PDA

View Full Version : [SW Saga] WBL?

Pleh
2017-12-29, 09:30 AM
A friend of mine wants to start a SW Saga game (I think at 8th level) and he's looking for a good starting credit number to represent our backstory as adventuring mercenaries.

I thought the core book had something on WBL, but I can't find it. Anyone have any sources, or at least recommendations?

LibraryOgre
2017-12-29, 10:51 AM
I don't think there's an explicit WBL, partially because gear in Star Wars matters less... what your character can do is far more important than what he has. Chances are, your 8th level character is using about the same blaster pistol he had at 1st level, and is probably flying about the same ship.

I'd be inclined to simply let an 8th level character have pretty much what they like, and with fewer strings than I'd apply to a 1st level character. Your 1st level character may have a ship, but he owes a crime lord. Your 8th level character has the same ship, but he paid off his debt a while back.

Blackhawk748
2017-12-29, 11:14 AM
I don't think there's an explicit WBL, partially because gear in Star Wars matters less... what your character can do is far more important than what he has. Chances are, your 8th level character is using about the same blaster pistol he had at 1st level, and is probably flying about the same ship.

I'd be inclined to simply let an 8th level character have pretty much what they like, and with fewer strings than I'd apply to a 1st level character. Your 1st level character may have a ship, but he owes a crime lord. Your 8th level character has the same ship, but he paid off his debt a while back.

Pretty much this. Having a Million credits in SAGA isn't like having a million gold in DnD. I mean, ya you'll have the coolest ship ever, but its not gonna automatically kick everything's rear end, mostly cuz you'll wind up fighting ships of similar caliber.

My recommendation is the same, you could probably have whatever you want, within reason. (as in, no you dont get to have a Star Destroyer.)

RandomLunatic
2017-12-29, 01:07 PM
There's no explicit WBL in the books. In a blog, Rodney suggested a level N hero should have roughly [N]*[N-1]*1,000 credits, doubled if he has the Wealth talent. At 8th level, that would be 56,000 credits. He then went on to stress about half of that should be in intangible or other non-liquid forms, like contacts and favors. I believe the formula he suggested for estimating the value of a contact/favor was the same one that worked its way into Scum & Villainy.