PDA

View Full Version : New Years or calendar based plot ideas?

MarkVIIIMarc
2018-01-01, 10:11 AM
http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/new-years-day

Aftsr reading the above I feel like I there should be a timely D&D plot in there someplace. I just can't put my fingers on it yet though.....

Any ideas?

Unoriginal
2018-01-01, 10:32 AM
http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/new-years-day

Aftsr reading the above I feel like I there should be a timely D&D plot in there someplace. I just can't put my fingers on it yet though.....

Any ideas?

Why not a dungeon composed of 12 mini-dungeons themed after each Zodiac sign (with said Zodiac as a boss at the end) and a big boss at the end based on this year's Chinese Zodiac animal & element, aka the Fire Rooster?

EDIT:

Or you could have a plot based around the authority in charge of the calendar making a modification to it, and it ends up triggering a prophecy/freeing a bad guy/disturbing someone's plan who then want retaliation.

Ex:

- A demon tricks a lawmaker into adding a day to this year, which would snowball into making the Great Modron March happen at the wrong time and cause the Modron to be stuck into chaos.

-A politician adds a second Thursday to a week in order to disturb their rivals' scheme (involving a limited time period), which ends up freeing two entities who had been sealed by the god Thor who said something like "you won't get out unless there is one of my days for each of you in the same week".

-A devil is in trouble: they built a scheme requiring a corrupt candidate for an important office gaining said office, but due to a loophole this candidate can't present themselves for the selection until their previous mandate has expired, while the selection happens during a specific event two days before the end of said mandate. The devil must find a way to make this event happen three days late, and the PCs are looking for a job...

MarkVIIIMarc
2018-01-01, 12:38 PM
Why not a dungeon composed of 12 mini-dungeons themed after each Zodiac sign (with said Zodiac as a boss at the end) and a big boss at the end based on this year's Chinese Zodiac animal & element, aka the Fire Rooster?

EDIT:

Or you could have a plot based around the authority in charge of the calendar making a modification to it, and it ends up triggering a prophecy/freeing a bad guy/disturbing someone's plan who then want retaliation.

Ex:

- A demon tricks a lawmaker into adding a day to this year, which would snowball into making the Great Modron March happen at the wrong time and cause the Modron to be stuck into chaos.

-A politician adds a second Thursday to a week in order to disturb their rivals' scheme (involving a limited time period), which ends up freeing two entities who had been sealed by the god Thor who said something like "you won't get out unless there is one of my days for each of you in the same week".

-A devil is in trouble: they built a scheme requiring a corrupt candidate for an important office gaining said office, but due to a loophole this candidate can't present themselves for the selection until their previous mandate has expired, while the selection happens during a specific event two days before the end of said mandate. The devil must find a way to make this event happen three days late, and the PCs are looking for a job...

Solid ideas all of them. I'll have a week or so to figure out what fits best in our D&D world and I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks again!