PDA

View Full Version : www.3eprofiler.net is gone

plugsy
2007-08-22, 04:41 AM
It seems to have vanished, anyone know why??

Can anyone else access it, I've been trying for 4 hours.

Myth-Weavers is offline too, and thats run by the same people, anyone know anything???

Whats going to happen in game threads which use it for character sheets.

Reinboom
2007-08-22, 04:48 AM
Which profiler? The scripts are open source, and there are a ton of them. I even host a profiler on my website.
http://rpgwebprofiler.net/ (the main one) is still up
http://www.thetangledweb.net/profiler/index.php (a commonly used one) is also still up
and mine is definately still running.

plugsy
2007-08-22, 04:53 AM
I am familiar with all you say.

I meant www.3eprofiler.net

EDIT: I've edited the title to be more clear, if your sheets are already stored there you are gonna have probs. (well if like me you don't keep printouts).

ForzaFiori
2007-08-22, 05:10 AM
i seem to recall 3eprofiler.net going down for a while sometime last year, though with my memory, i could be wrong.

anyway, they could just be taking the site down for some modifications, or they forgot to pay for their domain or something.

OverdrivePrime
2007-08-22, 07:54 AM
Nah, 3eProfiler went down early this year after a 1 month warning announcement. The parties in charge made it so that you could download the XML files of your various characters which are then easy to upload to other _____profiler sites since the good 3eProfiler people released their source code. Just about every group of gamers I know has *someone* they know who's got a profiler site hosted now. It really is a marvelous program.

I'm a lousy programmer, but I'm still trying to figure out how to replicate its functionality for Immortal 3rd edition, because those character sheets confuse the flip out of my players.

mudbunny
2007-08-22, 10:31 AM
Last night, Myth-Weavers started having problems with their server, or at least problems were popping up when I was using the site. SO it is possible that their server has gone kerplutz overnight.

plugsy
2007-08-22, 01:02 PM
I was wondering mudbunny, it was actually going really slow on me 36 hours ago, I was just hoping that posting in a few places might elicit some reliable info and whats happening.

It's been off for more than fourteen hours now and that seems a long time to not even get a holding announcement page.

I don't know what their server arrangements are but you'd think it'd be possible to put somthing up in 14 hours. Just plug the worlds oldest laptop in could handle serving a age that says what the problem is and when they hope to be back.:smallamused:

mudbunny
2007-08-22, 06:47 PM
Based on what I see when I go to Myth-weavers.com right now, it appears that their host upgraded/changed their server software. That might have borked something.

plugsy
2007-08-22, 09:33 PM
I've just checked it out again and things seem to be improveing. At least apache is now responding that it can't find a path that sshould be there. It seems as though a rebuild is under way but it's gonna be a while before all the data is restored.

mudbunny
2007-08-23, 08:20 AM
Well, it's back up now. Apparently their host lost a disk, so it required replacing.

If you are having trouble logging in, try clearing your cookies and cache.

As you may have noticed, we lost our system disk. Our hosts have put in a new one, but being new it has none of the custom modifications I put on it over the last year.

Amongst other things, it is not currently doing any backups.

Also, the new disk only has one IP instead of the 4 we are supposed to have. Until this is fixed it will cause problems with the nameserver, so you may get "site unreachable" messages every now and then until it is fixed.

Reinboom
2007-08-23, 06:15 PM
I would generally wish to remind everyone to back up their characters anyways. On all profilers (unless you own it personally, then just back up your SQL databases).
:smalltongue: