View Full Version : Pathfinder Charakter concept: divine planar guide

Wasum
2017-12-30, 04:27 PM
Hello everybody!

For my campaign I need a divine spellcaster who will be played by one player of my group (whose charakter will not participate in this plot).

This charakter will be introduced because my group made some experiences with planar travel (they shut down an engine which was able to open portals to different planes), so I am looking for some fluff and abilities that suit such a character. Later the character will accompany the group to Dis in the second layer of hell and therefore needs some abilities to shine there (just to let the player enjoy leaving behind his PC). Also we have an agreement that such a charakter would have to be a divine spellcaster.

By now I found the PrC "Rift Warden" and the "Planar Oracle", but thats about it.

The rift warden kinda bothers me as its channel ability only affects extraplanars, so he couldnt harm devils in hell at all.

The planar oracle is okay as it comes with some fluff that suits this kind of build but doesnt offer something particularly interesting.

That's why I was hoping to find some help here. I'd love something like a spell focused horizon walker.

Florian
2017-12-30, 06:09 PM
How about a variant of the Oradin? The Faithful Wanderer Paladin archetype has the ability to hide a good aura and starts mimicking the local planar aura at 3rd, and you can combine the Pei-Zin Practitioner and Planar Oracle archetypes, going for the usual Life mystery, the Life Link and Channel Energy revelations and use the Alignment Channel feat more offensively? That's actually a solid support character with all the necessary planar traveling spells on the oracle side.

Wasum
2017-12-30, 07:15 PM
Well I like the Faithful Wanderer a lot if only his aura affected the whole party. Without that feature it doesnt do too much for my taste.
I really like the idea of going for alignment channel! Is there any plane themed Cleric archetype? I'd prefer one over the oracle as there already is an oracle in the party.
On the other hand oracles a pretty diverse, so this might not be an issue.