PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder How Many Flying Races in Pathfinder?

Palanan
2018-01-01, 12:52 PM
How many playable races can fly in the Pathfinder ruleset? I’m looking for anything from official Paizo sources.

Off the top of my head I’m aware of the strix and the syrinx, plus tengu with the Glide trait or the Tengu Wings feat. Are there any other races with any kind of flight?

Baroncognito
2018-01-01, 04:00 PM
Well, it depends upon how much effort you want to put into it.

Aasimar can fly with either 1) alternative aasimar ability (Fly Speed 20 poor) from Blood of Angels or at level ten with a constitution of at least 13 and having taken two feats, Angel Blood and Angel Wings from the Advanced Race Guide.

Kobold can fly at level 10 with three feats, Draconic Aspect, one of the following: Draconic Glide, Draconic Magic, or Draconic Breath, and Draconic Paragon, all from the Advanced Race guide.

Sylph can fly at level 9 with two feats, Airy Step and Wings of Air from the Adanced Race Guide.

Gathlain can fly

and

Wyvarans can fly.

Celestia
2018-01-01, 04:05 PM
They all fly if you throw them hard enough.

unseenmage
2018-01-01, 04:07 PM
Flight and Gliding flight are also options in the race builder (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/other-rules/creating-new-races/) as well.

So that makes the maximum possible options quite a lot more numerous.

Heck if we're playing Starfinder or an Outer Worlds enabled game you don't even have to throw them that hard... so long as you can get them to the airlock first.

grarrrg
2018-01-01, 04:33 PM
Heck if we're playing Starfinder or an Outer Worlds enabled game you don't even have to throw them that hard... so long as you can get them to the airlock first.

That's not flying.
That's falling, with style.

Elkad
2018-01-02, 10:02 AM

/cue Woody voice.

"That's not flying! That's falling. With style."

Edit: Gah, swordsaged by many hours.

atemu1234
2018-01-03, 01:05 AM

You jest, but there are enough templates that give flying for very reasonable cost that it doesn't take much to make about anything in Pathfinder to fly.