically didn't happen in the post John Retcon timeline and it imploded to Dave not being able to handle Terezi's abusive Kissmessitude with Gamzee. Was teased, butnot canon.

Do you know what the word "almost" means?

EDIT: Sorry, that was a bit more aggressive than it should have been. I don't have a better way to phrase it, though.

Rater202
2018-01-06, 04:16 AM
Do you know what the word "almost" means?

Almost canon would indicate that it was possible in canon.

The ship was sunk in canon. It was teased, they tried it, and it didn't work out.

enderlord99
2018-01-06, 04:17 AM
Almost canon would indicate that it was possible in canon.

The ship was sunk in canon. It was teased, they tried it, and it didn't work out.

Oh. I must have just misremembered, then.

What do you think of my trove-ship?

keybounce
2018-01-06, 11:38 AM
who or what is punpun?

enderlord99
2018-01-06, 02:05 PM
who or what is punpun?

A D&D character-build.

Lord Raziere
2018-01-08, 08:33 AM
By the way:

if anyone is interested in stupid nonsensical homestuck quiz/zodiac sign stuff, I've found The Extended Zodiac (http://hs.hiveswap.com/ezodiac/index.php) the official personality quiz thing from the creators of homestuck/hiveswap themselves, tells you troll sign, which moon and aspect, but doesn't do class.

I took it and got Gold sign, Prospit and Light Aspect. Ironically I dislike the color yellow, despite all three of being yellow.

I've played Hiveswap Act 1 by the way, its real good with only minimal references to Homestuck, like they are there, and its clearly the same universe, but they're not all that important to the story being told, and its interesting to see trolls and humans interacting without the game itself getting in the way.

though its clear that the cherubs are somehow involved in this, given that the portal that transfers between Alternia and Earth are designed to fit with their aesthetics and motifs. Is this all somehow apart of Caliborn's plan as well? he does seem to like making all his plans unnecessarily convoluted....heck the entire story of Homestuck is essentially his unnecessarily convoluted narrative leading to his inevitable rise and victory, only thwarted by escaping the story itself.

lets just hope that the Hiveswap characters don't end up being caught in that and dying from the inevitable dooms that are going to befall their universes.

Rater202
2018-01-08, 09:23 AM
http://hs.hiveswap.com/ezodiac/images/truesigns/sign_04_17.png

Cansces. Lime, Derse, Life.

Also pretty sure I'm still a Page based on how my answers made me feel, so...

enderlord99
2018-01-08, 11:49 AM
Does anyone else think that if they met (and were both capable of it, which is even more of a stretch) Calliope's mother would clover-gold-balloon (https://www.reddit.com/r/homestuck/comments/2nlz70/leprechaun_culture_and_romance_theory_you_asked/) PM?

Sniccups
2018-01-09, 03:37 PM
Does anyone else think that if they met (and were both capable of it, which is even more of a stretch) Calliope's mother would clover-gold-balloon (https://www.reddit.com/r/homestuck/comments/2nlz70/leprechaun_culture_and_romance_theory_you_asked/) PM?

Despite the fact that we have no idea of the specifics of Calliope's mother's personality?

By the way, I'm a Virpia (Jade/Derse/Light)

enderlord99
2018-01-13, 06:52 PM
Despite the fact that we have no idea of the specifics of Calliope's mother's personality?

By the way, I'm a Virpia (Jade/Derse/Light)

I'm also Derse/Light!

Sniccups
2018-01-13, 07:31 PM
I'm also Derse/Light!

What color?

enderlord99
2018-01-13, 08:12 PM
What color?

Well, the quiz didn't actually tell me that (instead having me guess at the very beginning) but gold's description seems to fit me, so that's what I guessed.

In other words, I'm probably Gempia (http://hs.hiveswap.com/ezodiac/truesign.php?TS=Gempia).

Rater202
2018-01-13, 08:48 PM
Well, the quiz didn't actually tell me that (instead having me guess at the very beginning) but gold's description seems to fit me, so that's what I guessed.

In other words, I'm probably Gempia (http://hs.hiveswap.com/ezodiac/truesign.php?TS=Gempia).

You're suppose to use your actual birth sign.

Like, I'm a Cancer, so I chose lime.

Also, quiz confirms that Karkat would have been a limeblood without his mutation.

enderlord99
2018-01-13, 10:08 PM
You're suppose to use your actual birth sign.

I don't know it, though. I mean, I'm pretty sure I'm "the rat" in the Chinese Zodiac, but I haven't a clue for the Western one.

EDIT: Just looked it up. My guess happened to be correct. :smalleek:

Also, I took the test twice and got different Lunar Sway between them (though Light aspect both times.) I just stated Derse above because its description made slightly more sense to me.

ION: If you prototyped a kernelsprite with an unhatched cherub egg (which had presumably been smashed beforehand, seeing as kernelsprites prefer dead things) how exactly do you think the sprite would end up?

Sniccups
2018-01-16, 05:15 PM
How would you ever get a cherub egg to prototype with?

I imagine dealing with a split-personality sprite, Black Queen, and Black King would be ... interesting.

enderlord99
2018-01-17, 12:15 AM

I dunno... WPS maybe?

LoneStarNorth
2018-01-17, 12:31 AM

Shenanigans.

enderlord99
2018-01-18, 11:10 PM
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41V%2BKWWlKrL._SY300_.jpg

Sniccups
2018-01-20, 08:28 PM
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/i/41v%2bkwwlkrl._sy300_.jpg

Why did you post that!?

enderlord99
2018-01-20, 11:45 PM
Why did you post that!?

Because it's also funny..?

Lord Raziere
2018-01-21, 12:00 AM
Because it's also funny..?

Kankri is triggered by your image. :smalltongue: He will come and endlessly announce trigger warnings and such at you. Fear his sermons!

Sniccups
2018-01-21, 08:27 AM
Is it weird that I actually read through all of Kankri's dialogue in Openbound?

Lord Raziere
2018-01-21, 04:07 PM
Is it weird that I actually read through all of Kankri's dialogue in Openbound?

even the very small bits of text no one can actually read done for the sake of the joke? or just the normal text? cause I don't think the latter is weird, its just takes patience.

if you did read the little text however if you can do that would be weird because I never heard of a way to do that and would like to know how you did that so I can see what he said. for curiosity's sake.

enderlord99
2018-01-23, 03:49 PM
The "Man from Nantucket" limerick is pretty much exactly as dirty to trolls as it is to humans.

Sniccups
2018-01-28, 06:48 PM
Just realized:

It's possible for a player to be the Mage of Rage, the Page of Rage, or the Knight of Light.

Also the Thief of Time, which would be an excellent Discworld reference.

I wonder what the powers of a Thief of Time would be. How would "stealing time" even work?

Lord Raziere
2018-01-28, 07:19 PM
Just realized:

It's possible for a player to be the Mage of Rage, the Page of Rage, or the Knight of Light.

Also the Thief of Time, which would be an excellent Discworld reference.

I wonder what the powers of a Thief of Time would be. How would "stealing time" even work?

perhaps simply stealing years from people making them age while your lifespan is lengthened and you remain young. just steal an imp's time and boom they fall to dust.

or stealing someone's PLACE in time, like switching places with someone in a different time so you can be there instead of them. basically stealing someone's MOMENT. you can say they.....SEIZE THE DAY.

or basically stealing a big chunk of the length of time something occurs, when that thing is really long, so that it happens earlier than usual. Say you have something that takes hours to cook, you can steal time from the oven to make it like, a few minutes.

Rater202
2018-01-28, 08:01 PM

「ZA WARUDO」

Or, if you prefer, Time Alter/Cronos Rose, or Time Leap, or Time Out, or just Time Stop: You steal time by freezing it for everybody but yourself.

Sniccups
2018-02-02, 05:18 PM
「ZA WARUDO」

Or, if you prefer, Time Alter/Cronos Rose, or Time Leap, or Time Out, or just Time Stop: You steal time by freezing it for everybody but yourself.

Makes sense.

Here's one thing that I really don't get right now: how did the Felt get to Alternia? I've been trying to figure it out for weeks.

Rater202
2018-02-02, 05:30 PM
Makes sense.

Here's one thing that I really don't get right now: how did the Felt get to Alternia? I've been trying to figure it out for weeks.

Remember, Caliborn's Leprechaun minions were a reward for clearing parts of the Dead Game he ended up in.

There's really no indication that you don't get to keep your powers and swag when the Game's over.

And since Lord English is already here, logically, so would his swag, which includes the Felt.

enderlord99
2018-02-02, 05:59 PM
What is it with Prospit-dreaming humans and names that start with J, anyway?

Rater202
2018-02-02, 06:09 PM
What is it with Prospit-dreaming humans and names that start with J, anyway?

Considering that they're all immediate blood relatives of each other? Family theme naming.

enderlord99
2018-02-02, 06:12 PM
I think some of you might appreciate this Twitter post. (https://twitter.com/41Strange/status/963869476612587520) It's about the Victorian era!

Beans
2018-03-10, 09:04 AM
Hopefully not too much of a bunp, but if anyone's interested in a SBURB RPG, Konatsat and I are trying to get players and a DM for one (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?553188-SBURB-Homestuck-RPG).

enderlord99
2018-03-19, 04:06 PM
I have some ideas for a fanfic, but one of the things I want to include is hard to reconcile with the rest:

The problem I have is that I want to include a Land of Watery Graves and Radon, but then the session is Void which means it's also Null.

No, wait... I can work with this. The session in which I planned to include this planet is also the only one involved in the story which CAN be Null without messing anything up.

Devils_Advocate
2018-04-27, 09:56 PM
They're all in depth characters for whom assigning a specific alignment label is overly-reductionist.
I feel like Lawful Evil fits Doc Scratch really well. He definitely fits the stereotypes: superficially polite, not technically lying, getting others to do his dirty work. I feel like he generally does seem to work within rules, and he does so in a needlessly cruel way. (Given Scratch's level of power and knowledge, there must be a stunning breadth of ways in which he could have accomplished his schemes, and given this many of his particular choices seem to have unnecessary suffering as a secondary goal.)

Stealthy and deadly Drow Assassin, maybe? I imagine that killing everyone before they even see you and then taking all their stuff is pretty optimal as far as Vriska is concerned.

(Drow because spiders.)

So... Shipping!
I ship Nepeta/Meulin shippers. Because you can never get too meta.

Think: How long did you spend reading Homestuck?

Now multiply that by everyone who read all the way through.

Hussie has joked about being the Waste of Space, but the truth is that he was the Thief of Time all along.

Lord Raziere
2018-04-27, 10:39 PM
Stealthy and deadly Drow Assassin, maybe? I imagine that killing everyone before they even see you and then taking all their stuff is pretty optimal as far as Vriska is concerned.

(Drow because spiders.)

Vriska? Stealthy? Nah. She'd be an Enchantment Wizard using Dominate minds, Divination and gleefully going around scry-and-dying all the bosses she can.

the only possible competition she'd have is Caliborn in my mind. but Caliborn isn't as good of an optimizer, because while he does have an ethic of hard work and the will to make something very powerful, he intentionally takes the most tedious, convoluted and hardest route to get there and most of it is the power of his classpect anyways, so Caliborn has a resource that Vriska doesn't and is just achieving the power he has had all along, while Vriska finds clever ways to punch above her weight and make things happen on more limited resources while Caliborn's entire journey is him fighting his way to get to the cheat code the game hands to him through pure stubbornness and anger.

Like I simply can't imagine Caliborn winning against Vriska in a fair fight. He'd pick barbarian or something like that so that can wreck whatever he wants, put all his stats into maxing Strength and Constitution, then Vriska would show him how meaningless that is with some spell combo she figured out that defeats him easily because he is too focused on force to try and do clever workarounds on his own.

enderlord99
2018-05-02, 12:27 AM
Anyone here played the obscure roguelite Hand of Fate 2? I find that its villain, Kallas, is a lot like Caliborn in terms of personality. Certainly not identical, though, mind you.

Anarchic Fox
2018-06-15, 01:35 PM
Anyone here played the obscure roguelite Hand of Fate 2? I find that its villain, Kallas, is a lot like Caliborn in terms of personality. Certainly not identical, though, mind you.

No, but I've heard of it... and combining abject evil with tabletop pettiness sounds about right for Caliborn's personality.

enderlord99
2018-06-16, 01:37 AM
No, but I've heard of it... and combining abject evil with tabletop pettiness sounds about right for Caliborn's personality.

Nonono, I wasn't talking about the Dealer. I was talking about another guy, known as Kallas the Usurper, who...

Well, I'd rather not spoil it. This is getting off-topic anyway.