PDA

View Full Version : Interesting idea need some help with

Hunterx
2017-12-26, 04:09 PM
Hello playground.
I had an interesting idea come across my head while thinking of a replacement char because I'm sure my DM is tired of my charging shield bashing fighter and I have a feeling he will die soon.

So here is the build as it stands.
Lesser Aasimar Paladin 4
Running 2 flaws for a total of four feats
Shield specialization shield ward skill knowledge religion X
The idea is to go into divine oracle for at the least 2 levels but 10 is not out of the question. With his high Cha would like to get into marshal maybe with dragon touched for some fun aura play.

Stats were rolled and came out as
Str 16 Dex 14 Con 16 int 14 Wis 17 and Cha 18
After racial and 1 stat level for 4 wis and Cha are both 20 this is to give the char 2 div spells for divine oracle.

Locked into Paladin but not locked into much more then that.
But what are your thoughts on it any way to do it better
Was looking at the pious Templer to just not sure

Hunterx
2018-01-06, 04:56 PM
39 views not one single idea or comment thanks guys.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2018-01-06, 05:22 PM
Cloistered Cleric 1/ Paladin 19, you don't need any prestige classes.

Replace your free Knowledge domain with Knowledge Devotion. Your other two domains should include Inquisition, and the other can be replaced with Law Devotion if you prefer, otherwise pick something with a good domain power. Put at least one rank in every Knowledge skill that's used to identify a creature type (Arcana, Dungeoneering, Local, Nature, Religion, the Planes) and you'll always get at least +1 to attack and damage against every opponent.

Take the feat Divine Defiance in FCII, it allows you to spend a (Cleric) Turn Undead use to attempt a Counterspell as an immediate action, so you won't need to ready an action ahead of time.

Make the character a Dragonborn of Bahamut if you're interested in using draconic auras. In that case get the Heart aspect and take Entangling Exhalation.

Trade your Paladin Turn Undead ability for Divine Counterspell in CM, it's boosted by the Inquisition domain power and be sure you have five Knowledge: Arcana skill ranks for a +2 synergy bonus.

Trade your special mount for either Underdark Knight in CC for utility, or Charging Smite in PH2 for damage.

Charging Smite adds an additional two damage per Paladin level to your Smite Evil when it's used as part of a charge. For Charging Smite use Power Attack and a two-handed weapon, and prepare Rhino's Rush in all your 1st level Paladin spell slots (you can get the Wrath domain to prepare those in your Cleric slots as well). Get a pile of 1st level Pearls of Power to recover your Rhino's Rush spells between encounters.

At 6th level (Cloistered Cleric 1/ Paladin 5), with a +1 Greatsword and Armbands of Might (MIC) with +2 Str added (MIC p234), your charge attack will be as follows:
Power Attack for -5, +12 damage (two-handed and Armbands of Might)
BAB +5, +4 Str, +2 Charge, +4 Cha Smite, -5 Power Attack, +1 weapon, +1 Knowledge Devotion = +12
2d6+8 (Str, weapon bonus, Knowledge Devotion), +12 Power Attack, +5 Smite Evil, +10 Charging Smite = 2d6+35
Rhino's Rush makes that 4d6+70
If your weapon is Valorous (UE) or you get a critical hit, that's instead 6d6+105

Underdark Knight adds amazing utility and mobility. You can still be fantastic at counterspelling when needed, debuffing opponents with Entangling Exhalation, supporting your party with auras, and using your low level spells for utility. Keep in mind that just one level of Cleric allows you to use wands of every Cleric spell.

Vizzerdrix
2018-01-06, 05:23 PM
39 views not one single idea or comment thanks guys.

Everyone went book diving. Give em a day or so. Someone always resurfaces with something good.

Hunterx
2018-01-11, 09:14 PM
Everyone went book diving. Give em a day or so. Someone always resurfaces with something good.

That is fair I gues

Hunterx
2018-01-11, 09:22 PM
Cloistered Cleric 1/ Paladin 19, you don't need any prestige classes.

Replace your free Knowledge domain with Knowledge Devotion. Your other two domains should include Inquisition, and the other can be replaced with Law Devotion if you prefer, otherwise pick something with a good domain power. Put at least one rank in every Knowledge skill that's used to identify a creature type (Arcana, Dungeoneering, Local, Nature, Religion, the Planes) and you'll always get at least +1 to attack and damage against every opponent.

Take the feat Divine Defiance in FCII, it allows you to spend a (Cleric) Turn Undead use to attempt a Counterspell as an immediate action, so you won't need to ready an action ahead of time.

Make the character a Dragonborn of Bahamut if you're interested in using draconic auras. In that case get the Heart aspect and take Entangling Exhalation.

Trade your Paladin Turn Undead ability for Divine Counterspell in CM, it's boosted by the Inquisition domain power and be sure you have five Knowledge: Arcana skill ranks for a +2 synergy bonus.

Trade your special mount for either Underdark Knight in CC for utility, or Charging Smite in PH2 for damage.

Charging Smite adds an additional two damage per Paladin level to your Smite Evil when it's used as part of a charge. For Charging Smite use Power Attack and a two-handed weapon, and prepare Rhino's Rush in all your 1st level Paladin spell slots (you can get the Wrath domain to prepare those in your Cleric slots as well). Get a pile of 1st level Pearls of Power to recover your Rhino's Rush spells between encounters.

At 6th level (Cloistered Cleric 1/ Paladin 5), with a +1 Greatsword and Armbands of Might (MIC) with +2 Str added (MIC p234), your charge attack will be as follows:
Power Attack for -5, +12 damage (two-handed and Armbands of Might)
BAB +5, +4 Str, +2 Charge, +4 Cha Smite, -5 Power Attack, +1 weapon, +1 Knowledge Devotion = +12
2d6+8 (Str, weapon bonus, Knowledge Devotion), +12 Power Attack, +5 Smite Evil, +10 Charging Smite = 2d6+35
Rhino's Rush makes that 4d6+70
If your weapon is Valorous (UE) or you get a critical hit, that's instead 6d6+105

Underdark Knight adds amazing utility and mobility. You can still be fantastic at counterspelling when needed, debuffing opponents with Entangling Exhalation, supporting your party with auras, and using your low level spells for utility. Keep in mind that just one level of Cleric allows you to use wands of every Cleric spell.

That sounds like something I wou,d like to play and that is because I did and the DM killed it off because it was to strong. So I need to make so ething that looks weak but is in reality going to make the DM pull out his hair when I use it. This is why the evasion in heavy armour is there. For the Prestige class. He likes to use aoe against us.

The marshal is one of my fav classes because it is different net it is support without the spell.

I could always go the dervish two weapon fighting killing machine for a Melee killer and a tone of attacks. But I want different.