PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Building a Terminator PC

Captain Kablam
2017-12-28, 05:38 PM
https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--36dOq2gY--/c_fill,fl_progressive,g_north,h_264,q_80,w_470/fk2c2u89qbkbitk0ghww.jpg

Hey, noob player, going to play in my first campaign and know what I want to play as. So how would I go about making a murderbot? Old Republic is the setting if that's important. D20 system

I want to use big guns, lots of them, and to basically shrug off a lot of damage, or at least be pretty damn durable. I am unconcerned with the "looking human" aspect of the character, though I do still want to wear shades over my skull face.

LibraryOgre
2017-12-28, 06:54 PM
More important than the setting is the system. Making such in D6 is a different story than in Saga, d20, or FFG.

Blackhawk748
2017-12-28, 06:59 PM
Ok:

Step 1: Pick a 4th Degree droid you like (or build your own model)
Step 2: Be a Soldier and take feats and talents that make you better at Autofire (like Burst Fire)
Step 3: Take feats and Talents that make you better at tanking (like Harm's Way and Indomitable)
Step 4: ????
Step 5: Profit!!!

Being less tongue in cheek, grab a Droid, take Soldier (possibly think about going into Bounty Hunter), grab Burst Fire and a few tanking talents (maybe some Armor talents), then go buy a big gun of your choice.

Edit: All of this advice is for Saga

Captain Kablam
2017-12-28, 07:13 PM
More important than the setting is the system. Making such in D6 is a different story than in Saga, d20, or FFG.

Didn't know there were multiple, but it looks to be d20, sorry about that.

Ninjaxenomorph
2017-12-28, 11:29 PM
I wonder if Saga/whatever you're playing has human replica droids (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Human_replica_droid) as a playable race...

LibraryOgre
2017-12-29, 10:51 AM
Didn't know there were multiple, but it looks to be d20, sorry about that.

Which happens to be one of the two games I know little about. Good luck!

RandomLunatic
2017-12-29, 01:35 PM
Which D20 are you playing? It's important. If the books are roughly 8 1/2" x 11" rectangles, you're playing either Core Rulebook or Revised Core Rulebook, and either way my advice is the same: Throw them out and get your hands on Saga edition, because OCR and RCR both suck. I don't think either one has any material for the Old Republic era either.

If the core book is squarish, black, and has a gold outline of Darth Vader on the cover, you're playing Saga edition. And my advice depends on both your starting level, and which type of weaponry you want to focus on. Heavy weapons come in two flavors; autofire and blast radius. And there's different ways to success with each.

For toughness, you want to pick up the Soldier talents Armored Defense and Improved Armored Defense, along with heavy armor, and you're half of the way there.