PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Well well well, what do we have here - Bardic Performance Fascinate Optimization

Triskavanski
2017-12-27, 09:34 AM
I'm looking into ways to improve the Fascinate performance from bards. The reason? I'm working on a Super Villain character who is going to be using Oratory every chance he can get. I do get the ability to play gestalt, but no multiclassing. I'm also going to be trying to go into many of the super villain tropes as I can to do this as well.

Geddy2112
2017-12-27, 03:15 PM
The lotus geisha bard can get a +2 to fascinate so long as it is against a single target. Maxing charisma is obviously important for the DC, and take the monster feat ability focus for a further +2. The ifirit race grants a +2 to charisma and have an alternate race trait called hypnotic increasing the DC of any fascinate spell or effect by 1, also giving a once a day ability to force a Target to re roll a save.
For gestalt, I would throw on mesmerist so you can hypnotic stare targets and reduce their save. Also being a charisma based class it meshes well. The memorable trait allows the fascinate condition to last an additional round. Stacked on top of lingering performance you can fascinate for 4 rounds at the expense of a single bardic performance round. The harmonic sage feat will give you a +1 to the DC indoors if you can pass a DC 15 knowledge engineering check.

Florian
2017-12-28, 04:51 AM
IŽd go for a Vishkanya Bard (Disciple of the Forked Tongue) // Rogue (Deadly Courtesan) using Diva Style for funsies.

Crake
2017-12-28, 06:17 AM
Play the 3.5 bard instead, where the fascinate DC is equal to your perform check. Far easier to optimize a skill than an ability's DC.

Triskavanski
2017-12-28, 09:48 AM
If I was able to, I would, maybe. Cause that bard doesn't get versatile performance on the other hand.

Triskavanski
2017-12-29, 02:44 PM
I think I might know the best way of using it. Beyond just the monolog aspects, I'd also use Diplomacy along with my bardic performance. Something kind of like Rayman Reddington telling people not to kill him yet because he's got some valuable information or a deal he'd like to make