PDA

View Full Version : WW/Mafia Shadows Over Innsmouth (completed)

Requilac
2017-12-26, 09:45 PM
We begin the scene within the mostly ruined town of innsmouth during the 1910’s. Far away, the Great War is raging on, so the government has placed rations on all the resources though. But they never did give enough to feed the people of innsmouth, so starvation and poverty have taken hold. One citizen though prayed for relief and was answered back by a dark force by the name of Dagon. The mad god offered to massively increase the population of fish in the area as to provide Innsmouth with food, and the citizen accepted. But this agreement would come with a price, for that villager would never be the same. Every night the poor citizen is destined to turn into a disgusting half-fish humanoid with a thirst for human blood, driven by insanity and delirium and named a deep one. Sightings of these creatures have been all around the town, and the bodies are already beginning to stack up. A pall is hanging over innsmouth as the deep one’s terror spreads and Dagon invades the minds of the populace, searching to expand his army. Fellow citizens, move as one and arm up to exterminate this threat, before you are the one to be slaughtered!

The citizens will win if they manage to kill all of the deep ones, but the deep ones will win if they manage to gain a higher population than the players. Please be aware that we will be starting out with only 2-3 deep ones; the reason for that shall be revealed later in the rules.

Citizen: you behave as normally and only make lynch votes, no night actions are available to you.

Hunter: There will only be one hunter in the group. You are on the side of the citizens and effectively count as one, but you are more powerful than the rest. For you have studied the grim art of combat and have the capability to kill a deep one. No one except for you will be aware that you are the hunter , although you may reveal that you are the hunter to the group if you wish. Whenever you do this I will confirm that you are the hunter to the rest of the group. Every night phase you may choose any one target, which may be yourself, that you believe will be attacked by a deep one. If that target is attacked by the deep ones, than there is a 50% chance that a single attacking deep one dies. This does not prevent the deep ones from killing their target though, it only makes them possibly pay for it afterwards.

Deep one: during the day you pretend to be a normal citizen, but by night you are working against the villagers on Dagon’s behalf. There are two possible ways to become a deep one; you are either chosen to be one before the game begins or you lynched an innocent citizen and were the one chosen to be afflicted with insanity because of it (see day phase for more information on this subject). If the hunter is turned into a deep one than their former role is revoked and replaced with the deep one role. Whenever you become a deep one you will be sent a PM telling you who all the other deep ones are. Every night each deep one will choose three targets they wish to be killed via a PM to me in a sort of secret vote where they will be unaware what the other deep ones are voting. Whoever receives the most votes in this manner will be effectively removed from the game. If there is a ever a tie the first person to reach that many votes shall be night killed.

As usual, a turn will be separated into two phases.

The first is the day phase which happens from dawn until dusk in game time, but will actually last 48 hours in real life time. During this time, the players will all vote on who they wish to lynch. If you change your vote, edit your post and strike through your previous vote. Whoever has the most votes will be lynched. If there is a tie, the person who reached that number of votes first will be the one who is lynched. You can always decide to not vote to Lynch anyone. Be careful who you decide to lynch though, for Dagon is crawling within your minds seeking to drive you insane with the guilt of your deeds. If you accidentally lynch a fellow citizen who is not a deep one than one randomly decided citizen who voted for the incorrect victim will be turned into a deep one, beggining during the upcoming night phase (under the conditions that is possible). If a player fails to post for two day phases, than they shall be automatically killed.

The next phase shall be the night phase which lasts from dusk until dawn in game time, but 24 hours in real life time. During this time, the deep ones and hunter will declare their night actions via a PM to me. Once this phase has ended I will state the results of the night and the names of any players who have died, but I will not state what their roles where nor how they died. We will then revert back to the day phase and re-do this process until the game ends.

I will be accepting any number of players between 6-12. We will officially begin the game either when a week have passed since anyone signed up under the conditions we have at least six people, or when 12 people have signed up we shall automatically begin.

Because i was utilizing several experimental new game features, I play-tested them to make sure they were balanced. I conducted the game five different times with nine players in every test. Unfortunately, I do not have a table to work with so the following results were made in a theoretical test. I would randomly roll to determine who was lynched, who was night-killed and who the hunter would protect. Based on the results below, the game seems to be balanced. Here are the outcomes of all the different play test games.

game 1) lasted five rounds, ended in a tie (possible using this rule-set under very strange circumstances)
game 2) lasted three rounds, deep ones won
game 3) lasted four rounds, citizens won
game 4) lasted four rounds, citizens won
game 5) lasted three rounds, deep ones won

-basket of puppies
-Rocks fall
-Kish
-Ramsus
-Kgato
-Ronnoc
-super345
-Xihirli
-duck 999
-logic

BasketOfPuppies
2017-12-27, 06:17 PM
Sure, I’ll join.

Requilac
2017-12-27, 06:23 PM
Sure, I’ll join.

Do you have any questions about gameplay mechanics before we begin?

BasketOfPuppies
2017-12-27, 08:12 PM
Do you have any questions about gameplay mechanics before we begin?

None yet, I’ll think of it.

Rocks_Fall
2017-12-27, 08:15 PM
Count me in!

Kish
2017-12-27, 09:55 PM
I'm interested in this.

Ramsus
2017-12-27, 10:56 PM
I'll play. I'll note that with a larger sized group of players these rules are almost guaranteed to result in deep one victory. I can understand why that won't always be the case with nine-ish people.

Requilac
2017-12-27, 11:19 PM
I'll play. I'll note that with a larger sized group of players these rules are almost guaranteed to result in deep one victory. I can understand why that won't always be the case with nine-ish people.

Why would the deep ones always win in a group larger than 12 people? It is kind of irrelevant i suppose seeing as how this game is not getting any more than 12 people, but just out of curiosity, what causes you to believe that?

Ramsus
2017-12-28, 02:27 AM
There's basically more time and thus more chances for the deep ones to grow in number in a longer game. There's a chance each phase for them to gain a member. The way they gain members in the night gives them twice the advantage of simply eliminating a player from the opposing faction and does so in a way that denies town any useful information. The way they gain members from mislynches basically guarantees they get a few early on when there are more people to choose from early on and gives them increased chances later on as they control more and more votes and requires town always be paranoid about absolutely everyone no matter how much they have played as good members of town prior to the current day phase.
Basically the deep ones have a growing numbers advantage and town has an information disadvantage, neither of which are minor in scale.

And to top it off...the Hunter's chances of guessing the correct target for the night reduce drastically the more players there are.

kgato503
2017-12-28, 03:45 AM
This looks like it could be fun, I'm in!

Questions: The rules state that "You can always decide to not vote to Lynch anyone" and "If a player fails to vote for two day phases, than they shall be automatically killed." Can you vote to have no lynches? And would that actually count for a day vote? Or, must a vote always be to lynch someone? Also, do the Citizens have any information gathering powers, other than the hunter revealing themselves? (Pretty sure the answer on that last one is a "No", but I wanted to double check)

Requilac
2017-12-28, 06:09 AM
This looks like it could be fun, I'm in!

Questions: The rules state that "You can always decide to not vote to Lynch anyone" and "If a player fails to vote for two day phases, than they shall be automatically killed." Can you vote to have no lynches? And would that actually count for a day vote? Or, must a vote always be to lynch someone? Also, do the Citizens have any information gathering powers, other than the hunter revealing themselves? (Pretty sure the answer on that last one is a "No", but I wanted to double check)

What I meant to say is that if you fail to post anything for two day phases than you will be lynched. That was meant to weed out inactive players, not kill off the neutral ones. You can decide to vote for no lynch an infinite amount of times without being killed, so long as you make a post declaring that. And the citizens do not have any information gathering powers really, no seer or anything like that. I decided against it for this game.

- - - Updated - - -

There's basically more time and thus more chances for the deep ones to grow in number in a longer game. There's a chance each phase for them to gain a member. The way they gain members in the night gives them twice the advantage of simply eliminating a player from the opposing faction and does so in a way that denies town any useful information. The way they gain members from mislynches basically guarantees they get a few early on when there are more people to choose from early on and gives them increased chances later on as they control more and more votes and requires town always be paranoid about absolutely everyone no matter how much they have played as good members of town prior to the current day phase.
Basically the deep ones have a growing numbers advantage and town has an information disadvantage, neither of which are minor in scale.

And to top it off...the Hunter's chances of guessing the correct target for the night reduce drastically the more players there are.

Oh yes that makes sense. Part of that was intentional though, the sense of paranoia among the villagers certainly was at the very least. I cannot really imagine this ever being applied to a larger group to be completely honest, but it is still good to know. Thank you.

Ronnoc
2017-12-28, 02:54 PM
Ia Ia Cthulu Ftaghn!

er, I mean I'm in.

Requilac
2017-12-28, 03:04 PM
Ia Ia Cthulu Ftaghn!

er, I mean I'm in.

Welcome! OGTHROD AI’F GEB’L-EE’H YOG-SOTHOTH ‘NGAH’NG AI’Y ZHRO!

super345
2018-01-02, 01:30 PM
This seems fun. I'll join.

Xihirli
2018-01-05, 05:15 PM
I am down to do some murdering.
Unless I’m not supposed to.

Requilac
2018-01-05, 05:20 PM

This is a game of WW, if you did not murder someone than it defies the spirit of the game. It does not really matter Whether this be through lynching or night kills, murder is murder after all.

Ramsus
2018-01-05, 08:20 PM

Where possible, please refrain from murdering other players and their characters in non-werewolf games.

Requilac
2018-01-05, 08:25 PM
Where possible, please refrain from murdering other players and their characters in non-werewolf games.

Try to reframe from murdering the people playing those characters in real life too. Unless, of course, the rules of the game condone it. In this case they don't.

... Yet

Duck999
2018-01-06, 11:57 AM
I'll play.

Just a warning, though, I'm a bit busier than usual, and I'm already not the most active player by a long shot. I'll give it a shot though.

Logic
2018-01-08, 11:47 AM
User Requilac casts Summon Logic.

It's Super Effective! IN

Requilac
2018-01-14, 04:09 PM
Okay everybody, a week has passed since someone last signed up and it does not look like many others are going to join so that means the game will begin sometime tomorrow. We have got 10 people so I hope that is going to be enough to buffer against the people are unable to post. Within 36 hours from the time I post this this message I will send the exposition message and we will begin the game. I am going to send a PM to the deep ones and hunter announcing their position before then though, as soon as I finish typing up this message. Thank you all for taking part in this game, and may you be The most satisfied mob that ever lynched.

Requilac
2018-01-15, 07:17 PM
The game has begun!

The Innsmouth town hall has descended into chaos. The hideous fish people called the deep ones have been seen all over town during the hours deep into the night. At first the citizens all tried to pass it off as paranoia caused by the stress of the strict rations. But now, three people have been found dead, all of them mauled and then dragged off into the water. The evidence is undeniable now, the deep ones are real and are hiding somewhere in the town of Innsmouth. A meeting of all the townspeople was scheduled to discuss how to deal with this matter, but things did not quite go as planned. Paranoia and fear has taken hold of the citizens and drove them mad. At first it started out with insults, but now people are blaming each-other for being the murderers themselves. Accusations are thrown all around the room as the citizens grow more volatile and aggressive. There are calls for lynchings as mob mentality reigns supreme. Fate has been sealed for them, for these crimes will be purged in blood!

This is the beggining of day phase 1. Make your lynch votes now!

Lynch votes
Logic: //
Ramsus: /
Xihirli: /
Kish: /
Basket of puppies: //
Ronnoc: /
super345: /

Ramsus
2018-01-15, 08:09 PM
I'll vote for Logic. For absolutely no reason.

BasketOfPuppies
2018-01-15, 08:55 PM
I’ll vote for Ramsus for the same reason.

Kish
2018-01-15, 09:42 PM
Xihirli, randomly.

Xihirli
2018-01-15, 10:57 PM
Xihirli, randomly.

Kish, out of spite!
The best reason.

Logic
2018-01-16, 01:05 PM
Basket of Puppies is the only currently active player without a vote.

Ronnoc
2018-01-16, 02:11 PM
Voting for BasketOfPuppies as BBcode errors are a clear sign of corruption by the great old ones.

Rocks_Fall
2018-01-16, 02:51 PM
Ronnoc. First reason that was neither random, nor a retaliatory vote.

Duck999
2018-01-16, 09:49 PM
I don't see the Logic in voting for active players because they don't have votes.

kgato503
2018-01-17, 12:49 AM
Meh. I wish we had some information, I hate taking a shot in the dark.

super345 are you alive over there?

Requilac
2018-01-17, 12:56 AM
Meh. I wish we had some information, I hate taking a shot in the dark.

super345 are you alive over there?

More information? What specifically were you looking for? If i started dropping hints on who the deep ones were than this game would get a little too easy for the villagers, wouldn't it?

Duck999
2018-01-17, 07:32 AM
I think they just mean first days are pretty annoying in general...

Requilac
2018-01-17, 07:43 AM
IRL games I actually always liked first games. It’s cool to see peolple interrogate each other and run the wrong conclusions based on their first impressions. People cement in their ideas on who are werewolves during session one, and gather evidence to contradict people with later. Their assumptions are always wrong though. But apparently on forum games you don’t see that behavior. That is fine though.

BasketOfPuppies
2018-01-17, 04:10 PM
Hey, sorry for being inactive for a bit- college life. I post primarily from my phone, so I don’t know how to format the colored text ever since they changed it.

Requilac
2018-01-17, 04:19 PM
Hey, sorry for being inactive for a bit- college life. I post primarily from my phone, so I don’t know how to format the colored text ever since they changed it.

Do you know how to bold text? It is more or less the same process. Above the text box there is are a bunch of things for editing, and in between the size and the smilies drop down is a capital A. Clicking on it will lower a drop down menu with a bunch of colors. Choose the color you want and the appropriate bracketed words will form around the word. Otherwise, you can put in the number for the color. Red would #FF0000, like the one below.

If super345 does not vote for logic in the next three hours, than it looks like you are going to get lynched.

BasketOfPuppies
2018-01-17, 07:51 PM
I know how, it’s just that those options aren’t there on mobile.

Requilac
2018-01-17, 09:06 PM
I know how, it’s just that those options aren’t there on mobile.

No, those options are for mobile too. I am on mobile right now and I can use them.

Requilac
2018-01-17, 11:04 PM
Sorry for being so late to the response, i got a little caught up.

The arguments get more and more vicious as the mob grows in violence. Almost everyone is accused of being the deep one, but logic and and basket of puppies receive the most attention. After a while they fiercely question basket of puppies with a barrage of strange questions. They are found to be very nervous about this fact, and they seem to be lie-ing about their innocence. Suddenly a shot rings out in the room as a bullet pierces through basket of puppies' heart. Everyone looks around the room in confusion, but they cannot locate who fired the gun. The room becomes intensely silent at the realization of what has just occured. What have you just done, are you sure that you have done the right thing? In an eerie silence everyone walks home with that jarring thought in their mind. You are not quite sure if you resolved the issue or not.

As the sun settles down in the sky, the deep ones begin their hunt.

Basket of puppies has been lynched. The night phase has begun, everyone who has a night action, please send me a PM detailing them.

Ramsus
2018-01-18, 02:16 AM
Do we not find out what BoP was?
Either way, a list of alive/dead players would be nice on phase changes.

Requilac
2018-01-18, 02:20 AM
Do we not find out what BoP was?
Either way, a list of alive/dead players would be nice on phase changes.

What is a BoP? I will strike through any dead players in the current players list though, that is a good idea.

Rocks_Fall
2018-01-18, 02:24 AM
BoP=BasketOfPuppies

Requilac
2018-01-18, 02:30 AM
I will not be revealing a person’s roles upon death. The rules set of this game was meant to give the players intense paranoia.

Kish
2018-01-18, 01:47 PM
((I appreciate the thematic reasoning, but doesn't that mean the Deep Ones are all but guaranteed to win, particularly in the absence of any form of seer? Werewolf normally works by the town starting with no knowledge and gaining increasing knowledge as each of them dies. In this game, apparently, the only knowledge the town might ever get is one name of someone who is definitely town and is going to die the next night (if the hunter reveals themself).))

Requilac
2018-01-18, 02:46 PM
((I appreciate the thematic reasoning, but doesn't that mean the Deep Ones are all but guaranteed to win, particularly in the absence of any form of seer? Werewolf normally works by the town starting with no knowledge and gaining increasing knowledge as each of them dies. In this game, apparently, the only knowledge the town might ever get is one name of someone who is definitely town and is going to die the next night (if the hunter reveals themself).))

When I was going through play-testing and rolling randomly, the villagers actually strangely had a higher chance of success. Considering as how three people brought this up though, I am probably going to begin to allow you to know whether a person who was lynched was a deep one or not. I was weary about doing so because if I did that, than you could get a very good idea of who the deep one are (EX: if I revealed that basket of puppies was a villager, than you could tell for certain that either logic or Ronnoc was transformed). That might make the game more interesting though if I played it that way.

I apologize if I seem to be making any mistakes, I am unused to how this forum plays WW and surprised to see how different it is from my experience. That should be alleviated over time. For now though I have no issue with changing rules mid-game to make sure that it is balanced though.

Duck999
2018-01-18, 03:01 PM
I believe the difference is that whether or not villagers have a better chance of winning at random, the game shouldn't be random. You could potentially do delayed reveals in the future if you want to withhold some information.

Requilac
2018-01-18, 03:05 PM
I believe the difference is that whether or not villagers have a better chance of winning at random, the game shouldn't be random. You could potentially do delayed reveals in the future if you want to withhold some information.

To be completely honest, the game is very based upon randomness though, following this rule set or not. The people who get lynched are very rarely voted on because there is logical evidence to prove so, at least in my experience. I am probably going to start implementig delayed reveals though, seeing as how so many people have brought it up.

Rocks_Fall
2018-01-18, 03:07 PM
When I was going through play-testing and rolling randomly, the villagers actually strangely had a higher chance of success. Considering as how three people brought this up though, I am probably going to begin to allow you to know whether a person who was lynched was a deep one or not. I was weary about doing so because if I did that, than you could get a very good idea of who the deep one are (EX: if I revealed that basket of puppies was a villager, than you could tell for certain that either logic or Ronnoc was transformed). That might make the game more interesting though if I played it that way.

I apologize if I seem to be making any mistakes, I am unused to how this forum plays WW and surprised to see how different it is from my experience. That should be alleviated over time. For now though I have no issue with changing rules mid-game to make sure that it is balanced though.

I support this change, since the Village will mostly be running around with their heads cut off otherwise.

Just curious, Requilac: In your play-test, were you able to ensure the Deep Ones didn't vote for themselves? The result you obtained makes more sense to me if the Deep Ones were voting randomly and helped to lynch each other, instead of working as a unit. The base rules felt in favor the Deep Ones in my opinion, but I was happy to help play-test the rules to see how it turned out.

Requilac
2018-01-18, 03:10 PM
I support this change, since the Village will mostly be running around with their heads cut off otherwise.

Just curious, Requilac: In your play-test, were you able to ensure the Deep Ones didn't vote for themselves? The result you obtained makes more sense to me if the Deep Ones were voting randomly and helped to lynch each other, instead of working as a unit. The base rules felt in favor the Deep Ones in my opinion, but I was happy to help play-test the rules to see how it turned out.

I did ensure that the deep ones could not night kill each-other. I could run a couple more rounds of play-testing, or describe in detail what my line of thinking was in case you all need confirmation though.

Requilac
2018-01-18, 07:04 PM
The undertaker took away basket of puppies' body, and managed to find no issue in doing so. Even when the moonlight falls on the corpse nothing happens. You can tell that you lynched the wrong target. Your attempts yesterday only led in failure.

basket of puppies was just a citizen

As you all awaken you walk back towards the town hall, ready to discuss the solution to this problem once again. But on your way there you find a corpse. Lying in the middle of the street you see that logic lies there, dead on the ground. The deep ones have struck once again. The mob forms as you all begin blaming each-other once again. Among your midst are the monsters, and you all can smell it. Enough has happened here today. The violence commences once again.

Logic is dead. The night phase has ended and the day phase has begun. Make your lynch votes now

Surviving players

-basket of puppies
-Rocks fall
-Kish
-Ramsus
-Kgato
-Ronnoc
-super345
-Xihirli
-duck 999
-logic

Kish
2018-01-18, 07:19 PM
Ronnoc, I believe a sinister influence is at work in the death of the unfortunate puppies.

Rocks_Fall
2018-01-18, 07:31 PM
Ronnoc is the obvious choice.

Ramsus
2018-01-18, 07:50 PM
Yup. Ronnoc.

Xihirli
2018-01-18, 11:40 PM
Voting for BasketOfPuppies as BBcode errors are a clear sign of corruption by the great old ones.

Basket of Puppies is the only currently active player without a vote.

Looked back in the posts to say: Wait, didn't two people vote for BoP?
Oh.
Ohhhhh.
Ronnoc.

Duck999
2018-01-19, 07:29 AM
Ronnoc.
Got anything to say for yourself?
Not that it will help

Ronnoc
2018-01-19, 03:56 PM
Xihirli you don't think the games that clear cut? I may be mad but this is Innsmouth, madness is just the first step.

You see, you village folk (and my new fishy bretheren) have bigger Kish to fry, for I have drunk deep of the puppies blood and seen beyond the Murska veil of the p.m. There's another objective in play, another fly in the ointment for Nyarlathotep's come to town. Deep ones and villagers alike have Kgato work together to find the Crawling chaos before he tickles Yog-sothoth into wakefulness.

If that happens, well you better Duck999 because Rocks fall and everyone dies.

Requilac
2018-01-19, 04:00 PM
Xihirli you don't think the games that clear cut? I may be mad but this is Innsmouth, madness is just the first step.

You see, you village folk (and my new fishy bretheren) have bigger Kish to fry, for I have drunk deep of the puppies blood and seen beyond the Murska veil of the p.m. There's another objective in play, another fly in the ointment for Nyarlathotep's come to town. Deep ones and villagers alike have Kgato work together to find the Crawling chaos before he tickles Yog-sothoth into wakefulness.

I don’t quite know if I should feel terrified, hysterical or just straight up confused. Let’s go with a combination of all three for now. That was probably the best last words I have ever heard, and I am not even quite sure what they mean.

Rocks_Fall
2018-01-19, 07:39 PM

I’m just happy I’m last on their list. :smallcool:

That being said, I’m removing my vote. The way the rules are written, it benefits town to have as small of a majority as possible. If only two people vote for the lynched party, and it’s a townsperson, we only have to worry about a 50:50 shot at hitting a Deep One the next day instead of 1/3 or 1/4. There’s no doubt in my mind Ronnoc has gone off the deep end, so it probably doesn’t matter this day phase.

Requilac
2018-01-20, 08:51 AM
seeing as how everyone has voted, I am going to end the day phase a little early

The evidence is clear, Ronnoc has truly gone insane and is one of the deep ones. Within seconds after his speech, everyone takes out their guns and points it at the monster. Just before the smoke arises from their barrels the deep one charges forward into the crowd as claws grow form over his hands. A slash is cut across super 345 throats. It would be Ronnoc's last action as the firing range commences and six bullets rip out out of the guns and into him. The deep one is dead, you actually managed to kill the right target.

Ronnoc was lynched. He was quite obviously a deep one. Super 345 was auto-killed for not posting in two day phases

As you do so, you realize that the sun is setting. It seems like everything happened much too quickly, how long were you out here for. Has it actually been that long, or has Dagon brought forth the night early? Or is it an illusion. Regardless everyone heads back to the nearest shelter that they can find and barricades themselves in to the best of their ability. It is all in vain though, as the deep ones prowl the night once again.

the night phase has begun

current players
-basket of puppies
-Rocks fall
-Kish
-Ramsus
-Kgato
-Ronnoc
-super345
-Xihirli
-duck 999
-logic

Requilac
2018-01-21, 09:21 AM
The night phase has ended

All of you hide in your shelters, awaiting for the light of day to return, but it is all for nought to keep the deep ones back. They have decided to mix up their strategies and are deciding to strike in the early morning, just when they think they have made it through the night. The monsters creep towards the place where Kish, the very symbol of a setting sun coincidentally, with cruel intentions. As they slit the throat of the unassuming Kish though they realize too late that someone is watching them too. A sound not unlike thunder shouts out as smoke rises from the hunter's barrel. A deep one collapses onto the ground as the other flees from the unknown threat. When the light finally sets everyone heads over to investigate. They find not only Kish's corpse, but Ramsus' too, distorted with fish like structure and scales.

Kish was night-killed, he was a villager. The hunter was able to slay Ramsus, who was a deep one. The day phase has begun.

current players
-duck 999
-kgato
-rocks fall
-xihirli

kgato503
2018-01-21, 08:53 PM
So, to recap: We have at least 1 Deep One left (I think), and the Hunter is still among us.

Three questions for you:

1) Will you tell us when we have killed the last Deep One, or do we have to figure that out ourselves?

2) If the Hunter watches themselves, and is killed, do they still have a chance to kill a Deep One?

3) Will you tell us if the Hunter is killed? Or are you just going to say that they were a Citizen.

Voting history wise, Kish and Xihirli voted for each other on Day 1, and Duck 999 voted for Logic, and I have no clue if any of that is significant. In Ronnoc' s final ramblings, I don't see Ramus mentioned (or I could be missing it because I am in a hurry), but us 4 survivors were all mentioned, so, again, I don't know if there is anything significant there.

I see two options. 1) We do a normal lynch, and hope like heck that the 1/4 chance hits its mark. 2) We lynch no one, allow the Deep One to kill one of us (hoping like heck they don't hit the Hunter), and then have the Hunter and surviving Citizen rally and kill the Deep One on Day 4 (hopefully)(Assuming there is only 1 Deep One, and they can figure out who it is). What do you guys think?

If we are going to lynch, then I have a question: Duck999, why did you provide the second vote for Logic on Day 1? (I will wait to cast my vote until I hear back from everyone else)

Requilac
2018-01-21, 09:21 PM
So, to recap: We have at least 1 Deep One left (I think), and the Hunter is still among us.

Three questions for you:

1) Will you tell us when we have killed the last Deep One, or do we have to figure that out ourselves?

2) If the Hunter watches themselves, and is killed, do they still have a chance to kill a Deep One?

3) Will you tell us if the Hunter is killed? Or are you just going to say that they were a Citizen.

Yes there is only one deep one left, that is correct. The hunter is still alive.

1) when you kill the last deep one you win the game, so I kind of have to reveal to you when you kill the last deep one. Otherwise it would be quite a strange ruling to have you lynching each-other after all the enemies are dead

2) the hunter can watch themselves yes, allowing a chance to kill a deep one.

3) I will tell you when the hunter is killed.

Rocks_Fall
2018-01-21, 10:39 PM
I agree it benefits town to vote no lynch today, otherwise it’s lynch or lose. Whoever the Hunter is should guard themselves tonight. They got crazy lucky choosing Kish last night and hitting the 50/50 to keep it from being 2-3.

Duck999
2018-01-21, 10:43 PM
@kgato:
I voted Logic for no particular reason, as we had zero info day 1.

I agree no vote is good right now. Unless the hunter gets attacked (thus killing the deep one), we will have a 50-50 shot at winning the next day. That's better than the 33% chance we get if the hunter reveals himself now.

kgato503
2018-01-21, 11:39 PM
1) when you kill the last deep one you win the game, so I kind of have to reveal to you when you kill the last deep one. Otherwise it would be quite a strange ruling to have you lynching each-other after all the enemies are dead

I was afraid we would have to call it. After all, if we failed to realize we had gotten them all, we could end up creating new Ones by killing Citizens, thus perpetuating/reviving the game. It would fit with the parinoia theme.

To make things official: I vote No Lynch.

Xihirli
2018-01-22, 11:26 AM
Unless someone wants to interpret those mad ravings from Ronnoc I'll have to agree.

No Lynch

Requilac
2018-01-22, 05:11 PM
Everybody was able to make their night action votes really quickly, so it appears that the day phase is being initiated early once again.

The very few of you who remain are emboldened by your success against the monsters, so instead of lynching each-other out of paranoia and fear, you establish a new strategy. Someone will have to be sacrificed, but if your plan succeeds, than all the deep ones will surely fall. All of you make sure to barricade yourselves away from each-other in case one might turn into a deep one. Everyone stands by with their guns in the futile attempt to kill the final monster. Despite this new found confidence though, it does not protect you from the fists of Dagon. When the morning light comes everyone heads out to look for each-other, hopeful to see the corpse of a beast. But instead they find the corpse of duck 999. On his person there is a note written in some horrible language you cannot understand, undeniably holding words of ancient evil. The note reads "Etgay Eckedwray, Crubsay!".

Duckk 999 has been night killed, he was a citizen.

As you look around, you realize there is only three of you left, Kgato, Rocks fall and Xihirli. One person is a deep one, one person is the hunter, the other is really kind of boring. Make your choices wisely now, for if you lynch the wrong target than the deep ones succeed, but if you lynch the right target than the deep ones will finally be gone.

current players
-Kgato
-Rocksfall
-Xihirli

Wow, I can't believe it, this is so dramatically climatic. There is currently a 50/50 chance for both sides to succeed, and the actions of this day will determine who wins.

Rocks_Fall
2018-01-22, 05:16 PM
I am the hunter.

Care to prove your innocence, Xihirli?

Xihirli
2018-01-22, 06:34 PM
I am the hunter.

That’s not how legal systems work.
I’ll wait on confirmation.

Requilac
2018-01-22, 06:51 PM
Rocks fall is indeed the hunter. By the rules stated previously in the OP, I must confirm to the group that the person who revealed themselves as the hunter is indeed sincere. Rocks fall is sincere, he is the hunter.

kgato503
2018-01-22, 07:19 PM
I know this won't be confirmed, but I am the "rather boring" one.

Thus, I vote Xihirli for the lynch.

Xihirli
2018-01-22, 08:57 PM
I am the hunter.

Well, Rocks, I guess it's an Elan/Nale scenario for you.
kgato.

I'm curious: Why jump the gun and vote me?
It's pretty dangerous, trying to save the town by voting for the townie to die.

Rocks_Fall
2018-01-22, 10:03 PM
I was fairly confident either you or Duck was the remaining Deep One. If you had removed kgato, it would have been tougher for me to make the snap decision.

Xihirli
2018-01-22, 10:53 PM
Wow. That didn't answer the question at all.
"Why do you think it's me?"
"Because I think it's you!"

And that is the reasoning you are killing the town with.

Rocks_Fall
2018-01-22, 11:04 PM
Wow. That didn't answer the question at all.
"Why do you think it's me?"
"Because I think it's you!"

And that is the reasoning you are killing the town with.

Compared to a normal game of WW, there’s very little to go off of beyond gut feeling. Day One is usually random, Day 2 was an obvious for Ronnoc and Day 3 was a pass.

The previous day, Kgato proposed the exact same scenario I was contemplating, which would be too balsy of a wolf to do. Now agreeing to it, a wolf would be forced to do, but suggesting it? I can’t make that jump.

Xihirli
2018-01-22, 11:16 PM
So he acted in exactly the way a wolf would in order to divert suspicion, and you're taking that as evidence he's not a wolf.
Got it.

Rocks_Fall
2018-01-22, 11:43 PM
So he acted in exactly the way a wolf would in order to divert suspicion, and you're taking that as evidence he's not a wolf.
Got it.

If you really want to try and change my mind, I’m all ears.

Xihirli
2018-01-23, 01:41 AM
What can I tell you? You had a 50/50 shot and you missed. I could do the townie secret handshake if you want.

Requilac
2018-01-23, 04:00 PM
Does anyone have anyone else to say or would you like me to end the day phase and reveal to you who wins?

Requilac
2018-01-23, 09:46 PM
I will get around to announcing the end of the game tomorrow, in about 18 or so hours. I am sorry, I am suffering some medical complications and would rather not write anything up right now.

Xihirli
2018-01-23, 11:29 PM
I'd like to say that murder won't solve this problem. I think we should give up our violent ways and live in peace. What say everyone dropping their votes?

Requilac
2018-01-24, 04:07 PM
The last people remaining of innsmouth stand at the ready, for an end to the cataclysm. Almost everybody in town has died since the disaster of the deep ones. And the final direction of the bullet here will decide the fate of innsmouth. If the wrong target bleeds, than Dagon shall triumph. But if the final monster is stricken down, than the citizens will finally bring about an end to this madness. With the visions of the dead fresh in their mind the hunter's pistol lets out its scream one last time. The bullet rips through Xihirli's flesh. Instead of skin being hit though, the screaming metal pierces scales. Xihirli's eyes turn red as they stagger to the ground, their true horrendous form revealed. It was impossible for a normal person to withstand that hit, but the deep one still stares outwards. One final bullet is launched as the beast is felled. The sun rises to its zenith in the sky now. The shadows recede, the deathly pall over innsmouth has vanished. Dagon's servants lie defeated. The people of Innsmouth have won. It was a hard fight, and the cost was massive, but in the end Dagon's cruel grip on the town was severed.

Xihirll, the final deep one, has been lynched, The citizens have won.

For those of you who are still around, I would like to thank you for playing. I truly had a great time with this game. I am sorry about my faulty design to begin with, but in the end it appeared to have all worked out. Thank you once for giving me this opportunity. I know it was not the most original, but I am glad to see that everyone seemed to take enjoyment out of it. What did you all think of the game over-all? Did you like the mechanics presented here? Was i too verbose with my descriptions? Would you all be willing to play another game ran by me? It is not at all necessary for you to respond, but I would like some feed-back if you can give it.

Logic
2018-01-24, 04:25 PM
So, I'm a tad curious why I was the first nightkill.

The reason that is currently makes sense to me is that Ramsus and Xihirli over-valued my contribution to town. (I know, humble-brag and all.)

Xihirli your last post made it completely obvious you were a deep one. Had you just decided to pass a joke, or were you trying something there?

Rocks_Fall
2018-01-24, 04:37 PM
Yay town!

And yes, you as the first night-kill made no sense, considering how it pointed us directly to Ronnoc. It would be interesting to see how the Deep One's voting went each night.

Requilac
2018-01-24, 04:42 PM
Yay town!

And yes, you as the first night-kill made no sense, considering how it pointed us directly to Ronnoc. It would be interesting to see how the Deep One's voting went each night.

I unfortunately had to delete a lot of the old votes to prevent my inbox from being filled up, but Xihirli and Ramsus might still have them. Their patterns were pretty similar though, they somehow made similar votes almost every night. I found it hilarious though that duck 999 was in both of the deep one's list all three nights but his only saving grace was the fact that he was never at the top of the list.

@ Ramsus and Xihirli

Why did you all seem to want to kill duck999 so badly anyhow?

kgato503
2018-01-24, 06:35 PM
Huzzah!

What did you all think of the game over-all? Did you like the mechanics presented here? Was i too verbose with my descriptions? Would you all be willing to play another game ran by me? It is not at all necessary for you to respond, but I would like some feed-back if you can give it.

Overall, I liked the game. The mechanics were good overall (I still miss the seer, and playing as a Citizen was a little boring). Your descriptions were good, and not too verbose (good story telling). I would be happy to play another game run by you. I didn't really feel a lot of the paranoia that I thought would go with this game, but that might just be due to how things turned out. It would be interesting to see this game run again in the near future.

One critique I have is that, as Narrator, you might want to be a little more hands off. Once the game has started, unless input from you is directly requested or required (such as clearing up rules, confirming the Hunter, or game updates) you might want to refrain from posting in the main thread, as it may sway player perception. If you need to talk to a player, PM them instead. From what I have seen on the forum, most narrators are fairly hands off once the game gets started. As I have said before, we are essentially roll-playing, and as Narrator, you want to be careful not to break the perceptions that people are trying to build, unless the game specifically asks for it. Best case scenario, the interruption is ignored, or treated as a minor break in the suspension of disbelief. Worst case, the disruption might give away someone's role or completely break the picture they are trying to paint, which could ruin the game for them. If you do find the need to respond to someone in thread, be vary careful about your wording and be mindful about how it will be interpreted. Aim for neutrality. These are just suggestions on things you might want to be aware of. Overall, you did well :smallsmile:.

Requilac
2018-01-24, 11:27 PM
One critique I have is that, as Narrator, you might want to be a little more hands off. Once the game has started, unless input from you is directly requested or required (such as clearing up rules, confirming the Hunter, or game updates) you might want to refrain from posting in the main thread, as it may sway player perception. If you need to talk to a player, PM them instead. From what I have seen on the forum, most narrators are fairly hands off once the game gets started. As I have said before, we are essentially roll-playing, and as Narrator, you want to be careful not to break the perceptions that people are trying to build, unless the game specifically asks for it. Best case scenario, the interruption is ignored, or treated as a minor break in the suspension of disbelief. Worst case, the disruption might give away someone's role or completely break the picture they are trying to paint, which could ruin the game for them. If you do find the need to respond to someone in thread, be vary careful about your wording and be mindful about how it will be interpreted. Aim for neutrality. These are just suggestions on things you might want to be aware of. Overall, you did well :smallsmile:.

Hmm, quite interesting that you brought that up. Almost all of my posts were responses to other peoples thoughts and not so much as my peeking my head in. I normally would have been much more hands off, barely posting outside of the plot updates, but I got quite a bit of questions aimed at me. If the players ask a question of me than I feel obliged to answer and give my reasoning for that. Were those not presented to me I would have spoken much less. That being said, which particular phrases did you think made me seem biased to one side? I was answering mechanical questions for the most part and don’t think I really ever said anything that would change someone’s perception of another character. May I ask precisely what you were referring to? Would you have rather me answered the questions through a PM, left the question hanging and unanswered or change he wording (and if that is the case, how could I word it better). Don’t get me wrong, I appreciate your feed back but I don’t fully understand what you mean by what you are saying.

Xihirli
2018-01-24, 11:34 PM
Everything else had failed, I decided to go for it.

I feel like if we both wanted to kill him that bad he wouldn't have gone last. Of the three, he was the one I expected to have been one of the two remaining town roles.

Ronnoc
2018-01-25, 10:44 AM
I can't speak for everyone else but one factor in logic getting night killed was that I was hit by the irl bat and missed the vote.

Ramsus
2018-01-28, 08:20 PM
@ Ramsus and Xihirli
No particular reason. In fact, I was rolling for targets since I didn't have any particular reason to target anyone over anyone else.

kgato503
2018-01-29, 01:14 AM
Hmm, quite interesting that you brought that up. Almost all of my posts were responses to other peoples thoughts and not so much as my peeking my head in. I normally would have been much more hands off, barely posting outside of the plot updates, but I got quite a bit of questions aimed at me. If the players ask a question of me than I feel obliged to answer and give my reasoning for that. Were those not presented to me I would have spoken much less. That being said, which particular phrases did you think made me seem biased to one side? I was answering mechanical questions for the most part and don’t think I really ever said anything that would change someone’s perception of another character. May I ask precisely what you were referring to? Would you have rather me answered the questions through a PM, left the question hanging and unanswered or change he wording (and if that is the case, how could I word it better). Don’t get me wrong, I appreciate your feed back but I don’t fully understand what you mean by what you are saying.

Like I said, answering questions aimed at you are fine. Especially about mechanics. Mainly, my comment was due to what happened during Day 1, when you accidentally misinterpreted my comment as an question/somehting you needed to deal with.

More information? What specifically were you looking for? If i started dropping hints on who the deep ones were than this game would get a little too easy for the villagers, wouldn't it?

My first interpretation of this response was that it might be tipping your hand to the fact that I was a Civilian (obviously a Deep One would not be lacking for information, and the last half of that sentence could be interpreted as a minor dig at a Civilian, depending on tone). At the very least, I was less than happy that my comment had been called out on by the narrator. This sort of situation is a prime candidate for checking via PM if you need to clarify something for a player. Especially since my post left you unsure about what I was looking for. If the discussion with the player reveals something that all players need to be made aware of, then you can always go back to the main thread and post a clarification without responding directly to anyone or hinting who asked. Could I be reading too much into your post in this case? Eh, probably, I have a tendency to over think things on occasion. However, it is a game of WW specifically designed towards paranoia, so the likelihood of someone else reading too much into that post is also rather likely. I can't remember other instances off the top of my head right now, other than being the fact that I remember noting that you were less hands-off (my internet access is less than optimal right now).

Like I said before, I did enjoy the game overall, and I would be happy to play another game run by you. :smallsmile:

Requilac
2018-01-29, 06:47 AM
@ Kgato

I will keep that in mind in the future to ask such questions over PM. I was unaware of how the protocol went and did not quite automatically realize the impact of what I had said.

If I recall, I did make a couple of comments that were not questions. The two that I can remember off the top of my head was the one where I was praising Ronnoc’s insane speech and the other when I was talking about what typically happens during the first day of a WW game. I will also keep that in mind.

It might be a very long time before I host another game here though, just keep that in mind. A month it appears at the very least.