PDA

View Full Version : Dragon PC Statistics?

Stormlance
2017-12-29, 04:30 AM
Are there any racial statistics for playing a dragon as a PC? I know older editions had some but I can't find any for 5e.

If there aren't any published yet, what would be a good balance for a PC dragon race? I intend for the entire party to be dragons, so the race doesn't have to balance against other PC races. I would, however, like to be able to give players the option of playing different types of dragons (Red, blue, white, silver, bronze etc.) without one type being vastly superior to another.

Any comments, suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Talamare
2017-12-29, 04:44 AM
Dragonborn for the PHB?

Dyndrilliac
2017-12-29, 05:10 AM
In addition to the Dragonborn race in the Player's Handbook, there is also the half-dragon template from the Monster Manual. See page 180.

Be prepared: the Dragonborn race and Half-Dragon template still pale in comparison to the power level of actual adult dragons.

Kane0
2017-12-29, 05:17 AM
+2 and +1 to any stat of choice
Dragonborn breath weapon (short rest, bonus action, scales at 5, 11 and 17) and damage resistance
Darkvision
Flight
A spot of Spellcasting ala drow/tiefling
And perhaps a ribbon like hoard sense (stonecunning but for art and currency)

Sure it’s OP, but if theyre all the same race it doesnt matter.

TundraBuccaneer
2017-12-29, 05:42 AM
https://www.reddit.com/r/UnearthedArcana/comments/55bh2u/dragon_raceclass_v20/

This is a homebrew that I think is pretty well balanced it went through a few versions of it own and was based on other attempts. It has a dragon race, class and hombrew. This way you don't have to make a very strong race that does what other classes do. But you start out as a little dragon that grows up to become bigger and bigger, gaining more draconic traits as you go.

Specter
2017-12-29, 10:09 AM
Anything other than half-dragon is going to be either OP or not in line with the strenght of dragons. In fact, even half-dragon will be OP most of the time. If someone casts Enlarge on them, they can have a 16d6 breath nuke.