PDA

View Full Version : Modified memory and mislead

Siah5
2017-12-31, 04:32 AM
Question about these 2 lvl 5 spells. Can modified memory let me take control of a conjured creature that is in my lvl range to summon if i changed it to remember me summoning it?. Second can mislead let me use my illusion to pass through walls say like the blink spell i can go through walls ect?. Also side question csn i use enlarge/reduce on arcane hand make it into a huge or colossal size?.

Darkstar952
2017-12-31, 04:50 AM
For the conjured creature I would not let you take control, you would be able to make it consider you a friend or ally, but the magic used by the original summoner would retain their control over it.

With Mislead the illusion could certainly be made to pass through a wall, though that may make it pretty obvious to people that it is an illusion. You wouldn't be able to move through walls yourself. I'm not sure what you are referring to with Blink enabling you to go through walls as the spell doesn't do that. Blink only moves you to the ethereal plane at the end of your turn, and then at the start of your turn the space you return to is limited by line of sight, so cannot return on the other side of a wall.

Siah5
2017-12-31, 05:08 AM
The referance to blink was about the etheral plane how u can move through walls ect. Yes it is a illusion but my main person will be invisible while i am able to say explore a dungion while in jail.

JackPhoenix
2017-12-31, 09:25 AM
Modify Memory won't help you with most Conjure x spells, as the creatures are controlled by magic of the summoning spells, not through remembering who summoned them. It may help you with spells that require bargaining between the summoner and the summoned creature, like Planar Ally or Gate, but you'd need a) one minute to come up with the new memory, which won't be possible in combat, b) knowledge of when the original bargain occured, to know which 10 minutes of the creature's memory you'll need to change, and c) the bargain itself must've taken less than 10 minutes in the first place, otherwise you'll replace only part of the memory pertaining to the original bargain. The memory also must make sense, so good luck coming up with a reason to make, say, devil, work for you for free.

Siah5
2017-12-31, 04:41 PM
What about the arcane hand question about useing enlarge on it if not me a party member?

Lombra
2017-12-31, 08:36 PM
What about the arcane hand question about useing enlarge on it if not me a party member?

What even is an arcane hand? If you are referring to Mage Hand then no, it's not a creature or an object. If you want big hands you should look forward to Bigby's ones.

Potato_Priest
2017-12-31, 08:42 PM
You actually could use blink to move through walls. It works like this:

On your turn, you take the ready action to move through the wall, and the trigger for using this movement is when you enter the ethereal plane. At the end of your turn you have a 50% chance to enter the ethereal plane, and if you do, then your ready action triggers and you can run through the wall.