PDA

View Full Version : Let’s remake the shifter. (Pathfinder)

Edgeoftheabbys
2017-12-26, 04:49 AM
There seems to be many complaints about the class shifter but I haven’t seen anybody actively take on the challenge of making the class function properly. So lets work as a community of pathfinder fans to rebuild it to what it should be.

- Remember to read what has been previously said by other people on the thread and to discus the changes that other people have made

- Remember that we aren’t trying to make something thats broken but that fits in with the pathfinder system.

- please try to keep the original flavour of the class.

Once discussion on this thread has died down I’ll write up all of the stuff here and make it into a pdf for easy comprehension. If anyone has any suggestions for templates that can make it look like the pages on the pathfinder book please let me know (along the lines of Homebrewery for 5e).

My first personal suggestion is giving them a class feature that allows them to take any feet with the wild shape descripor so long as their wisdom is 13 (they still have to meet any other requirements, but if it calls for a higher wisdom score they don’t have to meet it).

Lemmy
2017-12-26, 07:05 AM
A quick and dirty fix is giving them the Druid's Wild Shape progression, but allowing them to turn back and forth between their animal/plant/elemental shape and their original one without spending uses of WS. Then, every few levels (4 or 5), let them do it to an additional shape (e.g.: an 8th level Shifter could freely change between human, tiger and bird using a single use of WS). That way the Shifter can actually do cool stuff like turning into a mouse to unlock a door from inside without wasting his uses of WS on something that only takes a couple rounds.

Other nice changes would be increasing the Aspects' duration to "Permanent" and giving Shifters a few bonus feats; Starting with "Wild Speech" at 2nd level and a new Combat feat every 4 or 5 levels.

stack
2017-12-26, 10:24 PM
Should be on the 3.5/pathfinder subforum. The OP can self-report and request the thread be moved.