PDA

View Full Version : Revenant Blade

calebcom
2007-08-22, 11:52 AM
Okay, I know the general feelings on dual wielders and even more so on double weapons.

I know that a two handed weapon is mathmatically superior.

But what about combining the two?

Revenant Blade from Eberron Players Guide is a 5 level prestige class that treats both ends of a double bladed scimitar as two handed.

1.5x str and double power attack.

Most of the damage from a charge monkey comes from the power attack if I remember right, so how about doubling the attacks of that charge monkey?

SpikeFightwicky
2007-08-22, 12:21 PM
Won't work with a charge. You only get one attack during a charge no matter what.

calebcom
2007-08-22, 12:23 PM
1 lvl dip into lion totem barbarian ftw?

and do try to avoid using absolutes, there are normally ways in D&D to do whatever you want. There are ways to full attack on a charge. Pounce being one that comes to mind immediately.

SpikeFightwicky
2007-08-22, 12:24 PM
1 lvl dip into lion totem barbarian ftw?

Oh yeah.... Ok, that would work. Sounds like an interesting build!

SadisticFishing
2007-08-22, 12:37 PM
Or even Two Weapon Pounce (PHB2)

Mind tossing a few more details out there? :D (of the class)

calebcom
2007-08-22, 02:10 PM
I'm not going to get into too many specifics to avoid trouble BUT.

They're primarily a Ranger or Fighter/rogue Prc as it needs hide and Move Silently ranks. Requires Vestment into the Valenar Double Scimitar and TWF.
Also Requires being an elf(easily changed up)

They draw on the skills of their ancestors and can change which feats they draw daily. Exchanging out at 5th level 3 bonus feats from this list.

alertness, Blind-fight, Combat Expertise, Dodge, Great Cleave, Imp Crit(Double Scimitar), Imp Sunder, Imp Trip, Power Attack, Skill Focus(History) Spring Attack, Stealthy, Weapon Spec(Double Scimitar)

They don't have to meet any requirements for these feats and can change them out once per day with 1 hour of meditation.

the Prc stacks with Ranger for the purposes of Animal Companion and Ranger Caster Level.

Bonuses to Diplomacy with elves
Bonus to hide and move silently = to class level

Giant Slayer

Legendary Force(BOth ends of double scimitar counts as 2 handed weapons for purposes of Power attack and Str to damage.)

Ceridan
2007-08-22, 03:27 PM
Won't work with a charge. You only get one attack during a charge no matter what.

You can get multi-attacks on a charge with The Shadow Lord Prc's shadow pounce from Unapproachable east or from the Tiger claw dicepline's manuevers such as the Dancing Mongoose, Raging Mongoose or Pouncing Charge.

Reel On, Love
2007-08-22, 03:32 PM
Revenant Blade is very strong. The classic builds look like, say, Barbarian 1/Ranger 4/Revenant Blade 5/Frenzied Berserker 10 or Dervish 10. It's a very offensively powerful class.

calebcom
2007-08-22, 04:06 PM
The game I am currently running has a player with revenant blade.

He's 5 Ranger 1 Revenant Blade right now, but he's enjoying the "Salad Shooter" effect of the many attacks.

My other players consist of a Ranger/Wizard/Arcane Archer (Not powerful but fun)
A Psion/Metamind
a Cleric who doesn't know what Pcr he wants.
a Halfling Barbarian/Bear Warrior
and One new player who is undecided.

I have always liked dualwielding and Revenant Blade makes them as if not more powerful than a standard 2hander so I actively encourage him to be a tasty little salad shooter.